[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

United 93

Goopster24

I dunno if this has been posted already.

United 93 Trailer

This movie is coming out April 28. It's almost five years since the event. They said it's possibly the fastest movie to be based on a tragic event to hit the theaters. How do people feel about this movie? It's gonna be hard to watch it IMO. I still remember that day and the days following very clearly.

To me, it's anything to make money, more than a memorial. I won't go to see this.

1403849[/snapback]

Apparently the writer/director secured the approval of every single victim's family. If they are ok with the movie being made, then I am ok with it too. (it does seem like just a few months ago that the attacks happened though)

(it does seem like just a few months ago that the attacks happened though)

1403872[/snapback]

Seriously. 5 years? Wow.

I don't know how I feel about the idea of this movie. I mean - no one really knows what happened, right?

Definitely won't be going to the theatre for this one.

One New York City theater already pulled the trailer.

Universal stands by "United 93" movie trailer By Bob Tourtellotte

5 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Universal Pictures is standing by the promotional trailer for its upcoming 9/11 movie "United 93" despite audience complaints that caused one New York City theater to pull the advertisement off its screens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Universal marketing president Adam Fogelson told Reuters on Tuesday that his team and the film's makers, including director Paul Greengrass, worked closely with the families of victims of the doomed United Airlines flight to ensure the movie and its marketing was sensitive to their concerns.

"We have received numerous e-mails (from family members) saying they appreciated the tone and sensitivity and honesty of the piece that is being presented," Fogelson said.

He added that the movie studio has no plans to change the trailer or make a new one as a substitute.

"United 93" depicts events on the hijacked flight that crashed in the Pennsylvania countryside on September 11 after other airliners hit the Pentagon and the World Trade Center towers in New York.

The trailer shows news footage of the burning towers while a passenger on board Flight 93 reveals a bomb strapped around his middle, and other passengers vow to fight back. The movie will begin playing at theaters around the U.S. on April 28.

The trailer caused complaints at the AMC Loews Lincoln Square in New York, so the theater decided to pull it. The trailer also is being shown in thousands of U.S. venues, and no other cinema owner has yanked it, according to Universal.

Trailers and other movie advertisements often get pulled by theater owners after audiences complain. Feingold noted, for instance, that last year's hit comedy "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" raised a ruckus in some localities and caused a few theaters to remove its poster from movie house lobbies.

Universal Pictures is a unit of the NBC Universal division of General Electric Co.

Reuters/VNU

I mean - no one really knows what happened, right? 

Definitely won't be going to the theatre for this one.

1403878[/snapback]

Good point - 'poetic license' may occur. I think there may be some killer snakes. Is Samuel L. Jackson starring?

they said that in the movie they do not show the attacks.  It seems to be done in good taste and honor of the vicitims.

1404428[/snapback]

My knee jerk reaction was the same as many above. Then I was thinking how different (morally & accuracy) will a movie about 9/11 be than let's say Pearl Harbor or other tragedies! Just a thought. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Getting very good reviews so far...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/united_93/

1438887[/snapback]

This movie will no doubt be an emotional one to watch, but I almost feel as though it is important to see it. It won't be an easy one though.

9/11 actually brought this nation closer together for a certain amount of time and I'm willing to bet this movie shows nothing less than what American pride is really all about. :D

I don't know how I feel about the idea of this movie.  I mean - no one really knows what happened, right? 

1403878[/snapback]

I hope this doesn't mean you give some amount of credibility to the wacko consipiracy theorists...

I hope this doesn't mean you give some amount of credibility to the wacko consipiracy theorists...

1438911[/snapback]

I think she's referring to the notion that there's no way to ascertain exactly what happened on Flight 93.