[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My granpa is about to retire

polksalet

He retires at 12:00 noon cst. He is 93 and is the oldest grocery worker in the US, has emphysema, prostate cancer, is nearly deaf and blind.

I am going up to buy his lunch.

This does beg the question, why can some people not find jobs?

He retires at 12:00 noon cst. He is 93 and is the oldest grocery worker in the US, has emphysema, prostate cancer, is nearly deaf and blind.

Because they're not really looking.

Talk about a work ethic. 93 years old. We should all wish to live that long and still be able to be active. Congrats dude.

He must be the guy that stocked the shelves in my local store. I walk the entire store three times to fill a small list.

Did he get any kind of early retirement package?

:D although my American dream does not include working until the cancer gets me. My grandfather died two years ago about 5 years short of 93. I wish everyday he were still around. Hope you guys have a great lunch.

I ate 8 pieces of fried chicken, mashed taters and gravy, 4 tomatoes, and about half a gallon of tea. I am crapping like a tied coon.

You should be talkin' to Clubby! :D 8 pieces = 1 chicken!!!!!!!! :D

You should be talkin' to Clubby! :D 8 pieces = 1 chicken!!!!!!!! :D

truthfully it was probably closer to 11 or 12 but I didn't want to seem like a pig. Now I am making some swuash casserole, t-bones on the grill and an ice cold watermelon. I do not deserve to be able to live like this.

:D to your grandfather.

Because there are too many old fawkers who continue to work past retirement age and cannot be fired because they're in a protected class? :D

Props to grandpa but it does beg another question..."Why don't people properly prepare for retirement so they don't have to work until they're 93"? :D

I mean the dude is stealing a job that many immigrants expect to be theirs. :D

He told me once "Rosie O'Donnell quit or retire, its the same thing".

DO you guys wonder why I am so hard core? Heck, he spent the last year of WWII emptying bedpans.