[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should The Commissioner Be Able To Do These Things? (2 SCENARIOS)

the lone star

Should The Commissioner Be Able To Do These Things? (2 SCENARIOS)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Scenario 1: Should The Commissioner Be Able To Do This?

• Yes, He Should Be Able Do That.
    • No, He Should Not Be Able To Do That.
  2. 2. Scenario 2: Should The Commissioner Be Able To Do This?

• Yes, He Should Be Able Do That.
    • No, He Should Not Be Able To Do That.

SCENARIO 1:

Team A put a star player on the trading block to help him rebuild (old team, lost many players to injuries, suspensions, and retirement). The commissioner entered into trade talks with Team A, and they went back and forth discussing a deal. Team A thought that the talks had hit a roadblock, so he told the commissioner he was going to talk to other teams, including the commissioner's two brothers, who were also in the league. The commissioner does not like this, so he sends angry text messages to his brothers, one of which (Team B) tells Team A that he is dropping out because of the text. The contents of the text are not known other than the fact that it was angry and hostile, but it is presumed that the commissioner was playing the "family card" in order to make sure that his brothers didn't compete with him, and vice versa.

For what it is worth, the rules do not actually address this scenario.

Should The Commissioner Have Been Able To Do This? 

SCENARIO 2:

In a dynasty league, each dynasty owner has the right of last refusal for all of their free agents. That is, each free agent is actually a restricted free agent. Restricted free agency is an auction style bidding system, and how much money each person has is also visible on the site. 

The Commissioner saw that someone like Drew Brees had a super low bid on him and feared that someone would win him for that amount. He also wanted Brees' owner to pay more in free agency to keep him, so the commish sent out individual text messages to all the owners in the league, specifically telling them to increase the bid on Brees. The text message read "INCREASE THE BID ON BREES!!!" This tactic worked, as multiple owners began to increase the price on Brees.

For what it is worth, the rules do not actually address this situation.

Should The Commissioner Have Been Able To Do These Things?

Edited by the lone star

First scenario sounds like butt hurt cry baby league with a totally controlling or savage competitive commish and the second scenario is a bit of the same but different. In either case, I would not belong to either. If you could get out now do so. If you have to play it out do so but either way both leagues are no good and no fun. Now if you are playing in a league of teens then disregard goes with the age group I suppose. If not, bad news and there must be a certain level of integrity in good leagues even when you disagree on things. IN senario one I would have told brother to KMA because family is family and friends is friends, but business is business. 

As the CEO if AMAT once said, "everyone needs to make a little money" while dealing with his staff on not hard balling vendors which they easily could. Which helped them become dominate. In essence hard and Fair keeps things competitive and most importantly ongoing.

I see neither of these leagues lasting as currently occupied.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Sure, you can do both. Scenario A I'd dump that league in a heartbeat. Scenario B, as commissioner I'd never intentionally put myself in a position where I'd try to influence the league to do something. As an owner I wouldn't do that either, but would have no issue with another owner doing it either. Part of what sucks about being a commissioner I'd I think you should hold yourself to a higher standard of gamesmanship and often that means it's a little more difficult to be competitive. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, the lone star said:

I changed it to "should" just now, so does that change your answer at all?

I probably shouldn't pull a shotgun on a 7-11 clerk for a slurpee, so you got me there.  But, as you can see, I'm wearing a bag on my head.  I'd probably get away with it.

Edited by CowboysDiehard
  • Like 1

If this is the same league where you were worried about a Julio Jones trade from 2015 why don’t you just leave the league. 

If you keep posting the same things from site to site about the sameness league, then maybe it’s better for you and the league if you leave. 

Nothing personal, maybe it’s just not the league for you. 

Edited by jamesplante11

The replies to This thread almost make me want to unblock the lone star content l, so I can actually read what the questions is, but I'm sure I'll just be disappointed so I guess I'll have to stay marginally curious....

Edited by millworkguy
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

these guys are way uptight. Many internet police. If it was up to them, there would be only three highly-qualified on-topic posts per day. Quality over quantity... and then forum death.

This particular poster does not contribute anything across all the forums he's posted in.  All his topics/posts are about his very poorly ran league(s) which he spams and bumps over and over again.  He has done it across multiple forums and has either been booted or stopped posting after moderators address it with him.  Simply put he is not here for conversation about anything but him and due to the moderation snafu this forum has I just recommend adding him to ignore for all those that are uninterested.   

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Def. said:

This particular poster does not contribute anything across all the forums he's posted in.  All his topics/posts are about his very poorly ran league(s) which he spams and bumps over and over again.  He has done it across multiple forums and has either been booted or stopped posting after moderators address it with him.  Simply put he is not here for conversation about anything but him and due to the moderation snafu this forum has I just recommend adding him to ignore for all those that are uninterested.   

Which forums did I get booted from?