[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carl Peterson strikes again

muck

Chiefs | Fifth-round Pick Sent to Titans for Hall - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:56:19 -0700

Updating previous reports, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Kansas City Chiefs sent a fifth-round draft choice in 2005 to the Tennessee Titans for DE Carlos Hall.

Chiefs | Looking Long-term with Hall - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:56:35 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Kansas City Chiefs will work on signing DE Carlos Hall to a long-term deal after he signs his one-year, $656,000 tender offer.

The guy's only had 5.5 sacks the last 2 years combined. By the numbers he's been nothing special since his good rookie year (which I guess explains why he's only worth a 5th rounder). I've only seen him play a handful of times though, so maybe there's something the numbers don't show.

What a stupid trade.  What are the Titans doing?

768430[/snapback]

"Tennessee sent defensive end Carlos Hall to Kansas City for a fifth-round pick in the 2005 draft appears to be a win-win situation. A restricted free agent, Hall had worn out his welcome with the Titans, who made him the low-level qualifying offer back in March to retain a right of first refusal. Tennessee coaches felt that Hall, who posted eight sacks as a rookie in 2002, while filling in for the injured Jevon Kearse, drew too many penalties and was undisciplined. And he had collected just 5 ½ sacks (and more personal foul flags than that) in the past two seasons."

ESPN - Len Pastabelly

I guess Tennessee felt it was better to get something for him this year (5th rounder), than to get zilch next year. Judging from the above, they sure weren't going to resign him next year. Not with the type of contract he'd likely demand as an UFA.

So are the Chiefs ever going to get a #1WR? Do they look to draft someone in the 1st round or are they going to go D? Kevin Johnson would be a nice signing but they still seem to let every year pass by without getting a sloid WR on board.

772482[/snapback]

They will go D in the first round. You have to keep in mind: they have put up the good offensive numbers without a true number one. Their defensive needs are WAY more pressing than a top level WR.

I figured they would go D in round #1 and I am curious as to what they have done the past few drafts early on? It just seems to me that they have had a bad D and no WRs for the past 3 or 4 years and even though the O still performs well above average it just seems that they could find someone to help ease the pressure off Gonzales and Priest. Has it been bad drafts? As a Lions fan I am always wondering how other teams have fared with thier early picks as only recently have the Lions had a little better luck with thiers.

1) Maybe Gunther Cunningham (former defensive coach at TEN) saw something he'd like to try to resurrect...

2) KC lost draft picks when they signed Vermeil and Trent Green (I think the QB was worth it, not so sure about the coach).

3) Sylvester Morris and Junior Siavii were two examples of KCs first picks (Morris was a first rounder and Siavii was a 2nd rounder b/c KC traded out of round 1 last year). Oh yeah, and we traded UP to get Ryan Sims.

As a Lions fan I am always wondering how other teams have fared with thier early picks as only recently have the Lions had a little better luck with thiers.

772546[/snapback]

Well, up until Millen took over, the Lions were picking in the late teens and early twenties. One should expect better luck when you're picking in the top ten.

"Tennessee sent defensive end Carlos Hall to Kansas City for a fifth-round pick in the 2005 draft appears to be a win-win situation. A restricted free agent, Hall had worn out his welcome with the Titans, who made him the low-level qualifying offer back in March to retain a right of first refusal. Tennessee coaches felt that Hall, who posted eight sacks as a rookie in 2002, while filling in for the injured Jevon Kearse, drew too many penalties and was undisciplined. And he had collected just 5 ½ sacks (and more personal foul flags than that) in the past two seasons."

ESPN - Len Pastabelly

I guess Tennessee felt it was better to get something for him this year (5th rounder), than to get zilch next year. Judging from the above, they sure weren't going to resign him next year. Not with the type of contract he'd likely demand as an UFA.

772430[/snapback]

Yeah, yeah, yeah. They say all that now after they traded him for nothing. All I know is they got rid of yet another starter for a fifth round pick who will most likely barely make an impact. Sounds like a lose-lose situation to me.