[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ditka's - Chicago

hoopsnakes

Was in Chi-town last weekend. Me and the wife went to Ditka's for dinner and some cocktails. Coach was there with Ron Jaworski. Both guys were shaking hands, signing autographs and taking pictures. I told Ditka my kids loved him in the movie Kicking and Screaming...he said know one has ever told him that before and he bought me a beer for that. Chicago is a great city.

Was in Chi-town last weekend. Me and the wife went to Ditka's for dinner and some cocktails. Coach was there with Ron Jaworski. Both guys were shaking hands, signing autographs and taking pictures. I told Ditka my kids loved him in the movie Kicking and Screaming...he said know one has ever told him that before and he bought me a beer for that. Chicago is a great city.

I've been to Ditka's twice and can't really say anything bad about it. Consistently good.

Cool story. I went to the one in New Orleans but when we got outside it was a little too upscale for our early day buzz and attire. Didn't meet anyone cool there but later that night Stuart Scott bitched me out for using a flash when I stuck my camera in his face for a shot of his drunk arse.

I've been to Ditka's twice and can't really say anything bad about it. Consistently good.

His Poke Chops are the best I ever had. Hugh, stuffed, juicy, and delish!

I've had mixed results there. Had really good salmon once and had a rather mediocre steak another time.

That said, I still really like the place. Especially the cigar bar upstairs.

How many degrees was his eye wandering in the pic?

Inquiring minds need to know.

I'll have to see if I can find the photo album and scan it T. Since most of the pics in there from N.O. are "mature" content my wife seems to keep misplacing it. :wacko:

Where is the one in Chicago located?

Edited by CarryTheRock

I've had mixed results there. Had really good salmon once and had a rather mediocre steak another time.

That said, I still really like the place. Especially the cigar bar upstairs.

I'm sure the cigar bar is gone since Illinois adopted the NO SMOKING anywhere inside law 1/1/2008. :wacko:

I'll have to see if I can find the photo album and scan it T. Since most of the pics in there from N.O. are "mature" content my wife seems to keep misplacing it. :wacko:

Where is the one in Chicago located?

Ditka's...............

Cool story. I went to the one in New Orleans but when we got outside it was a little too upscale for our early day buzz and attire. Didn't meet anyone cool there but later that night Stuart Scott bitched me out for using a flash when I stuck my camera in his face for a shot of his drunk arse.

:D Did you say "BOOYA!" as you took the pic? I surely would have.

I'm sure the cigar bar is gone since Illinois adopted the NO SMOKING anywhere inside law 1/1/2008. :D

:wacko: I don't know, if the law is anything like California's (I'm assuming Cali's is rather tough), there are ways around that....

:D Did you say "BOOYA!" as you took the pic? I surely would have.

:D I don't know, if the law is anything like California's (I'm assuming Cali's is rather tough), there are ways around that....

Not to my knowledge. The law is rock solid, that is:

Private Club?=Not unless it was a Private Club 3 years ago.

A recent article in Minny stated play houses were exempt, so if you "register" as a performer, you can smoke.=In Illinois smoking is NOT allowed in a stage play!

Outdoors has to be 15' from a doorway=really tough to get around, plus they may have put the onus on ALL OUTSIDE Stuff, like ALL THE SPORT VENUES, as you can't smoke anywhere in ANY stadium!

I've talked restaurant owners and those in the know. Bottom line...............NO SMOKING ANYWHERE INSIDE IN ILLINOIS! Outdoor stadiums included. But the freakin' state still gets their freakin' outrageous tax $$$$ on a substance that is legal. :wacko: I understand airplanes, restaurants, offices, etc., but BARS????????????? F' them!

In Vegas as of 1/1/2007 there is no smoking in any area that serves food. So no smoking in the airport...anywhere, but I can go to Bally's, sit on a slot machine that is 2' from the deli and that's OK!!!??? :brew: These laws are bullchit! F'n politicos try to straddle popular opinion. Bullchit!!! And before you anti-smokers post, read my whole post! I'm just tired of the gubment telling me what to do! Ok rant over. :D

Not to my knowledge. The law is rock solid, that is:

Private Club?=Not unless it was a Private Club 3 years ago.

A recent article in Minny stated play houses were exempt, so if you "register" as a performer, you can smoke.=In Illinois smoking is NOT allowed in a stage play!

Outdoors has to be 15' from a doorway=really tough to get around, plus they may have put the onus on ALL OUTSIDE Stuff, like ALL THE SPORT VENUES, as you can't smoke anywhere in ANY stadium!

I've talked restaurant owners and those in the know. Bottom line...............NO SMOKING ANYWHERE INSIDE IN ILLINOIS! Outdoor stadiums included. But the freakin' state still gets their freakin' outrageous tax $$$$ on a substance that is legal. :wacko: I understand airplanes, restaurants, offices, etc., but BARS????????????? F' them!

In Vegas as of 1/1/2007 there is no smoking in any area that serves food. So no smoking in the airport...anywhere, but I can go to Bally's, sit on a slot machine that is 2' from the deli and that's OK!!!??? :D These laws are bullchit! F'n politicos try to straddle popular opinion. Bullchit!!! And before you anti-smokers post, read my whole post! I'm just tired of the gubment telling me what to do! Ok rant over. :brew:

:D

:D I dunno, there's a few places I've been in Cali that have allowed cigar smoking indoors. I'm not sure how/why they were able to do this, but they did. Of course, I've been to places that just let you smoke heaters as much as you want; you just get a ticket if the fuzz comes in. Few places here in TX... same thing.

:wacko:

:D I dunno, there's a few places I've been in Cali that have allowed cigar smoking indoors. I'm not sure how/why they were able to do this, but they did. Of course, I've been to places that just let you smoke heaters as much as you want; you just get a ticket if the fuzz comes in. Few places here in TX... same thing.

Believe me...................the Illinois law is Rock Solid! If I find a diversion, I'll let yall know. Mind you Cali's law is old and Illini law is new. I'm sure these politicos sealed all the loop holes. JMHO! F' these millionaire politicians who have no other skill than being a POLITICIAN! May they burn in hell! These flukcers have no idea what WE, THE PEOPLE, are! They couldn't care less! All they want is to be re-elected. F' them! FWIW...............I am totally sober I just hate the system that we re ALL in! I truly don't think our founding fathers foresaw CAREER POLITICIANS! These mofos couldn't get a jod at Walmart! But...............

Rant over again! :D

Believe me...................the Illinois law is Rock Solid! If I find a diversion, I'll let yall know. Mind you Cali's law is old and Illini law is new. I'm sure these politicos sealed all the loop holes. JMHO! F' these millionaire politicians who have no other skill than being a POLITICIAN! May they burn in hell! These flukcers have no idea what WE, THE PEOPLE, are! They couldn't care less! All they want is to be re-elected. F' them! FWIW...............I am totally sober I just hate the system that we re ALL in! I truly don't think our founding fathers foresaw CAREER POLITICIANS! These mofos couldn't get a jod at Walmart! But...............

Rant over again! :wacko:

i just read in the trib that these tobacco lobbyists are starting to throw some money around sprinfield trying to get them to take another look at the law.

Rant over again! :D

:wacko: preach it brutha . :D

Is there more than one Ditka's in Chicago ?

I was in town last week for 3 days of non-stop work. We went to Weber Grill and Wildfire, both of which were excellent. On my cab ride from the airport to the hotel we went past Ditka's.

I'll be making several trips to Chicago this year, so, I'll probably check it out eventually.

i just read in the trib that these tobacco lobbyists are starting to throw some money around sprinfield trying to get them to take another look at the law.

I read the same article. I don't think it will change until Blowgoiabisch is out of office, in jail (which I think will happen) or both. And more than likely it will never change.

I was in town last week for 3 days of non-stop work. We went to Weber Grill and Wildfire, both of which were excellent. On my cab ride from the airport to the hotel we went past Ditka's.

I'll be making several trips to Chicago this year, so, I'll probably check it out eventually.

Did you stay in the City or in OakBrook. I only know of 2, one in the city were RR posted the address and the one on 22nd street in Oakbrook. And that is right near a Wildfire....excellent Martini's I hear. Anyway, hope this helps.

There is also one on 22nd street in OakBrook

Did you stay in the City or in OakBrook. I only know of 2, one in the city were RR posted the address and the one on 22nd street in Oakbrook. And that is right near a Wildfire....excellent Martini's I hear. Anyway, hope this helps.

Ditka's #2.......

Plus his wine is pretty dam good also!

We stay in Oakbrook Terrace, which is between our Chicago and Burr Ridge plants. That is the one I passed. Thanks for the info.