[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO to have surgery

giantsfan

I have been saying it all along, the Iggles are a good team, but thay will lose again in the NFC Championship. It just is not in the cards for them. This was to be their year and it is gone. If they make it, it will be because McNabb really is the goods. That remains to be seen, but the pressure has to be unbeleivable in Philly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just imagine if the Eagles were to lose the NFC Championship to Atlanta.

We would have to hear Vick babble from the announcers that would make me physically ill. I'd pull for the Eagles if only to keep from having to hear Vick praise.

Of course their chances are a lot less without TO. And look at the last 3 years when they lost the title game at home so we all know it can be done. But I thought all year that the NFC was a JOKE other than the Eagles and that the Eagles were by 20 miles the best NFC team. Now even without TO I think they are still the best just not by 20 miles anymore. But, and to me this is the point, the ONLY NFC team that could play with NE or Pitt was Philly. Now with TO out NO NFC team can play with them which to me ruins the SB. That is hard to argue no matter how you feel I think.

622793[/snapback]

Pre-injury the Eagles were the class of the NFC, and that's really nothing to brag about, but you're right, they were the best and probably the only team that could play with the Steelers or Patriots. That is not the case anymore. I'd be willing to bet that the Eagles don't go to the Super Bowl this year. That being said, I wouldn't let your Super Bowl be ruined already. Everyone thought the Pats - Panthers would be a boring, low scoring game, but that wasn't the case at all. A lot can happen between now and the Super Bowl.

Just imagine if the Eagles were to lose the NFC Championship to Atlanta.

We would have to hear Vick babble from the announcers that would make me physically ill. I'd pull for the Eagles if only to keep from having to hear Vick praise.

622802[/snapback]

I hear that. They will worship Vick even more than they do know. It makes you sick considering he's really not even that great of a QB.

Pre-injury the Eagles were the class of the NFC, and that's really nothing to brag about, but you're right, they were the best and probably the only team that could play with the Steelers or Patriots. That is not the case anymore. I'd be willing to bet that the Eagles don't go to the Super Bowl this year. That being said, I wouldn't let your Super Bowl be ruined already. Everyone thought the Pats - Panthers would be a boring, low scoring game, but that wasn't the case at all. A lot can happen between now and the Super Bowl.

622810[/snapback]

Very true. As for the Eagles making it I still think they will based almost 1000000% on the fact that I think the rest of the NFC stinks. BUT I would NOT bet on it because Philly will have a TON of pressure on them to get there that's for sure.

No. McNabb won't play near the full game I bet. I'd steer clear of Philly the last 2 weeks.

622809[/snapback]

here's to hoping they rest Westbrook as well :D

I will come in and say that I was wrong about TO in Philly. He was my number one tank job prediction for the season. He wasn't. Fortunately he was a protected player in my keeper league and I didn't have a chance to pass on him :D

:D

No. McNabb won't play near the full game I bet. I'd steer clear of Philly the last 2 weeks.

622809[/snapback]

Really? My initial thought is that McNabb is more likely to play now, so the team can adjust without T.O. I know it's only one guy, but all the WRs will be affected moving up in the rotation. I could be off in my rationale, but it makes sense to get them as many reps as possible with McNabb in game situations.

That's a pretty good question.  Are any Philly WR's worth a pickup?

622910[/snapback]

I just lifted Kerry Collins off the WW so that I can bench McChunky this weekend and insert Collins against KC. Can't see Donovan throwing much, and Reid will sit him if possible - he's all PHI have left.

1) Sh*t

2) possibly worst football weekend of my life - three semifinals in fantasy, total of about $4500 possibly to win....three losses (all close), total of $1000 possible to win....and TO goes down to top it all off (at least they beat the Cowboys - that would have really been the cherry on top)

3) They will kick the crap out of St. Louis next week - they have a habit of rallying well when the chips are down.

4) All really comes down to McNabb - defense has played pretty well last few weeks, and I think with Westbrook and some great TE play, if he can get himself accurate and pull some magic like he's done a few times this year, they can still get to teh Bowl (thank god for the worst overall conference in as long as I can remember)

5) Sarge - glad to see you're lost bet hasn't affected your feelings on the Eagles. Still pondering your 6 month long signature....

Really?  My initial thought is that McNabb is more likely to play now, so the team can adjust without T.O.  I know it's only one guy, but all the WRs will be affected moving up in the rotation.  I could be off in my rationale, but it makes sense to get them as many reps as possible with McNabb in game situations.

622918[/snapback]

I have the same thought as well. The other thought I had came out in that article McBoog posted, they are back to their crappy WRs of last year.

I'm concerned enough that I have to wonder if McNabb continues to be my automatic starter this week. I'll be looking forward to those Huddle projections this week and hopefully it will consider the "TO"-less factor.