[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sammy Watkins placed on IR

Wolverines Fan

Per Rapoport.

Watkins will miss at least the next eight weeks.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/781968896194740225

Rotoworld reporting it too.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9388/sammy-watkins

Edited by Wolverines Fan

This is why I didn't touch him in any league. He always gets hurt, even if he doesn't you can't count him.

In another thread I equated him to Desean Jackson. Even when healthy he is a boom or bust fantasy player. I struggled to see how people were choosing him in the second round.

Any worthwhile pick ups here? Goodwin? Woods? Hunter? Salas?

Woods should be the guy to step up.

• Like 2

The Bills are a train wreck. And I'm a fan. Forget that they gave up way too much to draft Sammy, doubling down on getting EJ Manuel (since replaced by Tyrod) a competent WR. They should have known much more about Sammy's injury and gotten a solid #2 for this season. If Shady doesn't dominate, they're cooked. But that may be best so that we can finally BLOW THIS THING UP and start over with competent footbal men running the show.

The Bills are a train wreck. And I'm a fan. Forget that they gave up way too much to draft Sammy, doubling down on getting EJ Manuel (since replaced by Tyrod) a competent WR. They should have known much more about Sammy's injury and gotten a solid #2 for this season. If Shady doesn't dominate, they're cooked. But that may be best so that we can finally BLOW THIS THING UP and start over with competent footbal men running the show.

I mean, they did whoop the Cardinals' azz last week? Maybe things aren't that bad?

Yeah Watkins is injury prone apparently, Manuel looks to be a bust (even though he had the physical attributes you wanna see) and you wish your starting receivers weren't now Goodwin and Woods and whoever else (maybe J. Hunter actually pans out), but c'mon....they did just beat a pre-season Super Bowl darling here. Don't give up when it's on the upswing!

Edited by WildTurkey

I mean, they did whoop the Cardinals' azz last week? Maybe things aren't that bad?

Yeah Watkins is injury prone apparently, Manuel looks to be a bust (even though he had the physical attributes you wanna see) and you wish your starting receivers weren't now Goodwin and Woods and whoever else (maybe J. Hunter actually pans out), but c'mon....they did just beat a pre-season Super Bowl darling here. Don't give up when it's on the upswing!

I appreciate the sentiment and encouragement but one win is a bit of fool's gold. Our #1 pick this year, Shaq Lawson was passed on by everyone else because they knew he was damaged. 16 years without the playoffs and it's time to move past the band aid approach that keeps everyone hopeful when we're still 6-7 every November, and always have "an outside shot IF everything falls right." I want a strong GM who knows how to draft, pick an up and coming Coach who is ahead of the curve, and cutting edge coordinators. It doesn't have to take years anymore in the NFL. Just high level competency and a franchise QB.

I had no intention of drafting him but there he was at the end of the 3rd round. Seemed like value so I bit. Bad call no doubt.

Right there with you. Fortunately I picked up Marvin Jones later on. Deciding if I will hang on to Watkins for the playoff run, our benches are kind of deep, so it's plausible.

Any worthwhile pick ups here? Goodwin? Woods? Hunter? Salas?

I'm in a 14-team league where we can start 3 WRs, nobody has touched any of these guys. I'm not convinced Robert Woods has value, Goodwin might be worth a flier, but would go with Tyrell Williams, Terrell Pryor, Jamison Crowder, etc over him.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody picking Watkins up? Week 12 isn't that far away. Is he going to be ready Week 12?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9388/sammy-watkins

Sammy Watkins (foot) is out of his walking boot.
He's eligible to return to practice November 11 on the Bills' bye week and eligible to return to play in Week 12. Watkins still has a long way to go, but he's worth picking up for the fantasy playoffs if you can afford the stash. Oct 26 - 12:00 PM
Source: ESPN.com