[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Wide Receiver class of 1996

CaptainHook

Who would you have wanted your team to draft?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have wanted your team to draft?

• Keyshawn Johnson (1st overall)
    • Terry Glenn (7th)
    • Eddie Kennison (18th)
    • Marvin Harrison (19th)
    • Eric Moulds (24th)
    • Amani Toomer (34th)
    • Muhsin Muhammand (43rd)
    • Bobby Engram (52nd)
    • Terell Owens (89th)
    • Joe Horn (135th)

While Harrison clearly has the numbers that dwarf all the others, some say his success is due to the system, and being paired with Peyton Manning. However, in the two years befor Manning arrived (137 catches 1702 yards 14 TD's) he did incredibly well with quarterbacks named Jim Harbaugh, Paul Justin, Kerwin Bell, and Kelly Holcomb.

Also in the class of '96 were Patrick Jeffers, David Patten, Derrick Mayes, and Jermaine Lewis. The latter two won Super Bowls with Green Bay and Baltimore respectively.

Overall, an amazing class of wide receivers.

I considered putting up a poll about this a week ago but thought it would be a runaway between T.O. and Harrison. Why don't we all rank them from best to worst? Here's my list:

1.) Harrison

2.) T.O.

3.) Moose

4.) Horn

5.) Keyshawn

6.) Moulds

7.) Glenn

8.) Kennison

9.) Engram

10.)Toomer

Really?  Why?

1215229[/snapback]

I just think that he will do more for his team (run block, go across the middle) and is better overall. I am not saying Marvin is a slouch by any means, and it could do with the fact that I have seen more of Keyshawn being from Texas (but definitely not a boys fan). :D And sure, he can be a loudmouth at times, but hasnt ever taken to the level that TO has. It may be worth pointing out too that he is top 3 in receiving, yardage, and TDs of the '96 class.

Total for the WR class of '96 = 6150 rec, 85272 yards, 562 TDs. :D

I just think that he will do more for his team (run block, go across the middle) and is better overall.  I am not saying Marvin is a slouch by any means, and it could do with the fact that I have seen more of Keyshawn being from Texas (but definitely not a boys fan). :D  And sure, he can be a loudmouth at times, but hasnt ever taken to the level that TO has.  It may be worth pointing out too that he is top 3 in receiving, yardage, and TDs of the '96 class.

Total for the WR class of '96 = 6150 rec, 85272 yards, 562 TDs.  :D

1215281[/snapback]

He'd be a distant third on my list. He's a very good posession receiver with no speed or break-away ability. If he were on my team, I'd hope he was the #2 WR.

Harrison

Owens

Johnson

Horn

Moulds

Muhammad

Glenn

Kennison

Toomer

Engram

Edited by CaptainHook

I just think that he will do more for his team (run block, go across the middle) and is better overall.  I am not saying Marvin is a slouch by any means, and it could do with the fact that I have seen more of Keyshawn being from Texas (but definitely not a boys fan). :D  And sure, he can be a loudmouth at times, but hasnt ever taken to the level that TO has.  It may be worth pointing out too that he is top 3 in receiving, yardage, and TDs of the '96 class.

Total for the WR class of '96 = 6150 rec, 85272 yards, 562 TDs.  :D

1215281[/snapback]

Keyshawn is certainly a different type of WR than Marvin. I can't say I'd take him given the choice, but if one REALLY needed a good possession receiver who can block well, he's the guy. I like everything about him but his attitude.

I considered putting up a poll about this a week ago but thought it would be a runaway between T.O. and Harrison.  Why don't we all rank them from best to worst?  Here's my list:

1.) Harrison

2.) T.O.

3.) Moose

4.) Horn

5.) Keyshawn

6.) Moulds

7.) Glenn

8.) Kennison

9.) Engram

10.)Toomer

1214952[/snapback]

Moose #3? Moulds has as many TD's and more yards and they are the same age. Horn has more TD's but fewer yards than both. Moose is way too high.

Edited by Randall

I thought the poll meant who would you have wanted to draft to your team in 1996, when they were all rookies, not who would you draft today.

1215780[/snapback]

Knowing what you know now, who would you want your team to have drafted in 1996? That is the question. I'll assume you're the one who voted for Kennison. :D

Moose #3? Moulds has as many TD's and more yards and they are the same age. Horn has more TD's but fewer yards than both. Moose is way too high.

1215739[/snapback]

Moose is a much better blocker than both. They each trade have a major statistical advantage over each other but his blocking makes the difference.

Marvin, as impressive as TO is there is one thing that I (and my FF local fellows) constantly marvel at, even last weekend: how the f does Marvin seem to be open 10 yards in every direction whenever he catches a pass? Seriously, even with Wayne, how can you forget about him and leave him so wide open? It's freaky and it's been like that since 1999. I simply cannot ascribe it to anything other than hugh talent.