[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle dynasty rankings

Henry Muto

My bad I will refrain from referencing the rankings in the future as apparently no good fantasy owner would ever bother to use them.

Lock this thread up.

nah, most of us just don't get our panties wadded up when the published rankings rankings disagree with our opinions. And FWIW if I have teams that can win right now I'll take Peyton and Brees over pretty much everyone else for the next 2 years. If my team is ok but not solid I'd rather have Rogers or Luck for the next 4. Sure give me one of the guys who could toss 50 TDs THIS year if I want to win in 2014.

Dynasty is such a different beast than a redraft and so many different rules about contracts, how long you can keep the guys etc. I think most dyno rankings almost have to be done from the perspective of the next year or 2 not who will be best in 3-5 years

• Like 1

nah, most of us just don't get our panties wadded up when the published rankings rankings disagree with our opinions. And FWIW if I have teams that can win right now I'll take Peyton and Brees over pretty much everyone else for the next 2 years. If my team is ok but not solid I'd rather have Rogers or Luck for the next 4. Sure give me one of the guys who could toss 50 TDs THIS year if I want to win in 2014.

Dynasty is such a different beast than a redraft and so many different rules about contracts, how long you can keep the guys etc. I think most dyno rankings almost have to be done from the perspective of the next year or 2 not who will be best in 3-5 years

Dynasty ranking is tough. You're right, there can be different rules about contracts, etc.... but for the most part I think dynasty leagues operate pretty similar to one another.

Now, with respect to rankings.... I always set mine up - for my own purposes - for who would I rather have for the next 3 seasons. I apply a few different types of weights based on what particular team I'm looking up... for instance, you're going to rank players differently for a team you're trying to rebuild based on one that can "win now".

Perfect example, last year I gave up Russell Wilson who was still on DTS (so an open contract), Coby Fleener (who I didn't need since I had a good TE and a decent one on DTS) and a mid-round pick for Drew Brees with a 1 year deal and some RFA$. I was in win-now mode (and win I ended up doing) and was able to sacrifice young talent for proven studs, even though I knew I'd be paying for it a year later.... which is about to happen. :kicksrock:

Good thing you don't need a QB to win your league..... :unsure:

Edited by darin3

My bad I will refrain from referencing the rankings in the future as apparently no good fantasy owner would ever bother to use them.

Lock this thread up.

Dude you're taking this entire thing waaaaaay too personally. So not everyone agrees with your disagreement with the rankings posted here - big freaking deal. No need to take your ball and go home. Feel free to question rankings, but be prepared to have others feel free to question your questioning of the rankings. It's gonna happen, it's been going on here since day 1.

• Like 1

I actually prefer totally wrong rankings and appreciate it.

Far too many lazy owners rely on those rankings rather than doing their own home work, and it really lets me do my thing on draft day and get players in the later rounds that should have been long gone, or great deals in the early rounds, works both ways.

Technology and instant information has become a tool for the masses, and it has made a lazy fat society in my opinion. If there was an app for the IPHONE that actually would feed you, I imagine people would pay for it.

This is a simple game for the most part,, if you want to win money dont complain about irrelevant player values,, make it work to your advantage if you have half a brain and can marginally evaluate talent bd rankings play to your advantage come draft day.

Edited by typhus

I don't play in any dynasty leagues but have been following this thread. Seems that was what DMD explained in his first couple responses, that at least for him doing rankgins for dynasty the immediate future still has more weight, and apparently more than some think it should. Your last paragraph seems to back that up as a valid approach given all the unknowns of the many leagues.

As a non-subscriber, I don't know how the Huddle dynasty ranks are, but the best format I've seen is to have 4-10 staff/posters with their rankings in a comparable format. Sortable by poster and able to uncheck rankers you don't want compared. That way, people can choose the set that they agree with the most.

Some people will go 1st year heavy where old players still have a lot of value. Others go completely youthful and value potential over production. And then there's the area in between for people that fall in that range.

People want confirmations that their way is the best, give it to them. ;)

Make it happen.

I don't play in any dynasty leagues but I have noticed that I don't have a little star next to this thread topic so it means I haven't posted my valuble opinion on the subject even though, like I said, I don't play in dynasty leagues, So I will reiterate what was already said and validate that opinion. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

:tup:

• Like 1

I don't play in any dynasty leagues but have been following this thread. Seems that was what DMD explained in his first couple responses, that at least for him doing rankgins for dynasty the immediate future still has more weight, and apparently more than some think it should. Your last paragraph seems to back that up as a valid approach given all the unknowns of the many leagues.

It's always good to get the guy who doesn't play dynasty to add his opinion about dynasty rankings.

• Like 3