[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gripe: the commissioner of one of my leagues just allowed this ridiculous trade

Dcat

Straight up trade: Agholor for Mike Evans

I went ballistic when the commissioner refused to veto because their stat lines are pretty close after 4-5 games.  And the Commish's son is the one who traded away Evans, too!

The guy who got Evans now has Julio Jones, Keenan Allen and Mike Evans.  Screw that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for letting me vent

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Pretty redick trade. Hopefully julio and evans stay in season long slumps amd the guy gets what he deserves lol. Also dont play in this league next year or make a trade with this person urself lol.

There are millions of others who own these players, don't curse all the owners because of this awful trade. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Is it an unbalanced trade? Yeah, probably, though with how Wentz is playing I like Agolor a lot this season. Is it collusion? Almost certainly not. Excellent non-veto imo. If the guy owning Evans wants to trade him away for someone everyone else views as slightly worse, it's his funeral.

1 hour ago, bdub1988 said:

Is it an unbalanced trade? Yeah, probably, though with how Wentz is playing I like Agolor a lot this season. Is it collusion? Almost certainly not. Excellent non-veto imo. If the guy owning Evans wants to trade him away for someone everyone else views as slightly worse, it's his funeral.

^This^ Just because you think that Mike Evans is supremely better than Agholor does not mean that the guy who owns Mike Evans has to think the same.

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Straight up trade: Agholor for Mike Evans

I went ballistic when the commissioner refused to veto because their stat lines are pretty close after 4-5 games.  And the Commish's son is the one who traded away Evans, too!

The guy who got Evans now has Julio Jones, Keenan Allen and Mike Evans.  Screw that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for letting me vent

As someone who's been a Commissioner for many years, I feel compelled to chime in.

As mentioned above in this thread, it may seem like a foolish trade, but it's not worthy of a Veto. I will only veto a trade if it's obvious someone is tanking their season and trying to help a friend by throwing away their best players. If both managers sincerely believe the trade will improve their respective team, then you must allow it to pass, regardless how dumb you might think it is. Trades should be encouraged, not dissuaded. Once you start vetoing trades that both parties believe will help their team, it will anger both managers and prevent them from wanting to make or accept trade offers in the future.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Why is this such a bad trade?  Agholor has out-performed Evans this season, especially in PPR.  Not that much difference really...mostly by name and past experience.

Their stats are even because Evans has played 4 weeks and Agholor has played 6 weeks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Forums are getting soft - in the past when someone would come in to whine about a trade, the general consensus was to "suck it up buttercup" and move along...the only time any trade should ever be vetoed is when it's a clear case of collusion, let the owner's manage their teams as they see fit, yada, yada, yada...  LMAO

17 hours ago, bdub1988 said:

This

But I do feel the OP's pain.  In my league, we just don't allow trades.  It causes too much drama.  

44 minutes ago, the outlaw said:

Forums are getting soft - in the past when someone would come in to whine about a trade, the general consensus was to "suck it up buttercup" and move along...the only time any trade should ever be vetoed is when it's a clear case of collusion, let the owner's manage their teams as they see fit, yada, yada, yada...  LMAO

Many of us have grown tired of repeating ourselves, trying to explain why it shouldn't be vetoed etc.

35 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

This

But I do feel the OP's pain.  In my league, we just don't allow trades.  It causes too much drama.  

Sounds like your league has a bunch of drama queens, trades don't create drama the whiny owners do.

Oh I get all that regarding the merits of the non-veto based on both players' this year's performances and all. I don't need schooling from @stevegrab  and @the outlaw.  I know all that already.  I commish 4 leagues and have been through it all.  I'm just whining to you all because I still have to face the guy who acquired Evans two times and I've already played the Agholor recipient.  Isn't that what these crying forums are all about?  :D

Once the season has started you can’t just go by draft positions to value players. Evans hasn’t been worthy of his 1st rd status. The owner had the right to trade him for what he sees fit. I think it’s a bad trade as do most people but it doesn’t matter what we think, it’s not our team

12 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Their stats are even because Evans has played 4 weeks and Agholor has played 6 weeks.  

We were told there would be no math... :)

Yes, by looking at it again, you are correct...Evans has slightly better average numbers even after playing 2 less games.  Still, it's one person's fantasy over another's...how you going to argue with that?  No collusion, no veto...

1 hour ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

We were told there would be no math... :)

Yes, by looking at it again, you are correct...Evans has slightly better average numbers even after playing 2 less games.  Still, it's one person's fantasy over another's...how you going to argue with that?  No collusion, no veto...

I agree, no veto.  I also agree, bad trade by the guy who traded Evans

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Many of us have grown tired of repeating ourselves, trying to explain why it shouldn't be vetoed etc.

Sounds like your league has a bunch of drama queens, trades don't create drama the whiny owners do.

Well, there are some shady guys in the league with some history of causing collusion to the point people quit, started a new league, with new commissioner.   Happened about 15ish years ago.  New commissioner and I am the other commissioner took over.  No issues.  No drama.  People don't complain about having trades either.  We moved on..