[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

truck Russell Wilson

Seahawks21

In some ways the Hawks are going to be punished for having Wilson on such a low paying rookie deal. Wilson is going to want as much as possible to give him financial security because he's been played so little relatively in the first four years of his career.

Wilson is flat out nuts!

He's getting really weird and its getting hard to defend and even like this guy anymore. Uncomfortable to say the least. Of course I will cheer and root for him on game day, but man...

Weber easily the best defenseman in the NHL?????? Zero Norris trophies...(leagues best defenseman trophy) PK Subban barely top 5 and won Norris last year???? Sorry but WTF?

That's a popularity contest, and seriously Weber hasn't won the Norris? I'd still say he's the best in the league, if you think pk is better you need to watch more hockey

AC Green was celibate for years and won world championships...I don't see the issue

I kind of admire the celibacy thing, as I think moral fiber in our country is pretty much gone. However, the whole "god spoke to me" thing, eh, I dunno. I'm not one to say that this kind of thing doesn't happen, but it can surprise some folks.

He's definitely got some small man's, and all this whiny tweeting he does is a bit ridiculous. I'm a less of a fan personally than 99% of the Seattle fans are, so the fact that he may not be the genuine awww shucks kid doesn't surprise me. He'll earn or lose my respect on the field, and to be honest, I think he's pretty overrated as a passer. Good leader and playmaker though.

I kind of admire the celibacy thing, as I think moral fiber in our country is pretty much gone.

Not that it is really important but do you really believe for a second that Wilson is living in celibacy?

Not that it is really important but do you really believe for a second that Wilson is living in celibacy?

No way!

AC Green was celibate for years and won world championships...I don't see the issue

Wasn't the celibacy thing at all for me, its the God talked to me speak and all the crazy interviewing, hes just getting weird....

Absolutely. I don't believe he would say it if it wasn't true. Not the type of guy to get caught up telling lies. He's a stubborn guy, and I can totally see him being this way. He isn't "cool." I personally think he may be homosexual, but he is definitely a different kind of cat, so this doesn't surprise me at all. We still have heard nothing about why his first marriage ended, but there was certainly a strange story there that hasn't been leaked as of yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Give him around 14 or 15 million per year now. And then after that defense falls apart, and beast mode retires, if seattle is still a contender restructure the deal and pay the man, make him retire a hawk.

• Like 1

And Bobby Wagner signed the day after. Mike Sando explains how the Hawks have an advantage, in the modern day salary cap era, because of how well their players outperform there draft position after rookie salaries are negotiable.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/13659/bobby-wagner-latest-seahawks-draft-pick-to-sign-extension

No discussion on this?

I thought it was interesting....under the new CBA, 3rd year players typically can only negotiate new contracts with the team that drafted them. It's a major twist on how things used to be. Every player and agent wants guaranteed financial security, and if you've outperformed your draft position; these players will most likely re-sign with the team that drafted them after Year 3 for below Year 4 projected values (when they could become unrestricted free agents). That is why and how Seattle has still kept their blue chip players on both sides of the ball. It's a benefit to teams that draft well, as it should be.

:shrug:

No discussion on this?

I thought it was interesting....under the new CBA, 3rd year players typically can only negotiate new contracts with the team that drafted them. It's a major twist on how things used to be. Every player and agent wants guaranteed financial security, and if you've outperformed your draft position; these players will most likely re-sign with the team that drafted them after Year 3 for below Year 4 projected values (when they could become unrestricted free agents). That is why and how Seattle has still kept their blue chip players on both sides of the ball. It's a benefit to teams that draft well, as it should be.

:shrug:

Most probably didn't get that angle, it wasn't really mentioned in your post but may have been in the aritcle you linked. I don't know about others but when I'm spending a short time (lunch) online I don't have time to click and read every link so I don't.

It does sound like an interesting discussion and reminds of some of what I've seen in the NBA this year following the Cavs off season moves and how since they will be over the salary cap they can more easily offer big contracts to their current players compared to signing a free agent to a similar contract.