Sign in to follow this  
cre8tiff

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

Wasn't Lafayette

attacked in the last episode and then Bill said that he "fed"? Seems like they tried to link the two events, but I have doubts.

Yes,

they did structure that in a way that seemed to suggest Bill was involved. Also, the nailpolish on the toes of the body in the car match Layfayette's polish he been seen applying in several episodes, but they fell short of saying the body is Lafayette's. Do you want me to go further?

Am I missing something, I thought the season was over?

The season is over but the series isnt over. Is it ? Was it a 1 season show :wacko:

The season is over but the series isnt over. Is it ? Was it a 1 season show :wacko:

No.

I believe they've already signed the contracts for season 2.

No.

I believe they've already signed the contracts for season 2.

:wacko:

So I have seen them all now. I enjoyed season 1 bigtime. A question and a comment

Why was Lafayette so mad at the senator ? Is it just because he was being hypocritical ?

Another comment is what do you think of the actor that plays Eric the vampire sherrif of there territory ? I cant make up my mind on him. Sometimes I think he carrys the charector and sometimes I think he is weak.

Also do they ever reveal how the woman that took in Tara knows Sam ? What do you think that womans motive is ?

Edited by whomper

Lafayette was also mad cuz the dude was on a path to discriminate against anyone who's lifestyle was non-christian and that included homosexuals.

I like the Sheriff and think the acting is good, but he's also not in the show much and so hasn't had the chance to develop the character like some of the other actors.

No revelations in the show, but I'm guessing that she's a supernatural creature also cuz Sam seemed rather freaked out and frightened of her. A witch perhaps?

Lafayette was also mad cuz the dude was on a path to discriminate against anyone who's lifestyle was non-christian and that included homosexuals.

I like the Sheriff and think the acting is good, but he's also not in the show much and so hasn't had the chance to develop the character like some of the other actors.

No revelations in the show, but I'm guessing that she's a supernatural creature also cuz Sam seemed rather freaked out and frightened of her. A witch perhaps?

yeah. She is supernatural. She was the woman in the road when tara was driving drunk. They also have a scene in the finale that she is sitting in a field and her face is vibrating like the vampires do sometimes

Just watched the finale again. I would say its no doubt Lafayette in the car because as someone mentioned the red nail polish. The woman , mary ann, who took in sara seems supernatural and has a history somehow with Sam but she isnt a vampire because there are scenes with her in the daylight

Just watched the finale again. I would say its no doubt Lafayette in the car because as someone mentioned the red nail polish. The woman , mary ann, who took in sara seems supernatural and has a history somehow with Sam but she isnt a vampire because there are scenes with her in the daylight

I agree that it is Lafayette in the car. The nail polish was a good call and one that I don't think that I would have caught if you guys didn't point it out.

Mary Ann is going to turn out to be a Werewolf, I think. Remember at one point that Sam is telling Sookie that there are all sorts of other creatures that she doesn't know about? He also got very offended at Sookie suggesting that he was maybe a werewolf of something like that.

Edited by Skippy

Lafayette's attack...

They made it seem like he's dead as well as attacked by Bill. But I'm pretty sure it's the politician dude behind it. I hope he's not dead since he's one of the few characters and actors on the show that really add depth. Maybe he was attacked and kidnapped by the politician since the guy probably loves him.

I think they are trying to trick us with the idea that Bill just fed and now Lafayette was attacked and likely the body in the car. I know that Bill said that he just fed but I really don't think it was him that did in Lafayette. It looked to me like Lafayette was attacked from down low. That still keeps me thinking that it was Mary Ann being a werewolf. However, there is Jessica, (that is the Red head that Bill turned right?), to consider as she just wants to eat someone in the worst way.

Question: Does Bill feeding really mean that he has to have killed someone? I don't think so as he fed on Sookie once didn't he? There is also the angle that Bill might have fed on the Senator based on his outspoken anti vampire comments. It seems to me that they try to keep Bill as a good vampire so I don't see him just offing someone without a good motive or at least feeling like it is a person that deserves to be fed on.

And do we need to keep speaking in spoiler at this point?

And do we need to keep speaking in spoiler at this point?

I don't think so. And I'm not going to, but just in case, SPOILER ALERT:

On Tara's caretaker (Mary Ann):

My first inclination was that she is a demon. Remember, Tara had the exorcism but then was led to believe that it was fake. But what if it was real and the demon has taken steps to convince Tara that it was fake. The demon could be a "shape shifter" (like Sam) and maybe pretended to be the exocist in the drug store. Isn't there a quote in demon/devil folklore that the devils greatest attribute is the fact that people don't believe that the devil exists (see the movie Usual Suspects-Kobayasi)......?

She is definitely not human as I also recall the scene in the yard where she was shaking. Plus the fact that she just appeared naked on the road when Tara was driving is very unusual. I think she will be a major character in Season 2. Her being a werewolf could be a real good call.

On Layfayette:

The writers want us to think Layfayette is dead, but its really wide-open and I expect his attack was not random. It could have something to do with the fact that he was dealing V, or that he had a relationship with the vampire that Jason's girl killed. Remember that the vampire sherrif said that Vampires know when a human has done a Vampire wrong, and they always get their revenge.

On Bill's "feeding":

So maybe he fed off of Layfayete, but regardless, I think he feed off of a human and I think it is forshadowing that Tru Blood drink is really not sufficient for vampires to survive on in the long-term. When Jason and his girl had the vampire in their basement, she noted that his blood was cloting and I think that was attributed to the fact that he was drinking that Tru Blood that Jason was sneaking to him.

Skippy - we know that Bill has fed off of humans, but to your point, his murders were based on motivations for revenge against bad people (i.e. Sookie's great uncle and the couple that drained his blood and attached Sookie).

Other thoughts:

- The redhead vamp is trouble and I can definitely see her feeding off of locals in Bawnton. I could even see her being stupid enough to go after Sookie at some point out of jealousy or anger towards Bill.

- I love the name "Sookie".

Excited for season 2 in Summer 2009.

Excited for season 2 in Summer 2009.

three weeks away!

The following SPOILER is about the BOOKS!

I'm on book six, so you've been warned if you're waiting for the TV show to unfold.

So in, I think, book four, Sookie found another telepath... the bell-boy in the Dallas hotel. When she was trapped in the Fellowship's basement, she actuall sent a telepathic message to him miles away to call for help. They had a full dialog even tho, at 18 yo, he had the skill that she did when she was 12yo.

ok, cool.

She can't read vamps or weres regularly. She'll get emotions and a few words randomly, expect when they think a thought directly at her.

neat.

How come she isn't actually trying to develop her skill?

I respect the author's self-control to not quickly make her into a superhero, but come on. After mind reading comes directing messages to another's mind. At first, the message would be pretty obvious, but eventually, she could send messages subliminatlly to convince people to do her bidding.

She should already be on her way to being to "glamour" people like vamps can. Don't ya think?

There's no way that the TV show goes six seasons before she develops "powers".

What I'm getting at is, in "Definitely Dead", she walks into a werewolf bar with Quinn, the weretiger -- why aren't weretigers more powerful? -- and there's a spell on the building that actually holds her back. The spell is just attacking her mind. Why can't she just overcome it since it was designed for standard humans? That's where I'm at right now in the books.

three weeks away!

The following SPOILER is about the BOOKS!

I'm on book six, so you've been warned if you're waiting for the TV show to unfold.

So in, I think, book four, Sookie found another telepath... the bell-boy in the Dallas hotel. When she was trapped in the Fellowship's basement, she actuall sent a telepathic message to him miles away to call for help. They had a full dialog even tho, at 18 yo, he had the skill that she did when she was 12yo.

ok, cool.

She can't read vamps or weres regularly. She'll get emotions and a few words randomly, expect when they think a thought directly at her.

neat.

How come she isn't actually trying to develop her skill?

I respect the author's self-control to not quickly make her into a superhero, but come on. After mind reading comes directing messages to another's mind. At first, the message would be pretty obvious, but eventually, she could send messages subliminatlly to convince people to do her bidding.

She should already be on her way to being to "glamour" people like vamps can. Don't ya think?

There's no way that the TV show goes six seasons before she develops "powers".

What I'm getting at is, in "Definitely Dead", she walks into a werewolf bar with Quinn, the weretiger -- why aren't weretigers more powerful? -- and there's a spell on the building that actually holds her back. The spell is just attacking her mind. Why can't she just overcome it since it was designed for standard humans? That's where I'm at right now in the books.

Are the books good?

Are the books good?

I like 'em. Less romance than you might think. Books are pretty focused on the main characters, but develops the secondary characters well enough. The lead is a woman, but she's a real person, not some idiot always snapping high heels or so tough that it's unrealistic. I's not identical to the TV show.

it's very much a modern day setting of vamps who've come out into open society and one woman who's a telepath that can ignore a vampire's "glamour" so she's in control of her own actions and often, humorously, tells vamps to go fook themselves, politely. Other creatures start showing up.

three weeks away!

Great... I guess I shouldn't have told my wife that I cancelled HBO today, then. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and watch it on DVD when it comes out, like we do Dexter. I actually prefer to watch TV shows by the season now... things seem to flow more smoothly, and you don't forget anything from the previous episode. Nothing like burning through an entire season of a show in a weekend... I'm working through the first season of Friday Night Lights right now. :wacko:

Great... I guess I shouldn't have told my wife that I cancelled HBO today, then. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and watch it on DVD when it comes out, like we do Dexter. I actually prefer to watch TV shows by the season now... things seem to flow more smoothly, and you don't forget anything from the previous episode. Nothing like burning through an entire season of a show in a weekend... I'm working through the first season of Friday Night Lights right now. :wacko:

We saw season 1 & 2 of Weeds in a two-week period. Yeah, it's more fun that way.

Maybe we can pull an NFLN and demand HBO on basic cable?

We saw season 1 & 2 of Weeds in a two-week period. Yeah, it's more fun that way.

Maybe we can pull an NFLN and demand HBO on basic cable?

I agree, I watched BSG on plane rides over the course of last year. It was great! :wacko:

I agree, I watched BSG on plane rides over the course of last year. It was great! :D

it might've been great, but... Starbuck's a girl?! That's as far as I got :wacko:

:wacko: Cant wait. I love this show Edited by whomper

I liked the changes from the book.

Why's that?

I'm not sure I like how Eric is being protrayed last night. Sure, he's a vicious killer, but that dungeon seems more evil than top-of-food-chain-predator. I can see them wanting to exract info from the guy that killed the other vamps, but Lafayette didn't do anything wrong. Sure, he sells vamp blood, but he gets it from willing vamps. Unless they think he killed the "red stapler guy from Office Space"?

I am glad that they seem to be developing Sam's character sooner than book eight.

watched the first couple episodes of season one on bluray this weekend, and I have to say it's kinda weak to me. just trying way too hard to be hip and edgy. some interesting storylines though, I'll probably keep the discs for the rest of the season coming. and anna pacquin is pretty damn cute.

watched the first couple episodes of season one on bluray this weekend, and I have to say it's kinda weak to me. just trying way too hard to be hip and edgy. some interesting storylines though, I'll probably keep the discs for the rest of the season coming. and anna pacquin is pretty damn cute.

Boobs and violence.

BOOBS AND VIOLENCE!

Why's that?

I'm not sure I like how Eric is being protrayed last night. Sure, he's a vicious killer, but that dungeon seems more evil than top-of-food-chain-predator. I can see them wanting to exract info from the guy that killed the other vamps, but Lafayette didn't do anything wrong. Sure, he sells vamp blood, but he gets it from willing vamps. Unless they think he killed the "red stapler guy from Office Space"?

I am glad that they seem to be developing Sam's character sooner than book eight.

I like the books better. I read the first 8 books in about a week. I'd like to get Dead and Gone, but will wait until it comes out in paper back. Still, I like the HBO series as well.