[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Knile Davis traded to Packers

michaelredd9

Chiefs trade Knile Davis to RB-needy Packers

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/345206/chiefs-trade-knile-davis-to-rb-needy-packers?ls=roto:GB:topheadlines

Packers acquired RB Knile Davis from the Chiefs for a conditional late-round pick.

The pick is likely contingent on playing time. With James Starks out a month, the Packers needed some depth behind banged-up starter Eddie Lacy. Davis is unlikely to be ready to contribute Thursday night, meaning Ty Montgomery should once again see plenty of snaps in the backfield. Davis is not worth adding in anything but very deep leagues. He is not very good, and Lacy should only get healthier.
Oct 18 - 8:22 AM

Should be interesting, depending on how the Pack use him. He can do kickoff returns as well, so depending on how Lacey is feeling will impact how much production Davis has.

But I'm sure he'll still be a priority pickup in many leagues

I picked up both Davis and Don Jackson, who's been practicing with the team, knows the offense (and more importantly, the protections), and is going to be called up from the practice squad soon.

• Like 1

Starks is on the wrong side of 30, and the Packers have looked different (better) in the couple of games with Montgomery in there. I think saying full time back as a ceiling is wishful thinking. So long as he is cleared to play, Montgomery will be a big part of the game plan. Perhaps Starks gets goal line work so he has TD upside.

I cut him last week, surprised he didn't have 100yards + TD.

Watched the game, he didn't do squat and both Rodgers and FB RIpkowski had more carries and yards.

Yeah, that's what I saw. The funny thing is the coach said he would be the lead back. I have him on 3 teams. They must know something to cut Davis AND Ty is injured AND Cobb is injured AND there are no other healthy backs on the team.

• Like 1

At this point, I wouldn't want to own any Packer RB, Starks included.

Starks has a lot of value for a fantasy team not strong at running back. The team has faith in him. He has played with Aaron Rodgers for 7 years. Montgomery is just a gadget player and can't carry a big load, if any load. They just gave Starks a contract for $6million/2 years this last offseason which is big money at the running back position in today's NFL. He will be given the opportunity to be the featured back. Even if he plays mediocrely, he will get 8-12 carries per game with a couple of receptions. At a minimum, he should be rostered from now until Sunday in case Ty Montgomery gets put on I.R. later this week.

Yeah, that's what I saw. The funny thing is the coach said he would be the lead back. I have him on 3 teams. They must know something to cut Davis AND Ty is injured AND Cobb is injured AND there are no other healthy backs on the team.

I can't imagine Ty isnt a full go this wk with the news of Knile being cut, but who knows really
  • Like 1