[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Conference NFC or AFC?

rattsass

AFC/NFC  

43 members have voted

1. 1. who is better

• NFC
    • AFC

I am interested in seeing what the consensus is here. It seems to me that with the Giants slaying the mighty Patriots in the SB, and then the level of play displayed during the course of this season, that at this point the balance of power has shifted to the NFC. This seems obvious to me after watching hundreds of games this year. Am I in the minority here? What is your opinion?

Of course, all of this is meaningless with all the coaching and personnel changes we will be looking at an entirely new reality next year. But I am looking for your report card on the league from what we have seen over the last year.

Edited by rattsass

I am interested in seeing what the consensus is here. It seems to me that with the Giants slaying the mighty Patriots in the SB, and then the level of play displayed during the course of this season, that at this point the balance of power has shifted to the NFC. This seems obvious to me after watching hundreds of games this year. Am I in the minority here? What is your opinion?

Of course, all of this is meaningless with all the coaching and personnel changes we will be looking at an entirely new reality next year. But I am looking for your report card on the league from what we have seen over the last year.

The Panthers had a shot also if it wasn't for Kasay's kickoff going out of bounds in the Super Bowl.

Edited by WaterMan

Voted AFC, as I think there are more playoff-caliber teams in that conference. Even though you could make the argument that either the NFC East or NFC South was the best division in football, top to bottom, the NFC West (outside of AZ) was brutal, and the NFC North not much better. The Vikings were the weakest team in the playoffs, in my opinion, with Miami probably second. There were some DECENT teams left out of the post-season in both conferences... Jets, Patriots, and Denver in the AFC, and Dallas and Tampa in the NFC. On the other hand, another way of looking at it is teams that are truly BAD:

NFC - Detroit, St. Louis, and maybe Seattle.

AFC - KC, Oakland, Cleveland, and probably Cincinatti.

So, the AFC actually has more really bad teams as well, although Detroit's season this year should count double. :D Overall, I think the balance of power is about as even as it's been in a while, but I still lean towards the AFC, simply because they have more decent to good teams. In fact, going into the playoffs, I could see any of the six in the AFC winning it all, while I thought only three NFC teams had a chance to make it to the SB (Arizona not included). :wacko:

Interconference play since 2001

for 2008: 34-29-1 (531) SB champ NFC

for 2007: 32-32 (.500) SB Champ AFC

for 2006: 40-24 (.625) SB Champ AFC

for 2005: 34-30 (.531) SB Champ AFC

for 2004: 44-20 (.688) SB Champ AFC

for 2003: 34-30 (.531) SB Champ NFC

for 2002: 34-26 (.567) SB Champ AFC

for 2001: 30-30 (.500) SB Champ AFC

you have to go back to 1995 to find a winning record for the NFC in inter-league play

The AFC had won 6-8 of the last superbowls. You can make all the assumptions you want, but the facts speak for themselves.

Interconference play since 2001

for 2008: 34-29-1 (531) SB champ NFC

for 2007: 32-32 (.500) SB Champ AFC

for 2006: 40-24 (.625) SB Champ AFC

for 2005: 34-30 (.531) SB Champ AFC

for 2004: 44-20 (.688) SB Champ AFC

for 2003: 34-30 (.531) SB Champ NFC

for 2002: 34-26 (.567) SB Champ AFC

for 2001: 30-30 (.500) SB Champ AFC

you have to go back to 1995 to find a winning record for the NFC in inter-league play

The AFC had won 6-8 of the last superbowls. You can make all the assumptions you want, but the facts speak for themselves.

Yeah, that is all well and good. I think most of us are aware that the AFC has been the dominant conference. This poll does not concern who has been the best over the last decade. That is a given. The point is who has been the best for the last year, and is the NFC overtaking the AFC. That is the question I am asking.

it isnt fair since the NFC has the Lions...if this were a pickup game it would be like that Altell commercial where they pick the old guy with the walker over the AT&T, Verizon guys(= the lions) etc....actually this gives me an idea....we should do a pick em prior to next season putting teams into 2 conferences and see which comes out with more wins :wacko:

Edited by keggerz