[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do the Vikings do with their stable of QB's?

tazinib1

59 minutes ago, Def. said:

They're all free agents.  Its really out of the Vikings hands. 

And even if they weren't; the trade value has to be minimal.  Bradford is a major injury waiting to happen while Bridgewater was a maybe guy with potential (coming off a major injury).

Edited by Bobby Brown

I think the Vikings need to consider using either the transition or franchise tag on Keenum.  The transition tag would cost a little over $21 million and would give the Vikings the right to match any offer he received.  The franchise tag would cost a little over $23 million.  He has probably played himself into that salary range considering that low end starting quarterbacks are getting paid $16 million to $18 million.  If Bridgewater has no offers to be a starter anywhere, he should stay in Minnesota as the backup.  Although pride might not allow it.

Edited by michaelredd9

They'll do what it takes to keep Keenum, one of the tags if necessary. I wonder if Bradford or Bridgewateris a possible bridge QB for a team like the Browns, who are also looking at Alex Smith and Cousins (but will lose that battle to better teams, even if they offer less). I feel the Browns need to do that, otherwise they'll waste another high first round pick, try to use Kizer, then use the rookie drafted and both flame out.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

they should've signed keenum to half the cost of Cousins. I think the hype on Cousins is going ludicrous speed.

Keenum did so well in their offense, why not try to keep him as franchise QB?  Seems crazy to me, maybe that's their fall back plan if they lose out on Cousins. Of coruse Keenum could be gone by then, or unhappy and prefer to sign elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

Keenum played over his head and showed the true Case Keenum in the playoffs at Philly who they were lucky to even face  . Id keep Bridgewater on the cheap. Keenum is a piker

Edited by whomper
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I can’t see giving Case top 5 money for one year. Not tagging him doesn’t bother me. Maybe if the Vikes miss out on Cousins they can bring back Case on a multiple year deal, who knows? 

As for for the uber hype on Cousins, he’s shown more than a lot of FA quarterbacks in the past where I wouldn’t have any issues about signing him. I also think he is an upgrade over Case, and I liked the way Case played last season. 

I do see the Vikes possibly drafting a QB in a couple years though. 

• 2 weeks later...

My preference is to sign Cousins. I hear lots of local fans say the opposite. I'm hearing that the team should sign Keenum, Brees, or Bridgewater.

Cousins is ten years younger that Brees and we've had our share of 40 year old QBs running our team.

On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 3:25 PM, BeeR said:

I don't get the hype on Bridgewater.  He's proven little if anything.

What hype are you referring to? Was he given some huge contract? Or crowned the starter of the Jets?

Is it so impossible that he could be a quality starting QB in the NFL? Have you seen some of the starting QBs in the NFL the last 5 years, remember Curtis Painter?  He was showing promise in his second year, then go clobbered the next year, now he's been out 2 years.

Also the Jets resigned McCown who was their starter, and have told him he'll be the starter again, so Bridgewater isn't being handed anything.

Sorry I fail to see what hype you're commenting on (in multiple threads).