[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dark Knight

godtomsatan

You heard that the Riddler is going to be in the third installment?

I don't think you need to convince anyone as it's not that much of a stretch.

I'd prefer it to be a villian that wasn't in the Keaton/Kilmer/Cloney movies, but whatever.

I'd love to see Clayface brought to life, but I am not sure how they would bring him into this semi-realistic world that they have created.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Thews? (per his MH photo)

Thews? He told me his name was Robin and he'd never leave me. :wacko:

I still say the next movie should be Batman and Thews fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger. However, the Republicans always win so I don't know how the script will be written.

Edited by TimC

Hoffman would make a good Penguin, if they must go that route... to me, the Penguin is a waste of time.

Nolan had already said after Batman Begins that he wasn't interested in the Penguin.

I admit I'm not the biggest Batman fan...but Heath as Joker blew Jack Nicholson's out the water (and I'm a hugh Nicholson fan). However, his role was about the only great thing about the movie. Christian Bale is still stiff and wooden, Maggie Gyllenhaal cannot pull off a role of this magnitude, the others (Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine) were excellent, but not in the movie long enough. However, I must save the worst critique for Aaron Eckhart in his Harvey Dent/Two Face role -- he was extremely uninspiring. It may have been because Heath absolutely stole the movie. Excellent job by him and not because he's dead. It was definitely above average, but not as good as Ironman IMO.

Definitely worth a see, however.

werd - agree for the most part. Joker mader the movie, and was one of the best characters in movie I have ever seen.

I thought Gyllenhall was horribly mis-cast. I like Bale but found myself getting tired of his over-the-top Batman voice/growl.........

pretty good flick, not great, and certainly not worth the hype. It was a half-hour too long, and the last half just didn't feel right to me- the first and second halfs were disjointed.

for a 2.5 hour movie to be damn good- it needs to not FEEL long- this one did - next

someone would need to pay me some cash money to sit thru that flick a 2nd time

Is this movie ok for a 8 year old girl? Daughter wants to go, but I thought I would ask for your opinions. I originally said no to her. She sat thru I am Legend with her hands over her eyes a lot...

Just wondering.

TIA...

I would strongly suggest not. There are two very intense scenes of the Joker killing people, plus the effects on Two-Face are pretty creepy. I don't have kids, but I would say not for anyone 12 or under, boy or girl.

Is this movie ok for a 8 year old girl? Daughter wants to go, but I thought I would ask for your opinions. I originally said no to her. She sat thru I am Legend with her hands over her eyes a lot...

Just wondering.

TIA...

this is far darker than i am legend. no reason to take her to this ...

werd - agree for the most part. Joker mader the movie, and was one of the best characters in movie I have ever seen.

I thought Gyllenhall was horribly mis-cast. I like Bale but found myself getting tired of his over-the-top Batman voice/growl.........

pretty good flick, not great, and certainly not worth the hype. It was a half-hour too long, and the last half just didn't feel right to me- the first and second halfs were disjointed.

for a 2.5 hour movie to be damn good- it needs to not FEEL long- this one did - next

someone would need to pay me some cash money to sit thru that flick a 2nd time

I agree with some of this, though I really liked the movie. I thought Begins was better, though. I really enjoyed the backstory, and I really liked the League of Shadows as "realistic" villains. That's to take nothing away from Ledger's Joker; the pencil scene might just be the best introduction of a character that I've seen in a while.

While I don't agree that the movie didn't live up to its hype (I was super geeked about this and don't feel let down at all), I will agree that it was too long by about 30 minutes. The movie flew by, but that last half hour with two-face seemed forced. Just my opinion.

I agree with some of this, though I really liked the movie. I thought Begins was better, though. I really enjoyed the backstory, and I really liked the League of Shadows as "realistic" villains. That's to take nothing away from Ledger's Joker; the pencil scene might just be the best introduction of a character that I've seen in a while.

While I don't agree that the movie didn't live up to its hype (I was super geeked about this and don't feel let down at all), I will agree that it was too long by about 30 minutes. The movie flew by, but that last half hour with two-face seemed forced. Just my opinion.

TDK wasn't "the best movie ever" and I liked Batman Begins a lot, but I thought TDK was far and away the better movie of the two. You go the orgins out of the way and really focused on the issues of the characters and city. I dug that.

my wife and i saw it tonight. we both loved it. funny, i didn't think it was long at all, and that was even with a bladder that filled up halfway through the movie.

EASILY the best superhero movie I have ever seen. I've seen them all- most suck, a bunch are really good and few are great. This movie was fantastic, from Lumberg getting it at the bank to Jokers magic trick to the mis-directed internet leak "death" of a major character, I loved every minute with an amazing ending. I'm going to see this one again in the theater, a rarity for me, but I must see this spectacle on a large screen one more time.

lumberg was gary cole. the guy in the movie was william fichtner.

I agree with you. I threw out 10 as the absolute youngest.

I was regularly distracted by the 2yo sitting in front of us. While he didn't watch most of the movie, he was looking at the screen during particularly disturbing scenes.

i wouldn't take anyone younger than 11 or 12. but then again, i've been to theaters where parents are dragging strollers up the auditorium steps for 10 pm R-rated movies, so what do i know?

Pretty close to my own review.

Ledger was indeed superb in the film. :D :D The pencil scene became an instant favorite. :D

My wife also loved the film, mostly because of Ledger and the plot twist with Gordon.

Gyllenhall was horrilbe and the only real let down in this movie. Can't act/not hot is a bad combo for that role. :wacko:

3.5 out of 4 stars.

I will be taking my 11 year-old-son to this show with my only hesitation being the scene SPOILER ALERT where the Joker cuts the big black dude.

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

Just wondering.

TIA...

I took my 7yr old son. No problema.

He knows it's not real. Some of the responses I read previous to my reply seem a little overly-protective to me. To each their own though I guess.

I took my 7yr old son. No problema.

He knows it's not real. Some of the responses I read previous to my reply seem a little overly-protective to me. To each their own though I guess.

Yes I agree. But in the case of my daughter I am glad I did not take her.