[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duante to be traded!

Outshined

I can't wait for it to be over!!!

Pioneer Press

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/14096504.htm

Culpepper expected to be dealt to Dolphins

BY SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

Daunte Culpepper is about to get his wish.

The Vikings are expected to trade their frustrated and injured Pro Bowl quarterback to the Miami Dolphins today for a second-round draft pick in next month's NFL draft.

Vikings officials and Culpepper didn't immediately respond to interview requests.

The 11th overall pick of the Vikings in the 1999 NFL draft, Culpepper's seven-year tenure with the team included three Pro Bowl appearances.

But after a disappointing start to his 2005 season, Culpepper tore three of four ligaments in his right knee Oct. 30 against the Carolina Panthers, and his attempts to upgrade the 10-year, $102 million contract he signed in 2003 have been rebuffed by the Vikings.

Culpepper said last Wednesday that Vikings management sent him a "disturbing e-mail" that prompted him to request a trade or his release. That night, after learning of his e-mail correspondence to news outlets, the Vikings aggressively started shopping him to other clubs, including the Miami Dolphins and the Oakland Raiders.

In an interview last week, owner Zygi Wilf said he had to change course from his original plan of keeping Culpepper.

"He seems to feel that his future is best served somewhere else," Wilf told the Pioneer Press. "We have to move on for the best interests of our team."

Dolphins | Culpepper about to join team?

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:01:03 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper is expected to be traded to the Miami Dolphins Tuesday, March 14, for a second-round draft choice in the upcoming NFL Draft.

According to FoxSports, any deal is contigent on Culpepper passing a physical so even after the agreement it is not neccessarily a done deal if he has any problem with the physical exam. They know he is hurt - are they just deciding how hurt he is?

"Oh, other than a sore knee, I feel fine."

According to FoxSports, any deal is contigent on Culpepper passing a physical so even after the agreement it is not neccessarily a done deal if he has any problem with the physical exam. They know he is hurt - are they just deciding how hurt he is?

1368575[/snapback]

Right, and if it were a Quarterback like Carson Palmer in this deal, teams might be able to overlook it saying "Well, you're stiff and sit in the pocket anways."

But with someone like Daunte, who half of his appeal is his scrambling abilities, this is a big deal.

Well will this be a Marshall Faulk (Indy got a second from the Rams)type signing or will this be a bust for the Phins.... Time will tell!!!

First Moss now C-Pep....

he's a saint..

1368674[/snapback]

Just read that.....I guess Brad is the man for a while.

The Vikings play the Dolphins this year in Miami :D

1368575[/snapback]

The physical should be no problem. He had surgery to repair the 3 ligaments, so unless he re-tore those ligaments in rehab...then he should be a Dolphin

If the trade was pending a workout, then there would be issues.

I think it's a great deal for the Dolphins, a proven franchise QB for a 2nd rounder...all day long.

Okay... got to be positive...

Mularkey is going to run a hybrid of his and Scott Linehan's system - in which Dante excelled...

Frereotte will stay and knows and is friendly with Daunte.

Chambers has wicked skills......

Edited by Duchess Jack

Okay... got to be positive...

Mularkey is going to run a hybrid of his and Scott Linehan's system - in which Dante excelled...

Frereotte will stay and knows and is friendly with Daunte.

Chambers has wicked skills......

1368805[/snapback]

Plus Ronnie Brown is a very good RB.

I was a huge Daunte fan before his power struggle with Randy about who's team it was, then I was still a fan when he started out struggling last year, I was slightly diappointed when he was part of the Love Boat fiasco, was very disappointed when he got hurt, then pretty shocked when he asked for $10M more guaranteed $$ and down right pissed when he asked to be traded or released. I think MN fans gave him more chances than we should have. BU BYE Daunte get your roll on somewhere else. :D:D:D:D:D