[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This year's standings oddities

Ramhock

11 minutes ago, Ramhock said:

Both my leagues, this year.

One league, all 4 teams are 4-3.

The other, I'm 2-5, one game out. Still in it!!

Whatya got?

You're in a 4 team league?  :D

How's life Rammy!

My work league, only 8 teams, 4 teams tied for 1st at 4-3. Wasn't that way yesterday, one team was 5-2 after winning by .05 last week. Stat updates this morning gave Diggs an extra yard and he ended up losing. 2nd time that's happened to him in the last 5 years

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ramhock said:

The other, I'm 2-5, one game out. Still in it!!

Whatya got?

Same record in my local, same 1 game out...still gutting it out, lots of pickups and shuffling to get ready for 2nd half push to get in!

On 10/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, flemingd said:

Guy at work keeps telling me that we should do something more fare, like all play or top half of scores get a win. Most long standing head to head leagues have no interest in doing that, or they'd have already done it. The randomness and similarities to real football (which teams face the Chiefs without Mahomes) is part of what they like and don't want to lose. Every week I see the "if you played your opponents schedule you'd be..." from CBS game preview/recap showing 1-2 or more wins than I had (with a single win week 6). I shrug and say those are the breaks. 

We have a 7-0 team, they lead scoring bit also have fewest points against, most teams in our league would have 5-6 wins if we played their schedule, including those with only 1-2 so far.

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Guy at work keeps telling me that we should do something more fare, like all play or top half of scores get a win. Most long standing head to head leagues have no interest in doing that, or they'd have already done it. The randomness and similarities to real football (which teams face the Chiefs without Mahomes) is part of what they like and don't want to lose. Every week I see the "if you played your opponents schedule you'd be..." from CBS game preview/recap showing 1-2 or more wins than I had (with a single win week 6). I shrug and say those are the breaks. 

We have a 7-0 team, they lead scoring bit also have fewest points against, most teams in our league would have 5-6 wins if we played their schedule, including those with only 1-2 so far.

Which is why my post is suggesting a new league done this way from the get-go.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 9:23 PM, Bobby Brown said:

I prefer a mix.  If league rules call for six teams advancing to the playoffs, I'm an advocate for 3 teams advancing on record and 3 advancing on total points.

I do like this, FDSB does the last spot on points, but there's a strong correlation between points and all-play anyway, which is kind of what inspired my thoughts here.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:53 AM, Bobby Brown said:

I prefer a mix.  If league rules call for six teams advancing to the playoffs, I'm an advocate for 3 teams advancing on record and 3 advancing on total points.

I would think the top 2 teams in each would advance on record and the 3rd team in each advance on points.

1 hour ago, XFlash said:

I would think the top 2 teams in each would advance on record and the 3rd team in each advance on points.

Assuming 2 divisions?

I was just giving an example.  FFPC high stakes format has 1 division and each team plays each other once.  Regular seasons ends after week 11.  4 playoff teams advance; 2 with best record and 2 with most points. 

• 4 weeks later...

12 team, 3 division league.

Two teams in the same division are 10-2 after this week.  Those guys are 1-2 in points scored, only 3 other teams have 7 wins. 

One of these guys will be the 1 seed and the other could be 11-2 and be the 4 seed.  

This league is pretty competitive and has only had one other 11 games winner in the last 10 years.