[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J Charles down..

Shorttynaz

Well, this is going to test my coaching and GM ability. I have Stafford, Charles, Lynch, Cooks, Calvin and Graham (dynasty league). I figured I had a "set it and forget it" lineup.

Best laid plans.

Will drop to 3-2 this week. Will pick up West (have #1 waiver priority). As bummed out as I am, I am looking forward to seeing if I can finagle decent line ups from waivers and hunches and make a run for the playoffs.

But it would really help me out if Graham and Calvin started to play better.

So is it official that JC has the ACL?

my understanding is it has not been confirmed, yet, until an MRI, but highly probable (experienced trainers and doctors generally have a pretty good idea of what these injuries look/feel like from their initial examinations)...

What sucks even worse is drafting knile and thinking you are ok after seeing Charles go down only to find out that he doesnt look like the go to guy

my understanding is it has not been confirmed, yet, until an MRI, but highly probable (experienced trainers and doctors generally have a pretty good idea of what these injuries look/feel like from their initial examinations)...

Yep, that makes sense. I'll be shocked if it's not an ACL, but I am not cutting him loose until confirmation.

yes confirmed.

ESPN's Adam Teicher relays that coach Andy Reid confirmed after Sunday's loss to the Bears that the preliminary report he received indicates that Charles suffered a torn ACL in the contest.

Not actually "confirmed" yet. I am quite sure the ACL is the injury, but these are preliminary reports. Until the MRI I am not cutting him.

And what sucks even more are leagues that allow in-game pickups...missed out on West

I guess that ^ all depends upon your perspective...I only own Charles in one league (my primary, local keeper league), but was able to grab West in 4 of my 6 leagues, yesterday, upon hearing the unfortunate JC news...I missed out on West in another, and will likely not get him in the 6th as the claim period opens on Tuesday, and waiver priority is reversed based upon standings (and fortunately, or unfortunately in this case, after this week I'll be in either 1st or 2nd place, so will most likely miss the lotto in that league)...however, I now need to decide whether to cut Charles loose in my keeper league for 2016, or have him sit idle for the next 11 weeks, taking up a valuable roster space...

not perspective, but league rules....lol. In this day and age of mobility, I should've been more proactive but was at a beer bottle share and the only game on was the Browns game. We didn't hear about the injury until 45 minutes and several high-powered beers later. West was already scooped up by the time I one-eyed my league on my phone.

west may not even turn out to be the right pick-up, who knows? it could turn into a mess (RBBC), too...I had Charles handcuffed w/Davis since my draft, but dropped Davis for West, yesterday, based upon the current depth chart and speculation that West had overtaken Davis as the RB2...now, I'm reading they're both going to get a shot...that could just be "coach-speak" though...we'll see...

Edited by the outlaw

west may not even turn out to be the right pick-up, who knows? it could turn into a mess (RBBC), too...I had Charles handcuffed w/Davis since my draft, but dropped Davis for West, yesterday, based upon the current depth chart and speculation that West had overtaken Davis as the RB2...now, I'm reading they're both going to get a shot...that could just be "coach-speak" though...we'll see...

Reid said both will play,

The thing about Andy Reid's system is there are no "first down" situations. He sets up the run with the pass so his system is really effective only when the running back is a legit threat out of the backfield. Unless Davis' pass catching ability is on par with West, then West will get most of the work. I think the best youre going to get from Davis is 5-10 carries a game and some redzone work.

Considering Charles himself RARELY topped 20 carries, there just are not enough "traditional" carries in this offense for a split backfield.

Edited by kwolf68

looks like this may boil down to who has the final say, the coaching staff or front office...and, believe me I've seen this soap opera play out entirely too long w/RG3, although at least it appears to have finally run it's painful course here in DC...

KC (and fantasy owners) could be in for a mess, at least initially...

from Rotoworld, Oct 12 - 12:25 PM - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10006/charcandrick-west

Edited by the outlaw

rappaport lol. No taco, I could tell you he could have. Let's wait for the MRI...

You could have but he has more twitter followers, so his word counts more yes I was being sarcastic

What sucks even worse is drafting knile and thinking you are ok after seeing Charles go down only to find out that he doesnt look like the go to guy

Davis owner in our league apparently didn't notice he wasn't involved since week 2 either. 0 carriers and 0 receptions weeks 3 & 4. I was just reading a bit on Davis and see he didn't even see the field on offense in week 4, that doesn't sound like the backup RB.

Not owning either guy I hadn't noticed this either. Wet is a FA so he'll get some consideration for my waiver move this week.

This sucks.

And what sucks even more are leagues that allow in-game pickups...missed out on West

How does that work, are they allowed to cut a player on their roster who didn't play yet? Or did they have an empty roster slot to fill?

Agree in game pickups suck.

I have a feeling this will be a backfield of fantasy hell

If West can do the job Reid will stick with him as he is conducive to Reid's system. However, Davis is a capable RB and when given the chance to play has done quite well. Nothing is more frustrating than the BS going on in Denver or Washington right now and I'd hate to see this situation become like those.

Add Ben Tate to the mix. He's working out for them today, not yet signed - but I heard on the radio this morning that they're expected to sign him..

yeah, because he's been stellar everywhere else he's played... :rofl:

it's almost like these teams have a box of extra jerseys numbered 20 - 40 laying around, so they'll bring anyone in to fill 'em... LOL

Add Ben Tate to the mix. He's working out for them today, not yet signed - but I heard on the radio this morning that they're expected to sign him..

LOL. Tate will be a total non-factor unless both West and Davis go down. Those are two pretty good RBs...Tate didn't even have a job. He's bench fodder, nothing more or less.

Edited by kwolf68

You could have but he has more twitter followers, so his word counts more yes I was being sarcastic

Davis owner in our league apparently didn't notice he wasn't involved since week 2 either. 0 carriers and 0 receptions weeks 3 & 4. I was just reading a bit on Davis and see he didn't even see the field on offense in week 4, that doesn't sound like the backup RB.

Not owning either guy I hadn't noticed this either. Wet is a FA so he'll get some consideration for my waiver move this week.

How does that work, are they allowed to cut a player on their roster who didn't play yet? Or did they have an empty roster slot to fill?

Agree in game pickups suck.

in my work league, dude dropped a player that wasn't in his starting lineup

In 32 Homers, the Jets were on bye.

Nothing more than a depth move, they don't have a 3rd string RB right now.

• Like 1