[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Hillis

Cowboyz1

I think Hillis was going to catch 25-35 passes before the injury . . . now I think he will get 8-15+ touches a game as a goal line guy and pounder RB . . plus getting receptions.

In super deep leagues it is worth a flyer late . . .

In super deep leagues??? i would grab him and stash him on a 10 or 12 team league, hell based on what you said i would even start him as a flex here and there

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's not get crazy here. How many rushing TDs do you really think the Browns will score this year?

I went and looked up last year's stats.

10 Rushing TDs 11 Passing

Of those 10 rushing, 3 were by the QB and 1 by a WR.

Of those 11 passing TDs

2 went to Harrison and 1 to the FB Vickers.

take that for what it's worth.

Edited by loaf

I have a hugh man-crush on Hillis. The guy is just fun to watch run, and he has the hands of a very good WR (seriously). I like that he's getting some love in CLE and getting the chance to see action. I'm not going to disagree with your opinion - you can get him cheap, between Harrison's size and Hardesty's injury history, Hillis could absolutely end up with the best numbers in the CLE backfield.

That said, it is still the CLE backfield and so the opportunities should be limited. But still, get him cheap while you can.

I think Hillis is the kind of player who wins games; however, I think his fantasy impact will be fairly negligible - I have him in the "in case of emergency, break glass" file.

With Hardesty out for the year that moves Hillis up,he was a beast in denver i had him on my team two years ago after henry,torain and the rest went down.I am not sure but Hillis could be a better running back than harrison or davis,with his size strength quickness balance and speed not to mention the ability to jusr run people down at will,there are not many negatives about him. :wacko:

Love watching him play and he has produced when given the chance, but I just don't think his running style can hold up for a season. He is like a battering ram. 10 carries a game, red zone and 4th quarter to close out games, would be the perfect use of his skills, but it would ruin his value for fantasy.

you mean, he would be great for the Browns to use when they are being beaten so badly that the other team's defense is in prevent and let's him carry the ball 5 yards every time just to run out the clock. :wacko: those are his 10 carries in the 4th quarter

• 3 weeks later...

I told you guys to pick this kid up. That's two straight weeks of 14 points and 2 tds this week. I am not saying he's a stud but a workhorse non the less and should be good for a 10 to 15 point day each and every outing. Well I wouldn't start him against baltimore this week but I am very happy with his production thus far. Runs hard and looks like he will get all the goal line work. Not to mention he gained the same yards on half the carries compaired to Harrison. Not to mention Harrison's fumbleitus is still with him. Hillis gets 75% of the work in clev.

Get him while you can.........

Edited by Cowboyz1

Are we giving too much credit to Hillis and not enough to his line? All starts there baby...

Hillis played well in Denver IIRC. I remember when he was traded I said it was a good trade for Cleveland. I argued with someone about it, they said Cleveland gave Quinn away for nothing. Can't find that thread... I suck at the search function here.

Hillis played well in Denver IIRC. I remember when he was traded I said it was a good trade for Cleveland. I argued with someone about it, they said Cleveland gave Quinn away for nothing. Can't find that thread... I suck at the search function here.

i vaguely remember that thread. I picked up Hillis in a couple leagues. in one league, I actually lost week 1 and today b/c i left him on the bench.