[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

scoring correction

Mendo

Todays game between Dallas and the Giants ended with Dallas kicking a field goal from the 22 yard line.

I think this should have been a 39 yard  field goal but they counted it as a 40 yarder. (Before the kick you can see the ball on the 22)

When the previous play was over, you can see the ball placed at the 22 also.

I lost my fantasy week 115.32 to 115.26.  ( .06 pts).

Our league gives 3 points for a FG of 30-39 yards and 4 pts for a 40-49 yard FG. The 1 point made a difference in  the loss.

Does the NFL check on these stats automatically or who can I report what I think was a error  in scoring and to who?

45 minutes ago, Mendo said:

isn't it always 17 yards from line of scrimmage.?

Yes 7 yards back and 10 additional yards for endzone. If line of scrimmage was actually the 22 then it would be a 39 yarder. How you would get that changed if it was counted as a 40 yd... Not a clue

Edited by MacAttak

It is always approximately 17 yards from the line of scrimmage it is 10 yards added to where it is spotted for the kick. In another game I though it would be a 51 yard attempt but when I saw the ball being spotted I realized it was going to be 52 as the holder setup at the 42.

There is not going to be any correction. Life goes on.

Those close ones are always tough to take, but it happens. I've had them even closer than that where the difference was a recorded assisted tackle even though my player was obviously the one who made the tackle. I've seen games lost by .01 points. The people who record the stats aren't really going to care what fantasy football players think.

It's not always 17 yards.  Usually, but can sometimes be 18.  Depends on the kicker, depends on the length of the attempt, etc.  Longer kicks sometimes require a lower trajectory, therefore the distance the holder sets up from the line of scrimmage may be longer (to decrease the chance that it's blocked).  

My guess is that it was kicked from (or closer to) the 30, not the 29.  

The key is the spot where the FG is attempted, not the line of scrimmage plus some predetermined yardage whether it be 17 or 18 yards. I'd think football fans know this, instead of pretending there's been some error in how it was recorded. 

I hadn't noticed the change from 7 yards out to 8, but checking a few games all the FG attempts I saw were 18 yards added to line of scrimmage.