[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL investigating Jameis Winston for sexual misconduct

Montana is da Man

1 minute ago, jamesplante11 said:

So all you have to do now a days to tarnish someones reputation is to accuse? This shouldn't even be news until there is proof it happened

Give the NFL a year and they'll come up with something I'm sure.

Or they won't and then the week after TMZ will release the video. 

15 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

So all you have to do now a days to tarnish someones reputation is to accuse? This shouldn't even be news until there is proof it happened

So Winston is the victim, and not the woman?  It's smarter and a better look to not take sides until these things flesh themselves out.

32 minutes ago, kdko said:

So Winston is the victim, and not the woman?  It's smarter and a better look to not take sides until these things flesh themselves out.

Sorry, that's not the world we live in at this point.  "Smarter" has nothing to do with anything in the public sphere at this stage.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kdko said:

I in no way said Winston was the victim, nor did I want to imply that so my apologize for putting myself in a position to make it seem that way. Here is a quote from Winston

"A news organization has published a story about me regarding an alleged incident involving a female Uber driver from approximately two years ago. The story falsely accuses me of making inappropriate contact with this driver. I believe the driver was confused as to the number of passengers in the car and who was sitting next to her. The accusation is false, and given the nature of the allegation and increased awareness and consideration of these types of matters, I am addressing this false report immediately. At the time of the alleged incident, I denied the allegations to Uber, yet they still decided to suspend my account."

Could the woman be the victim, yes 
Could Winston be the victim, yes

Could the both be a victim, one of being groped the other of being falsely accused, yes

Has Winston put himself in a bad position, yes

The only thing I was trying to say was that I think the NFL needs to do a better job as a whole at figuring this out faster than the court of public opinion, the NFL is an employer, could suspend the individual indefinitely until they figure it out. 

I also believe that the woman in this case did the right thing by standing up and saying something. It takes a strong person to be able to do so and she did so and by reports of it she did so right away to her employer, in this case Uber.

38 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

I in no way said Winston was the victim, nor did I want to imply that so my apologize for putting myself in a position to make it seem that way. Here is a quote from Winston

"A news organization has published a story about me regarding an alleged incident involving a female Uber driver from approximately two years ago. The story falsely accuses me of making inappropriate contact with this driver. I believe the driver was confused as to the number of passengers in the car and who was sitting next to her. The accusation is false, and given the nature of the allegation and increased awareness and consideration of these types of matters, I am addressing this false report immediately. At the time of the alleged incident, I denied the allegations to Uber, yet they still decided to suspend my account."

Could the woman be the victim, yes 
Could Winston be the victim, yes

Could the both be a victim, one of being groped the other of being falsely accused, yes

Has Winston put himself in a bad position, yes

The only thing I was trying to say was that I think the NFL needs to do a better job as a whole at figuring this out faster than the court of public opinion, the NFL is an employer, could suspend the individual indefinitely until they figure it out. 

I also believe that the woman in this case did the right thing by standing up and saying something. It takes a strong person to be able to do so and she did so and by reports of it she did so right away to her employer, in this case Uber.

Not saying Winston is a victim by any means,  I am all about waiting for factual evidence to be presented.. but assuming the woman has falsely id winston as the person who groped her, how does Winston taking a cab with other people also in the cab, place him in a bad position ? A dude can't even take a taxi anymore ?

1 minute ago, Gourdeau said:

Not saying Winston is a victim by any means,  I am all about waiting for factual evidence to be presented.. but assuming the woman has falsely id winston as the person who groped her, how does Winston taking a cab with other people also in the cab, place him in a bad position ? A dude can't even take a taxi anymore ?

I was speaking more so because of the rape allegation before he was a pro, and I agree the day and age we live in is a crazy one. I however got called out and told I shouldn't take sides until this fleshes itself out..or at least that is how I read it. I was left trying to make it clear that I wasn't siding with anyone or calling anyone a victim, more so just questioning how one person, male or female, can say something happened, and now its front page news

2 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

I was speaking more so because of the rape allegation before he was a pro, and I agree the day and age we live in is a crazy one. I however got called out and told I shouldn't take sides until this fleshes itself out..or at least that is how I read it. I was left trying to make it clear that I wasn't siding with anyone or calling anyone a victim, more so just questioning how one person, male or female, can say something happened, and now its front page news

Your initial post basically said it shouldn't be news until there is proof, which is very odd to say. Should there be news about Weinstein and allegations towards him? Have any women provided proof?

I agree it sucks to be wrongly accused and have your reputation tarnished, but not sure there is an alternative that won't mean people are unwilling to come forward and report things.

2 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

He was hardly the victim in the case, either.  FSU swept it under the rug, covered for him, or whatever you want to call it.  It could, and probably should, have ended much worse for him.

See ya in Six games. Regardless if you were in the car or not. In fact, may not even matter if he ever used Uber. For that matter he could have been on the field Sunday under center when it happened, and he still may get 6 games. There should be a new charge acronym. 

GBPIAWOL= Guilty Black Player in a White Owned league.

Edited by Cowboyz1

3 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

See ya in Six games. Regardless if you were in the car or not. In fact, may not even matter if he ever used Uber. For that matter he could have been on the field Sunday under center when it happened, and he still may get 6 games. There should be a new charge acronym. 

GBPIAWOL= Guilty Black Player in a White Owned league.

Wow..   i wanna say i hope your joking but afraid youre not..  

20 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Sorry, that's not the world we live in at this point.  "Smarter" has nothing to do with anything in the public sphere at this stage.

This point?  This stage?

old news, I'm afraid.  It's all about click bait baby.