[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Answer me this?

GRIDIRON JUNKY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody seems to be forgetting the odd man out- David Kircus.  They already have a legit #3 that can fill in when Rogers gets hurt in the first or second game!

777827[/snapback]

I like Kircus, and I think he has potential, but his play to this point has been less than stellar. He's straddling the line of not making the team, not cracking the starting lineup.

This draft is getting very interesting. We are all talking about Edwards as a possibility, but what about Mike Williams if he falls? I love this guy's hands and size and his ability to make a play on the ball. I know WR isn't a need, but it would be awfully hard to pass on this guy at 10.

I have researched Barron in the last few days and he seems to be a boom or bust guy. Great measurables, but not sure he has the desire it takes to block play in and play out.

It has been a while since the Lions could afford to take the best player available because their needs have been pretty glaring. At this point, I would like the Lions to sit at 10 and take what falls to them. I have my fingers crossed for Rolle, DJ or Williams.

From what I understand, Rogers' rehab is progressing just fine, but the Lions are progressing from here on out as if he does not exist.  They are looking at Roy as a rock-solid stud, and nobody else on the roster is worthwhile. 

From what I hear, Antrell Rolle is currently the top target...

Peace

policy

770907[/snapback]

I have a couple of questions for policy (or any other Lions homer):

1. If Chuck's rehab is going well, why would they treat him like "he does not exist"? Do they really think the two collarbone fractures indicate he won't ever be healthy? Did he have any injury issues prior to being drafted?

2. I'm surprised to hear they're so interested in Rolle. What was the general concensus on Fernando Bryant (or Bly, for that matter) last year? Would they really take him out of the starting lineup?

1. If Chuck's rehab is going well, why would they treat him like "he does not exist"? Do they really think the two collarbone fractures indicate he won't ever be healthy? Did he have any injury issues prior to being drafted?

2. I'm surprised to hear they're so interested in Rolle. What was the general concensus on Fernando Bryant (or Bly, for that matter) last year? Would they really take him out of the starting lineup?

778119[/snapback]

From what I have read, they feel that they need depth at CB. The Lions are finally at the point where they do not have a ton of holes like in the past so they want to fill a position that has been a sore spot for team depth for a long time. They feel that Rolle could come in during the Nickel package and learn from Bly and Bryant and get good experience to become the future CB they need.

Edited by BigTen

778119[/snapback]

1. Well, by the end of preseason last year, Chuck had put on muscle, was looking faster than ever, and had taken several direct hits to that shoulder. He looked graet in the preseason games, everyone thought it was 100%, and everything would be okay. Then, the *first time* he goes to catch a live ball, the collarbone shatters again. Now, the first time they'd allowed it to heal naturally, and the second time they put pins and plates in ("fixed it the right way", as Mooch said). He is lifting and running now, and has apparently packed on 15 pounds of pure muscle. However, at this point who's to say that the collarbone is guaranteed to hold up? They thought it was fine last time, too . . . He didn't have any major injuries prior to being drafted, though he did have a bit of an internal reputation for sitting out of practice with minor dings.

2. Bly they know is a stud, but Bryant last year showed very little (when he was even on the field). Bryant had a pretty decent track record prior to last year, so they're assuming he'll bounce back, but the Lions have had at least one starting CB, and usually several CBs, go down with injury every year for the past, oh, seven or eight years running. Basically you can't have enough talent at CB. Modern NFL teams play a lot of nickel, and if Rolle outplays Bryant . . . then so be it. Last year, the Lions were pretty much permanently limited to deep soft zones because they had no healthy depth, and it was the main reason the defense wasn't more effective.

Peace

policy

So would spain if he wasn't off somewhere with a couple of his favorite sheep.

778103[/snapback]

Nah, I think spain knows his team will only have a fraction of the wins that the Lions will this year, so he's not sticking his neck out too far.

This draft is getting very interesting. We are all talking about Edwards as a possibility, but what about Mike Williams if he falls? I love this guy's hands and size and his ability to make a play on the ball. I know WR isn't a need, but it would be awfully hard to pass on this guy at 10.

I have researched Barron in the last few days and he seems to be a boom or bust guy. Great measurables, but not sure he has the desire it takes to block play in and play out.

It has been a while since the Lions could afford to take the best player available because their needs have been pretty glaring. At this point, I would like the Lions to sit at 10 and take what falls to them. I have my fingers crossed for Rolle, DJ or Williams.

778007[/snapback]

I repeat my threat. If the Lions draft a WR at 10, I will lock Millen in Ford Field and set it ablaze.