[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Tex goes to the Evil Empire

darin3

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa is still better than NY even with all this spending,

Do you really believe this? -

NY:

Damon

Jeter

Tex

ARod

Matsui

Nady

Swisher

Posada

Cano

CC

Wang

Joba

Burnett

Hughes

Rivera

TB:

Crawford

Upton

Pena

Longoria

Floyd

Iwamura

Bartlett

Navarro

Ruggiano

Kazmir

Shields

Garza

Jackson

Price

Percival

NY:

Damon

Jeter

Tex

ARod

Matsui

Nady

Swisher<----Insert Manny here

Posada

Cano

CC

Wang

Joba

Burnett

Hughes

Rivera

TB:

Crawford

Upton

Pena

Longoria

Floyd

Iwamura

Bartlett

Navarro

Ruggiano

Kazmir

Shields

Garza

Jackson

Price

Percival

Edited by tazinib1

NY:

Damon

Jeter

Tex

ARod

Matsui

Nady

Swisher

Posada

Cano

CC

Wang

Joba

Burnett

Hughes

Rivera

TB:

Crawford

Upton

Pena

Longoria

Floyd

Iwamura

Bartlett

Navarro

Ruggiano

Kazmir

Shields

Garza

Jackson

Price

Percival

Games arent won on paper. Would you have thought TB would be in the WS last yr, no. But Price imo is going to be a stud, and Burnett is a joke. Dude will be hurt all year. And trust me Tex will break your heart like Arod. Dude is good when it doesnt matter. Id take TB in a heartbeat if both teams stay healthy. Difference is NY can absorb multiple injuries because they will just buy someone else, while TB cant afford an injury.

NY makes me sick on so many levels. Their fans are a complete joke, they could care less about anyone else. Most selfish POS people on the planet, and they throw out excuses like we havent won, so what does it hurt. Parity this and parity that. There isnt parity because of NY, NY steals anyone they want with the all mighty dollar, and if there was a salary cap, and complete shared revenue like football, they wouldnt be able to compete with anyone, and would be like the auto industry after over spending while they only made what everyone else made. Can you imagine if NYY ever applied for bankrputcy protection.If there was a cap and complete shared revenue that is what you would have with this poorly run franchise. But because Bud is such a spineless POS, and allows this to continue to happen its a disgrace to the game. NY and their fans are the biggest joke in sports. They are the Washington Redskins of a few years ago, problem is the salary cap made Washington stop their insanity, while NY has no one to keep them accountable. :wacko:

Edited by Sgt Ryan

And trust me Tex will break your heart like Arod. Dude is good when it doesnt matter.

Well, you should be glad he'll be hamstringing the Yankees and not the team you root for. Lucky you.

Their fans are a complete joke, they could care less about anyone else.

As opposed to the fans of what altruistic city?

Most selfish POS people on the planet,

And let's not forget un-American, according to Sarah Palin.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Well, you should be glad he'll be hamstringing the Yankees and not the team you root for. Lucky you.

As opposed to the fans of what altruistic city?

And let's not forget un-American, according to Sarah Palin.

If my team bought every player on the market like NY, Id be embarassed. But thats just me.

If my team bought every player on the market like NY, Id be embarassed. But thats just me.

And I'd be embarrassed if I rooted for a team that had to reach into another team's wallet and take money they didn't deserve, but that's just me.

And I'd be embarrassed if I rooted for a team that had to reach into another team's wallet and take money they didn't deserve, but that's just me.

Who is reaching, NY is giving it freely going over the soft cap MLB established. Are you really this clueless. So each team gets what a million, so NY can do whatever it wants. Yeah, that is fair. But then again, I wouldnt expect you to see the difference. Whatever it takes is your moto, regardless of the well being of the sport. Why not just have NY buy every team in baseball, and play exhibition games against themselves. Until there is a cap, and complete revenue sharing like in the NBA or NFL, there will always be a huge disparity between the haves and have nots. But then NY would probably be a have not under those circumstances with this current management team in place.

Since when are you a Red Sox fan. I thought you were a Cubs fan by previous posts. Seriously dude, do you actually have a favorite team in any sport, or do you just change from year to year. Are you sure you are not a Phils fan, I mean they did win the WS this year.

Darin was referring to Caveman Nicks favorite team being the Red Sox. Not his favorite team

No, no, no. The NBA is a joke. If a team make 1-2 bad signings they are screwed for years. As a Sixers fan I know all about this.

The T-Wolves have made at least a dozen bad signings in the past few years, plus a raft of crappy trades including getting rid of Brandon Roy and this year OJ Mayo, plus the Joe Smith fiasco and the attendant draft pick losses.........we are totally f'ed for the next four decades.

Are you really implying the Yankees are in favor of the luxury tax? Are you really this clueless?

Did I say they were? :wacko: Are you really this big of an idiot. Seriously you change teh argument mid stream to take heat of the original point. THe point is the Yankees are a complete joke and embarassment to this country and baseball. Can you imagine every country around the world hearing about bail outs all over the place and the NYY are spending like this? Complete embarassment.

Lets see pay a 27 Mil Luxury Tax and sign every one you wish, or have a hard cap, and be the NY Knicks.

Hmm. Which do you think NYY would choose? :D

How is the NBA a joke.

Well, at very least they're nothing that should be used to explain why a cap equals parity.

Since 1980, there have been 8 different NBA champs and 5 teams (Lakers, Celts, Pistons, Spurs, and Bulls) have accounted for all but 4 of those titles. That means those 5 teams have won 25 of the last 29 titles. Doesn't sound much like parity to me.

Since 2000, there have been 8 different MLB champs and only one team has one it more than once (BoSox twice).

I effing hate MLB - the roids, hgh and chit coupled with the NY, Red Sox nation chit has ruined it for me completely. I have zero interest in MLB and as someone who grew up loving the game and playing it in college, I really don't even follow it that closely.

NFL is a great product

NBA has it's share of problems but the salary cap at least gives squads a fighting chance - and the comparisons made between MLB and the NBA are tough to make bc basketball itself doesn't lend itself to upsets the way baseball does. Right or wrong the best teams usually prevail in a 7 game series. in the NBA.

oh, and the fact that baseball is a snoozefest doesn't help

From Serious Sports News Network

http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/20...o-presents.html

Obama doesn’t really have an issue with the way the Yankees spend money

HONOLULU, OAHU, HI — President-elect and extreme sports fan Barack Obama is always willing to offer an opinion as to how the sports world can improve itself.

However, when reached in Hawaii this week by SSNN, Obama surprised everyone with his latest view. SSNN had contacted Obama to discuss a matter on which most agree — that the New York Yankees spend too much money and disrupt the reasonable balance of power in baseball. Surpisingly, Obama disagreed with the general public.

“I don’t see any real problem with what they’re doing,” Obama said. “Is it illegal to so grossly outspend your opponents that it makes a mockery of the competition? If so, then wouldn’t you hear some complaints about me having bought the presidency, since I spent about ten times as much as John McCain? You don’t hear anything like that, do you?”

Actually, there are a lot of complaints about that, as many of Obama’s critics contend that he spent his way to the presidency.

“To me, money is for three things — winning presidential elections, buying World Series titles, and of course, redistributing hope to the disenfranchised and poor,” Obama said. “So what the Yankees are doing is totally in line with my beliefs. Giving Mark Teixeira $180 million is no different than, say, buying a half-hour infomercial on the four major networks. Nobody had a problem with that, right?”

Reached for comment, Senator John McCain said Obama’s latest views explained a lot.

“Well, for the last two years, everytime he sends me an email, he starts it off with ‘Dear Milwaukee Brewers LOL,’” McCain said. “So that at least explains that. I just hope that baseball and the American people both ultimately realize that something earned on a level-playing field is worth more than something purchased.”

“Ha ha, never!!” shouted Obama, who was sitting on a giant pile of gold coins and fanning himself with a sheaf of $100 bills. “They can try and control us. They can try and impose luxury taxes. But the only tax I’m going to pay is eight years of kicking it at the White House with the World Champion New York Yankees. Viva Sabathia!”

Edited by jackshi17

Darin was referring to Caveman Nicks favorite team being the Red Sox. Not his favorite team

I sure wish people would stop replying to this 'tard's replies to me. It's defeating the purpose of having his silly ass on ignore. The dolt has the reading comprehension of a third grader.

That's a retarded analogy in the sports world.

I support a sporting environment that is sporting. That means all teams have roughly a level playing field from which to operate.

Then you should have just as much of a problem with the teams who spend 10-40 million on a team each year. They're worse than the teams spending hundreds of millions... At least those teams are trying to win.

How is the NBA a joke. Sounds like the Sixers and T Wolves are the joke.

The NBA is a joke because of guaranteed contracts. It kills a lot of teams that try to make a big signing and then get screwed because the player either gets hurt or is a bust. If the NBA worked like the NFL it would at least give teams a better shot at turning things around. In the NBA if you sign two guys to big deals and they don't work then you have to basically wait until their contracts expire before you can do anything else. I'll use the Sixers as an example just because it is what I know best. If Brand and Iguodala don't pan out it will take the Sixers at least 4-5 years before they can try to sign any other impact players. Yes, if they don't work out it is the Sixers fault for signing them but it shouldn't put a team back 4-5 years.