[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rush is out!

STL Fan

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the comparisons of Barry O to Hitler are outrageous and should stop immediately! At least Hitler was able to bring the Olympics to Berlin! :D

On a different note. I am not a Rush fan or hater. I do not listen to his show. I do think that as an American, if he has the money to do so and there is nothing illegal about the transaction, he should be able to buy whatever the F he wants!

Why does the freedom so many have died to win and protect only belong to the people we agree with from a political perspective? Would we be having this same discussion if Soros was trying to buy the team but only all the roles reversed? :wacko:

Whatever happened to "MIND YOUR OWN FRICKEN BUSINESS"?

The NFL is a private business, and like the diner or gas station they have a sign that says they reserve the RIGHT to refuse anyone service.

Rush has a complete right to freedom of speech.

But it doesn't come free of consequences.

Wanna make racist statements about NFL players to boost your TV/Radio career? Well, that might work -- just don't expect to be welcomed with open arms when you want to own part of an NFL team in the future.

SImple as that. :wacko:

Rush has a complete right to freedom of speech.

But it doesn't come free of consequences.

Wanna make racist statements about NFL players to boost your TV/Radio career? Well, that might work -- just don't expect to be welcomed with open arms when you want to own part of an NFL team in the future.

SImple as that. :wacko:

+1. Can't say I support the anger against him buying the Rams, but with all the fame/money he gets from saying what he says, he also has to take the bad. Suck it up Rush.

On a different note. I am not a Rush fan or hater. I do not listen to his show. I do think that as an American, if he has the money to do so and there is nothing illegal about the transaction, he should be able to buy whatever the F he wants!
We all should have no problem with folks buying whatever they want, just as we all should have no problem when a business decides, for whatever reason, not to sell it's product, or a business venture group decides, again, for whatever reason, to change it's make up.

Here in America the owner / operator gets to determine how they run their business. Business capital venture groups get to determine the make up that best gives them the chance of achieving their end goal.

This is the way the free market works.

Don't like it?

Move.....

*Disclaimer*

Even though I quoted & responded to your post in particular McBoog, this goes out to all whining about Rush's consumer rights being somehow violated.

This is a very sincere question. Are those of you debating me at this point not concerned that the country is in jeopardy?

I am extremely concerned for my country.

I never knew there were so many wackos & just how far out in left right field they are.

I honestly fear these wack jobs might do something detrimental to my country, ala Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph etc...etc...etc...

We all should have no problem with folks buying whatever they want, just as we all should have no problem when a business decides, for whatever reason, not to sell it's product, or a business venture group decides, again, for whatever reason, to change it's make up.

Here in America the owner / operator gets to determine how they run their business. Business capital venture groups get to determine the make up that best gives them the chance of achieving their end goal.

This is the way the free market works.

Don't like it?

Move.....

*Disclaimer*

Even though I quoted & responded to your post in particular McBoog, this goes out to all whining about Rush's consumer rights being somehow violated.

I agree with this. My beef is when people call the people who listen to rush racists and hate mongers, because I consider myself neither. I don't listen to Rush very much at all but I do catch him now and then but for the most part I think he's obnoxious.

Edited by tosberg34

I agree with this. My beef is when people call the people who listen to rush racists and hate mongers, because I consider myself neither. I don't listen to Rush very much at all but I do catch him now and then but for the most part I think he's obnoxious.
It's called free speech. If you don't like other people exercising their right to free speech by calling Rush listeners racists & hate monger, then you need to do one of two things.

#1.) Stop listening to Rush.

#2.) Move.

Cause I can tell you right now, this country will not be chopping up the Constitution to get rid of Freedom of Speech anytime soon.

It's called free speech. If you don't like other people exercising their right to free speech by calling Rush listeners racists & hate monger, then you need to do one of two things.

#1.) Stop listening to Rush.

#2.) Move.

Cause I can tell you right now, this country will not be chopping up the Constitution to get rid of Freedom of Speech anytime soon.

Okay, now you're just being a jerk-ass. I do not begrudge anyone free speech, moron, so stop acting all high and mighty like you're some defender of freedom. There is nothing wrong with me having an issue with the blanket and ridiculous statements the uninformed (you) make.

You're clearly just and agitator and dbag.

You are all for people excerising their right to free speech (when you express an opinion) but how have a "beef" when other people exercise their right to free speech (ripping Rush and some of his fanatical zealots?)

Kinda seems contradictory . . .. :wacko:

You are all for people excerising their right to free speech (when you express an opinion) but how have a "beef" when other people exercise their right to free speech (ripping Rush and some of his fanatical zealots?)

You're splitting hairs. It's not contradictory. You have issues with what I say and I have issues with what you say. Stop this whole "exercising right to free speech" bull that you and BS (whose apparently is full of it as well) are trying to push. It's a simple disagreement. No one is trying to suppress free speech here so get off the high horse.

Edited by tosberg34

Okay, now you're just being a jerk-ass. I do not begrudge anyone free speech, moron, so stop acting all high and mighty like you're some defender of freedom. There is nothing wrong with me having an issue with the blanket and ridiculous statements the uninformed (you) make.

You're clearly just and agitator and dbag.

Either....

A.) You're wrong & others see exactly what I see.

~ or ~

B.) There's a lot of us agitators and dbags.

See what I mean?

You're splitting hairs. It's not contradictory. You have issues with what I say and I have issues with what you say. Stop this whole "exercising right to free speech" bull that you and BS (whose apparently is full of it as well) are trying to push. It's a simple disagreement. No one is trying to suppress free speech here so get off the high horse.

Sorry that I don't see your point the way you want me to see it.

To me, when something looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, chances are, it's a duck. :wacko:

This is a thread about Rush Limbaugh and the NFL. Try again.

Then what the hell have you been going on for?

In terms of the NFL and Rush, it comes down to this.

The NFL is apolitical by design, for the same reason pro athletes are encouraged to be apolitical. Sponsors don't like politics. Jordan, Tiger, people always wish that these guys would be spokesmen for more than shoes, but they won't because shoes pay the bills and shoes don't want to be linked with one party or another.

That is it. End of story. That is, unless you can point to a number of very high profile left wing talking heads who have been welcomed into league ownership with open arms. But you can't, can you. You can pretend that Sharpton would get a team where Rush wouldn't but that is only speculation, and frankly, poor speculation at that. Because, just because most of the players are black, the majority of the fan base and sponsors still aren't, so they're no more excited about getting into bed with that than they are with Rush.

Anyone capable of simple logic can see this.

Seriously

As for the bit about Rush being courted by the group and being assured that it had been signed off by the highest levels in the league. Says who? Rush? Great, forgive me if I don't take that one to the bank.

How convenient. Rush is reluctant to join because he's weary of the circus that he'd create. Really? Rush doesn't want a media circus about him? But he's assured that everyone who matters is on board. Really? Despite the fact that the NFL has always discouraged political agendas? Then, all of a sudden, the thing gets torpedoed by the nations Obama-fied liberal agenda. How convenient. Because that doesn't fit perfectly into what Rush's shtick has been.

Now, before you myopic fools start regurgitating the same BS you've been spewing, kindly note that I have not asserted that Rush is a racist. Rather that he's a high profile political figure. Can we agree on that much?

Edited by detlef

Can we sum this whole thing up?

Rush can say exactly what he wants, any time, to whomever he wants. Period. This is his First Amendment right.

The press can report - and comment - on anything they want. Period. This is their First Amendment right.

Those who are critical of Rush's verbiage can also comment on him. Period. This is their First Amendment right.

The NFL can, as a private organization, limit their membership to whomever they want.

Those who band together to purchase something can include or exclude whomever they want (or don't).

What we shouldn't, IMO, fall for is that this is some giant conspiracy. Rush has based his entire career on playing the victim and persuading others that they are victims too. In this, he is closer to the likes of Al Sharpton than he is to traditional conservatives. This whole episode is of hugh benefit to him, nor detriment.

Then what the hell have you been going on for?

In terms of the NFL and Rush, it comes down to this.

The NFL is apolitical by design, for the same reason pro athletes are encouraged to be apolitical. Sponsors don't like politics. Jordan, Tiger, people always wish that these guys would be spokesmen for more than shoes, but they won't because shoes pay the bills and shoes don't want to be linked with one party or another.

That is it. End of story. That is, unless you can point to a number of very high profile left wing talking heads who have been welcomed into league ownership with open arms. But you can't, can you. You can pretend that Sharpton would get a team where Rush wouldn't but that is only speculation, and frankly, poor speculation at that. Because, just because most of the players are black, the majority of the fan base and sponsors still aren't, so they're no more excited about getting into bed with that than they are with Rush.

Anyone capable of simple logic can see this.

Seriously

As for the bit about Rush being courted by the group and being assured that it had been signed off by the highest levels in the league. Says who? Rush? Great, forgive me if I don't take that one to the bank.

How convenient. Rush is reluctant to join because he's weary of the circus that he'd create. Really? Rush doesn't want a media circus about him? But he's assured that everyone who matters is on board. Really? Despite the fact that the NFL has always discouraged political agendas? Then, all of a sudden, the thing gets torpedoed by the nations Obama-fied liberal agenda. How convenient. Because that doesn't fit perfectly into what Rush's shtick has been.

Now, before you myopic fools start regurgitating the same BS you've been spewing, kindly note that I have not asserted that Rush is a racist. Rather that he's a high profile political figure. Can we agree on that much?

Very well said. . . .

Now where is lady hawk and the other perspective when you need it?

Very well said. . . .

Now where is lady hawk and the other perspective when you need it?

Thanks, but it's actually been said and ignored by about a dozen of us already in this thread. Can't see why this time will be any more effective. Why bother with reason when myopia's just so damned tasty.

Thanks, but it's actually been said and ignored by about a dozen of us already in this thread. Can't see why this time will be any more effective. Why bother with reason when myopia's just so damned tasty.

I remember most of those comments . . I think I actually wrote one too . . .

I think we need one on each page as a common sense reminder . . .:wacko:

No, She's a representative from my state and everyone is shocked she actually won a second time. That's what happens in three party races with three weak candidates. Saying things like members of congress should be investigated for anti-american bias.. including the president. Then says how she's going to comit a crime by ignoring the census cause Acorn is out to get her, even Beck cut her off on his show cause her ranting was getting so looney. Or sponsoring bills to have intelligent design in the class room. She is a disgrace on our fine state and the voters will show that in the next election because most Minnesotans find someone who thinks dinosaurs were around a few thousand years ago unfit to lead us.

Back on topic, Rush is a major fatty.

Seriously. You seriously wrote this? In your state, in a three party race, with the help of Acorn, you elected Al Franken as a Senator.

Edited by Lady.hawke