[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 12 Milk Carton

purplemonster

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

What happened to Carson?  I rostered penny for a couple of weeks just waiting for him Carson to go down or start fumbling.  And I just dropped him last week wouldn't you know

He was involved in 2 retained fumbles  and I think that opened it up for Penny today.

On one  play Russell handed him the ball, Carson wasn't looking and it bounced off his hip, apparent lack of concentration.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Same here.....he didnt even fumble today 

Oh yeah, and Matt Ryan.....against the bucs no less

Assume you were referring to Carson there, he did fumble, but he recovered it, then Russell Wilson fumbled and lost it on the next play. 

ETA see other post with info now, didn't watch but heard some stuff about Carson fumbling and checked box score

I heard that Penny was just the hot hand, had a few longer carries early then Carroll rolled with him. 

I had thought after the first half plus of this season that Carson was the guy and Penny (the first round pick) was a bust. Maybe Carson was banged up and they were just giving him rest. Don't matter my season is over, and I actually want to lose next week (secure #1 pick). 

Edited by stevegrab

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I triple FU for Carroll who suddenly thinks that Penny is a workhouse RB instead of Carson. Makes me wonder about the long term value of Carson as a starting RB. 

That's why I didn't draft him this year is because I was afraid of Penny usurping his role. I would be concerned about his long-term outlook. He's a banger but he gets pretty low yards-per-carry sometimes.  Any reduction in skill or strength for him I think would make him expendable

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Assume you were referring to Carson there, he did fumble, but he recovered it, then Russell Wilson fumbled and lost it on the next play. 

ETA see other post with info now, didn't watch but heard some stuff about Carson fumbling and checked box score

I heard that Penny was just the hot hand, had a few longer carries early then Carroll rolled with him. 

I had thought after the first half plus of this season that Carson was the guy and Penny (the first round pick) was a bust. Maybe Carson was banged up and they were just giving him rest. Don't matter my season is over, and I actually want to lose next week (secure #1 pick). 

Thanks for the info.  The ESPN box score didnt show him fumbling.   Carroll played the hot hand last season too so it's not that big of a surprise.  I'll try and pick up Penny just in case.

Carson isnone of those guys I took in a lot of leagues, my championship hopes need him.

16 minutes ago, Comm1 said:

Lamar on pace for 1,250 rushing yards. Breaking Vick’s record by almost 200 yards 😳😳 

Also, 3,600 passing yards with 30TDs and 8INTs. Insane! He's should've been the 2nd pick this year after CMC. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I was a fool, I didn't believe the Lamar hype coming into this season. Shame on me! The guy is all that and then some. 

I agree you are a fool, no argument there. :lol: But I think a LOT of us missed on Lamar. Many were still chasing Mahomes points from last year, a common fantasy mistake.

Heard something in game (maybe pre-game) that Lamar Jackson said he could not even throw a spiral last season, the NFL ball is bigger and he had trouble adjusting, he worked hard on that going into this season. Most who saw him play last year didn't see a good throwing QB, just a guy that ran and did that well. Now he can do both, and it is hard to stop him.

Still shocking that the Browns beat them, in Baltimore. The game was even thru first half, then CLE added 2 more TDs, the second after a BAL fumble (Lamar). BAL scored another TD, but CLE answered right back with a long TD run by Chubb. Then BAL was in a throw it more mode, and had the 2 pics and scored another 10. 

Kind of beat them at their own game, got out in front and made them get away from running. While we used the running game to control things. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He's unbelievable. I didn't like him coming out of college but Harbaugh knew exactly what to do with him. 

Pretty rare to see someone improve as much as he has throwing the ball.  Accuracy is typically something you have or don't so I am not sure what changed.  Granted they aren't making hikmthrow way down field but he's making good decisions too.  

I think the NFL didn't spend enough time scheming because nobody expected him to be this good.  

56 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Pretty rare to see someone improve as much as he has throwing the ball.  Accuracy is typically something you have or don't so I am not sure what changed.  Granted they aren't making hikmthrow way down field but he's making good decisions too.  

I think the NFL didn't spend enough time scheming because nobody expected him to be this good.  

I agree.