[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for a new host site with lots of customization options.

JShady

Hey guys looking for a little help finding a new website to host our league. There are a few changes I would like to make that I simply cannot do on yahoo's version. I run a 12 team H2H league. After each week in the regular season, I want to be able to add an additional win for the 6 teams that scored the most points and an additional loss to the 6 teams with the lowest points. Also I would like to make the playoffs so 4 teams get in and play 2 week long matchups during weeks 13-16. Live Scoring is a must, and mobile access is needed. Anyone know of a site that will allow the commish to do these things? ESPN? Free would be ideal...bunch of cheapskates in the league.

Thanks for any help

You won't find those options on any free site that I am aware of. Heck, most of the pay sites could have some difficulty accomodating that, but to echo the sentiments of keggerz and rocknrobn, MFL (myfantasyleague) can definitely handle those options.

You could see if rtsports can handle those options, I'm not positive if they can or not, but if anyone other than MFL can, they are the most likely candidate to be able to do it.

Has anyone played in league that played double headers each week?

Not each week but 3 DH weeks out of a 13 week regular season. It allows us to play each divisional team twice and all six teams from the other division once. CBS can handle this and I am almost positive MFL can, too.

ETA: our 3 DH weeks are on weeks there are no NFL teams on BYE

Edited by Delicious_bass

Hey guys looking for a little help finding a new website to host our league. There are a few changes I would like to make that I simply cannot do on yahoo's version. I run a 12 team H2H league. After each week in the regular season, I want to be able to add an additional win for the 6 teams that scored the most points and an additionalloss to the 6 teams with the lowest points. Also I would like to make the playoffs so 4 teams get in and play 2 week long matchups during weeks 13-16. Live Scoring is a must, and mobile access is needed. Anyone know of a site that will allow the commish to do these things? ESPN? Free would be ideal...bunch of cheapskates in the league.

Thanks for any help

So, if your point total for a week ranks 8th out of the 12 teams but you happened to play the team who ranked 10th, you'd get a win and a loss for that week? And if you have a great week but unluckily play the 1 team that scored more than your team, you'd get a win and a loss? :thinking:

So, if your point total for a week ranks 8th out of the 12 teams but you happened to play the team who ranked 10th, you'd get a win and a loss for that week? And if you have a great week but unluckily play the 1 team that scored more than your team, you'd get a win and a loss? :thinking:

Kind of a hybrid all-play league taking elements of H2H (luck of the matchup) and a total points league (reward for consistency). Interesting idea. I've heard of some stuff similar to this but never seen it implemented quite like this.

Ya you have got the gist of it. It should take out some of the "fantasy luck" factor while still maintaining head to head matchups.

Ya you have got the gist of it. It should take out some of the "fantasy luck" factor while still maintaining head to head matchups.

Interesting. I would be curious to see how the records would shake out after applying that for a season. If/when you put it in motion, please post the results here.

Thanks for all the input guys. I would love to go to MFL, but I can't convince the league to help pay for it. MFL also stated they don't currently support multi-week playoff matchups. So what I have decided to do is switch to espn, which does support multi-week playoff settings. I plan to manually support the 2 games per week idea, using the league message boards. I will just make an updated post every tuesday with the current standings. I will use the commish tools to set the proper playoff matchups. This seems to be the best I can pull off using the free hosting sites. The only draw back I see so far is not being able to use the actual league standings section.

@Delicious_bass

I will let you know how it shakes out.

Thanks for all the input guys. I would love to go to MFL, but I can't convince the league to help pay for it. MFL also stated they don't currently support multi-week playoff matchups. So what I have decided to do is switch to espn, which does support multi-week playoff settings. I plan to manually support the 2 games per week idea, using the league message boards. I will just make an updated post every tuesday with the current standings. I will use the commish tools to set the proper playoff matchups. This seems to be the best I can pull off using the free hosting sites. The only draw back I see so far is not being able to use the actual league standings section.

@Delicious_bass

I will let you know how it shakes out.

Just know you'll need to keep detailed record to not run into problems of people claiming manual errors and such.

Seems like your best choice though

Has anyone played in league that played double headers each week?

Yep. On RTSports.

I think that double headers every week is more fair than occasional double headers. Then you aren't subject to the randomness of bye weeks multiplied by the randomness of the league schedule to the power of the randomness of the NFL schedule.

Mathematically, this would be expressed: FF satisfaction = -(bye week randomness x matchup randomness)NFL SOS randomness