[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears-Gmen thread

HowboutthemCowboys

Jeez...only the dumpster divers put Jacobs in their line-up this afternoon. This FF thing is a crap shoot.

That's it...100+ and 2 tds for Jacobs. WTF? The world is melting, the gov is shutdown and Jacobs outsources Forte and Cruz.

I'm signing up for the Foreign Legion tomorrow right after I get wake up in the bath tub. BTW, how do you find the Foreign Legion?

Uhhh Eli is in a whole other galaxy than Romo. Romo 2 picks on the year pal. Don't lump Illadvised Eli with my man Slip. Maybe in past years but don't you dare. Not this year. Not when my boy put up 500 and 5.

C'mon man, that's not how it works with football fans. If Romo throws an interception late in the game, even if he plays a better game (people still refute this fact) than Peyton Manning, he's still a horrible QB on par with Eli this season. If this doesn't make sense to you, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should pick a different team with a QB that doesn't have a star on the side of his helmet. /s

C'mon man, that's not how it works with football fans. If Romo throws an interception late in the game, even if he plays a better game (people still refute this fact) than Peyton Manning, he's still a horrible QB on par with Eli this season. If this doesn't make sense to you, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should pick a different team with a QB that doesn't have a star on the side of his helmet. /s

Very sad. Romo is one thousand times the QB than Eli is...

Well, so much for 2013. As a fan, I will continue to watch and root for my Giants, but all hope for this season is gone. Time to call it what it is - a crappy season. Oh well. For now, I would trade Nicks and Tuck while they have value and get some draft picks. Get Randle in the starting line up and give him some time with Eli. Set aside some money for Ben Tate and make a big run at him in the off season. Double your college scouts and start looking for OL, DL and secondary help. Start planning for 2014 NOW.

This sucks, but I am positive it is a one year blip. The nice hing about football is how quick things can turn around (see KC this year). There is no need to panic and fire Reese or Coughlin. Since we are not making the playoffs, I am hoping for a 0-16 or 2-14 season. Get a top three draft pick and either get an impact player on either side of the ball or trade the pick for more draft picks.

And as for Romo over Eli, yes, for this season so far Romo has been better. 1000 times better. THIS SEASON. I would still never swap Eli for Romo in any year past or going forward.

Well, so much for 2013. As a fan, I will continue to watch and root for my Giants, but all hope for this season is gone. Time to call it what it is - a crappy season. Oh well. For now, I would trade Nicks and Tuck while they have value and get some draft picks. Get Randle in the starting line up and give him some time with Eli. Set aside some money for Ben Tate and make a big run at him in the off season. Double your college scouts and start looking for OL, DL and secondary help. Start planning for 2014 NOW.

This sucks, but I am positive it is a one year blip. The nice hing about football is how quick things can turn around (see KC this year). There is no need to panic and fire Reese or Coughlin. Since we are not making the playoffs, I am hoping for a 0-16 or 2-14 season. Get a top three draft pick and either get an impact player on either side of the ball or trade the pick for more draft picks.

And as for Romo over Eli, yes, for this season so far Romo has been better. 1000 times better. THIS SEASON. I would still never swap Eli for Romo in any year past or going forward.

:wflag: No mas, no mas :boxing:

Yeah, nice eulogy. However, they still have the ability to play football. They just chose to play tiddly winks so far. This is the same team minus Bradshaw, that gave teams fits last year. No I plan on puling for them to at least win a few games. Don't want you guys muck up and get a high pick or anything. :wflag:

ill-advised ELI.........I love it I love it.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Ugly start to the game but I give the Giants credit for hangin in there the rest of the way.

Yeah Romo's been much better this season, but Eli's career over has been better. Besides Romo's 500,5 is still blemished by the late pick to throw the game away.

Well, here is the rest of their schedule:

vs. Vikings. Can't stop AP.

@ Eagles. They just got spanked at home by the Eagles

BYE. Yea! A non loss.

Raiders. Best bet for a win.

Packers. Ugh.

Cowboys. Double Ugh.

@ Redskins. Triple Ugh

@ Chargers. They do not do well going cross country. 50/50

Seahawks. Nope

@ Lions. Nope. Not in Detroit.

Redskins. Nope

So there looks like one win-able game (Oakland) and one possible (SD). After that are multi threat teams (Running QB, good running game and/or solid defense) and the Lions in Detroit.

I am starring at 3-13. Who will finish worse? Pittsburgh? No they should get 4. Jacksonville. Yes. SD? No. Oakland? Maybe. Buffalo? No. Minnesota? maybe. TB? Maybe. So you are looking at a definite top 5 pick. Potentially higher. Like I said, if we are going to miss the playoffs, miss it BIG.

And please, keep Eli healthy.

Wow - from their website "Whatever your marital status is (single, married, divorced..) you will be enlisted as a single man"

Does that mean the joining the french foreign legion is a get out of marriage and bang prostitutes while in foreign country card?

That's why all I needed was for BJacobs to blow up against me to join up! Plus all the french fries you can eat.

BYE. Yea! A non loss.

Packers. Ugh.

Cowboys. Double Ugh.

@ Redskins. Triple Ugh

Seahawks. Nope

Redskins. Nope

So there looks like one win-able game (Oakland) and one possible (SD). After that are multi threat teams (Running QB, good running game and/or solid defense) and the Lions in Detroit.

I am starring at 3-13. Who will finish worse? Pittsburgh? No they should get 4. Jacksonville. Yes. SD? No. Oakland? Maybe. Buffalo? No. Minnesota? maybe. TB? Maybe. So you are looking at a definite top 5 pick. Potentially higher. Like I said, if we are going to miss the playoffs, miss it BIG.

And please, keep Eli healthy.

Sorry but both the Raiders and Chargers are better than you might think. Can't believe they might go 0 fer.

Would you take Bridgewater if they do? Maybe trade out of the 1st pick to get the 2nd pick?

Wow - from their website "Whatever your marital status is (single, married, divorced..) you will be enlisted as a single man"

Does that mean the joining the french foreign legion is a get out of marriage and bang prostitutes while in foreign country card?

I assume that's so they can get out of giving benefits to spouses/dependents.

And you get to bang other broads.

I know the Raiders and Chargers are better than the Giants right now. I am just saying those two teams - especially the Raiders coming cross country - offer the Giants the best chance at a win. I put the over under on wins for the Giants at 2.5.

And if we get the #1 or #2 (I assume Jacksonville gets the other) then draft Clowney. He will make a huge impact for our defense and give us back a pass rush. If Clowney is gone, then trade the pick. Move down and get more picks. You can always find good OL and DL in the second and third round.

I know people have their doubts about Clowney now but I do not. I think he is the one impact player the Giants should draft early. Otherwise, trade down.

And absolutely not on Bridgewater or any other QB. let's not forget Eli has won two Super Bowls recently and is just having a bad year. He is to blame for most of his INTs, but the WR and TE are not helping (outside of Cruz) and the OL is not giving him protection and outside of last night, the running game has sucked. I doubt most QBs would do well in that scenario.

If Jacksonville picks #2 and the Giants have the #1, I am positive Resse can broker a trade to mocve down to #2, collect some picks and take Clowney. How many picks? Well, I am sure SD would tell you in retrospect they would have given up a ton to move up to #1 to take Manning over Leaf. Hell they gave up 2 #1 picks, a #2 and Eric Metcalf to move from 3 to 2! Jacksonville should give up a bunch to draft Bridgewater.

Edited by Wpob

BYE. Yea! A non loss.

Packers. Ugh.

Cowboys. Double Ugh.

@ Redskins. Triple Ugh

Seahawks. Nope

Redskins. Nope

I agree with most of the above, and that 3-13 is looking more and more likely, but I think you're selling them a little bit short.

They can beat MIN, who has the potential of laying an egg against anybody (see the Cleveland game), particularly on the road.

They will be favored against OAK. It's a long ways off, but they could also likely be favored against Washington (at home), depending on how the next month or so goes for both teams.

If there's one road venue in the NFL that doesn't particularly scare me, it's SD. The Chargers just seem to play to the level of their competition, regardless of whether or not they're at home. And, they seem to find a way to lose games they should win. I could see the Giants pulling off a surprise in that game, particularly if SD's season starts going south before that (and assuming that Eli starts to play better at some point). I don't know if it's quite 50/50, but I agree that they can win that game.

Within the division, anything can happen. The fact that Philly beat them easily the first time tells me one thing... the opposite is likely to happen the next time they meet. In other words, I've watched enough NFC East football over the years to know that nothing is surprising, especially when the division is fairly even in terms of talent. Home field means very little, in a lot of cases, when the teams know each other so well. Sure, Dallas has control of the division, and will likely win it (maybe easily). But, more often than not, the four teams beat up on each other, often taking games at each other's home venues. I could be wrong, but that's the way it has seemed over the years. I'd be surprised if the Giants don't win at least one divisional game this year, and if I had to put a number on it, I'd say they win two.

Bottom line... They're not as bad as their record indicates, in terms of what they could potentially be doing. They're just stinking up the joint lately, and running out of winnable games. Assuming they don't mail it in (and they continue to try to win every game), I'd put the over/under at 3.5 wins. 3-13 is likely, 2-14 or 4-12 are possible, and if they turn it around, they could very easily win 5-6 games. Regardless, they're probably looking at a top-ten pick, and likely top-five.

Nope. They are as bad as their record says. I have watched all 6 games. They looked like a turnover machine against Dallas, out played badly against Denver, crushed against Carolina and KC, fell apart against Philly (and a back up QB) and could not take advantage of a banged up Chicago defense.

I love the Giants - always have and always will. I wear my Giants sweatshirt so much that my neighbors wonder if I have any other clothes. But I have to call them like I see them - this is one of the worst non-strike Giants teams I have seen in forever. It is the perfect storm of poor line play on both sides of the ball, a horrendous secondary who can't cover a soul, a QB who is trying way too hard, a running game that was overvalued prior to the season, a horrible free agency (losing and gaining) and injuries. It happens. I won't scream the sky is falling now. But I will be concerned if they can't right the ship next season. I am not talking Super Bowl, but if we win 0-3 games this season, we should be able to get to 7-9 next season if everyone does their job. If not, then Reese should be nervous.

Edited by Wpob

Yeah, I get that they have played as bad as their record indicates... I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that they have guys on their roster (first and foremost Eli) who can play (and have played) much better than they are playing now. Some teams are 2-14 because they suck at pretty much every position, but win a couple of fluke games. The Giants aren't in that bad of shape... They have a QB with two rings, who is in his prime (in terms of age), decent to above-average WR's, and a good (at least on paper, or in theory) D-Line. Maybe they haven't played well, but there's talent at those positions, no?

They should beat Oakland (not a guarantee, by any means, but I think they'll be favored by well more than a field goal), and I'd give them a 50/50 chance of beating MIN and WAS at home (if those games were played today). I think they could very easily win one of the road games against PHI, SD, or WAS. So, yeah, 3 wins sounds about right, but I wouldn't be shocked if they turned things around and won six. Not sure that helps them in any way (they still don't sniff the playoffs), but I could see it happening.

Hypothetically....

MIN - Wouldn't shock me in the slightest... MIN almost blew the game against PIT (their only win), and I can guarantee they'll have a tougher time winning in NY, than they did playing in a dome in London.

@PHI - They had the lead in that game, in the 4th quarter, if I'm not mistaken. Vick may or may not be back, and honestly, who knows if him playing increases (or decreases) their chances. I'm not going to say 50/50, but I'd give the Giants a 30% chance of winning that game, regardless of who QB's the Eagles.

OAK - Let's just say, for the fun of it, that they right the ship (slightly) on their bye-week, and beat OAK handily (like they probably should, if they play to their potential).

GB - The Packers are obviously the better team. But, again, for argument's sake, let's say the Giants enter this game with a 3-game winning streak (or even having won 2 of their previous 3 games), and Clay Matthews is still out. I'd give them a fighter's chance, at home, given those circumstances. GB is certainly capable of putting up a stinker on the road.

DAL - It's the Cowboys and Giants. Anything can happen, and what you usually think will happen, normally doesn't. A lot can happen between now and then. The Giants might be 0-10, or they might be 3-7. Either way, they're not going to lay down for the Cowboys. You never know.

@WAS - Looking at their schedule, the Skins may very well be 2-9 or 3-8, going into this game. I'd be surprised if either team is favored by more than a field goal.

@SD - I already posted my thoughts on this, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with saying that any game is an automatic win for the Bolts. They tend to make things interesting, and have given away games in the past.

SEA - Probably the least likely game for the Giants to win, although Seattle on the road is a much tamer animal than they are with the 12th man.

@DET - Another game that the Giants are unlikely to win, but who knows... We're talking two months from now, basically. Detroit might be fighting for the playoffs, at that point, or they may have pissed their season down their leg.

WAS - If they played the Skins at home (in NY) today, I think they'd be favored. So, yeah, I think they have a better than 50% chance of winning this game, keeping in mind that a lot can change in 11 weeks.

Edited by Gopher

I wish I had your optimism Gopher. I really do. And I do not consider myself a glass empty guy. The giants DO have players (Eli first and foremost), but even if Peyton was back there, with the OL aging and not keeping Eli clean and a defense surrendering an obscene amount of points, I don't think Peyton would win many games. Eli is trying to carry the team but is failing (through no lack of effort). He should - he is the team leader. But when your best RB is Brandon freaking Jacobs - someone NOBODY wanted - and you have no TE, Randle is still a work in progress and Nciks is trying not to get hurt before his payday, it adds up to a long season. My % would be:

Minnesota - 40% chance to win.

@ Philadelphia - 20% chance to win

Oakland - 75% chance to win (more if Pryor is not the QB)

GB - 10% chance to win (and that is generous)

Dallas - 30% chance to win (only because of the rivalry)

@ Washington - 30% chance to win (less if RG III reverts back to 2012 RG III)

@ San Diego - 40% chance to win (although I am sure Rivers would want to run up the score on them)

Seattle - 20% chance to win (only because Seattle does not travel well to the East Coast)

@ Detroit - 20% chance to win (higher if Megatron is out. If in, he has a career day)

Washington - 30% to win

Could they turn it around and build off of the Chicago game? Sure. They need the OL to play that well every game - if not better - and for Eli to protect the ball. They also need a pass rush. I stand by my 3-13 prediction although I actually think it will be less.

I wish I had your optimism Gopher. I really do. And I do not consider myself a glass empty guy. The giants DO have players (Eli first and foremost), but even if Peyton was back there, with the OL aging and not keeping Eli clean and a defense surrendering an obscene amount of points, I don't think Peyton would win many games. Eli is trying to carry the team but is failing (through no lack of effort). He should - he is the team leader. But when your best RB is Brandon freaking Jacobs - someone NOBODY wanted - and you have no TE, Randle is still a work in progress and Nciks is trying not to get hurt before his payday, it adds up to a long season. My % would be:

Minnesota - 40% chance to win.

@ Philadelphia - 20% chance to win

Oakland - 75% chance to win (more if Pryor is not the QB)

GB - 10% chance to win (and that is generous)

Dallas - 30% chance to win (only because of the rivalry)

@ Washington - 30% chance to win (less if RG III reverts back to 2012 RG III)

@ San Diego - 40% chance to win (although I am sure Rivers would want to run up the score on them)

Seattle - 20% chance to win (only because Seattle does not travel well to the East Coast)

@ Detroit - 20% chance to win (higher if Megatron is out. If in, he has a career day)

Washington - 30% to win

Could they turn it around and build off of the Chicago game? Sure. They need the OL to play that well every game - if not better - and for Eli to protect the ball. They also need a pass rush. I stand by my 3-13 prediction although I actually think it will be less.

I pretty much agree with all of that, although I think I'd give them a slightly higher chance against MIN and WAS (both at home), assuming those are percentages if the teams played today. So, I think we're on the same page. My only point is that things can change quickly in the NFL. Take the Green Bay game, for example. The Giants could very well win their three games before facing the Pack. I'm not betting on it, but if they're going to win 3 or more games this year, it's somewhat likely that two of those wins come from MIN, OAK, and PHI.

Meanwhile, the Pack will have played six straight weeks, going into that game (while the Giants will be one week removed from their bye). So, if either team is more likely to be dinged up, going into Week 13, I'd lean towards the Packers being the walking wounded, not the Giants. Again, I'm not saying the Giants win that game. I'm just saying that what might seem like a 10% chance of winning now, might look more like 30-40% in six weeks. Particularly if the Giants win a couple, the Pack lose a couple, and the Packers have a key weapon or two that are out (Lacy, Matthews, Nelson, Burnett, etc.). Again, this is just hypothetical.

An 0-6 Giants team beating a 2-2 Packers team? Doesn't seem likely. But, if it's the 3-6 Giants against the 5-4 Pack, and Giants have the momentum (and home field), suddenly it's not a walk in the park for Green Bay.

I should correct myself on one thing that I said earlier. I stated that Dallas had control of the division... For some reason, I was thinking that they had a lead in the division, but that's not really the case. They're actually tied with Philly (but PHI has the tie-breaker currently, due to more division wins), and a half-game in front of WAS. The next two weeks should produce a front-runner in the East, although if they beat up on each other as usual, it might not create much separation.

I guess I was just thinking Dallas had the best record, because they've lost a couple of close games (all three to the AFC West), and the rest of the division has looked pretty pathetic so far.

I should correct myself on one thing that I said earlier. I stated that Dallas had control of the division... For some reason, I was thinking that they had a lead in the division, but that's not really the case. They're actually tied with Philly (but PHI has the tie-breaker currently, due to more division wins), and a half-game in front of WAS. The next two weeks should produce a front-runner in the East, although if they beat up on each other as usual, it might not create much separation.

I guess I was just thinking Dallas had the best record, because they've lost a couple of close games (all three to the AFC West), and the rest of the division has looked pretty pathetic so far.

If they won the rest of their games, DAL would win the division as they play the Eagles again. Same case with the Eagles

If they won the rest of their games, DAL would win the division as they play the Eagles again. Same case with the Eagles

That sounds like a trick question, even though it's not a question. :lol: Obviously, they both can't win out (since, like you said, they still play each other), although they could both win out with exception to the games in which they play each other (and split those two). Maybe I shouldn't have used the term "tie-breaker", but rather, that Philly has the "advantage" of having won 2 division games (whereas Dallas has only won one).