[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rush is out!

STL Fan

Actually he doesn't, he's been accused of such by a liberal media and race hustlers like Al Sharpton, but the quotes attributed to him about slavery are false. Sharpton calling someone a racist is completely ridiculous in the first place.

Actually, he does. The one quote you're referring to is from a book that has no clear source for the quote. Rush has figured out that if he denies he said it, there is no way to prove him wrong. Even if he didn't say it, there is plenty of other evidence and lots of other quotes he can't deny that prove the point.

I completely agree with your comment on Sharpton, however.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis impacted the game in ways most have forgotten about. Rush spews racist crap. BIG difference.

Great, so we'll let people that electrocute and torture animals participate, but make a stupid, ignorant comment and you're banned for life. What a country we're becoming. :wacko:

It's a shame....this decision by Chekkets is the result of a 23 year long smear campaign of Rush Limbaugh. The overall perception of Rush by the general public has been so tainted they had to separate themselves from him.

Rush is arguabley the #1 target of all time of the Left Wing motus-operandi when it comes to people on the other side of the Political isle with whom they disagree - Personally attack, smear, defame and destroy their character, rather than debate him on the issues. And you Rush haters who eat up all the false, fake, made up "racist" quotes he has supposedly uttered - millions of you are the end result. You hate him because your told to hate him, because you want to hate him - but you know next to nothing about him. How about listening to the man yourselves instead of believing all the smears, out-of-context quotes and lies cooked up by people on TV, in the newspaper and on the internet who are paid to destroy him. Politics is a shameless, heartless, soulless cut-throat sport, Rush has been THE most powerful push back against the Democrat Party/Liberal agenda of the last 20 years - do the math.

The McNabb comment - not racist, just politically incorrect.

The "slavery had it's merits" comment - Fake, he never said it.

Edited by PPIchamp

It's a shame....this decision by Chekkets is the result of a 23 year long smear campaign of Rush Limbaugh. The overall perception of Rush by the general public has been so tainted they had to separate themselves from him.

Rush is arguabley the #1 target of all time of the Left Wing motus-operandi when it comes to people on the other side of the Political isle with whom they disagree - Personally attack, smear, defame and destroy their character, rather than debate him on the issues. And you Rush haters who eat up all the false, fake, made up "racist" quotes he has supposedly uttered - millions of you are the end result. You hate him because your told to hate him, because you want to hate him - but you know next to nothing about him. How about listening to the man yourselves instead of believing all the smears, out-of-context quotes and lies cooked up by people on TV, in the newspaper and on the internet who are paid to destroy him. Politics is a shameless, heartless, soulless cut-throat sport, Rush has been THE most powerful push back against the Democrat Party/Liberal agenda of the last 20 years - do the math.

+100

Exactly. :wacko:

It's a shame....this decision by Chekkets is the result of a 23 year long smear campaign of Rush Limbaugh.

Sounds like the Chekkets, as a private business entity, made a sound financial decision. If your bravado is real maybe you should write the Checketts and tell them how you feel.

If that doesn't work contact your local representatives and ask them to have a congressional hearing. That would be the ironic, dontcha think?

Edited by bushwacked

+101

Exactly.

Just to set the record straight here.

Neither the NFL nor the NFL owners, stopped Rush from owing a team. Wrong! Comments by Godell and other owners as well as the NFLPA and dumbasses like Sharpton gave the Checketts no choice.

It was the Checketts business group, of which Rush was going to be a minority stakeholder, that jettisoned him & purely for business reasons. See above

Specifically....www.bloomberg.com

Basically if Rush didn't wear his racist, political & ideological views on his sleeve so vehemently & publicly, I don't think he would have been an issue for the business group. Racist is your opinion. And... "wearing his political and idealogical views on his sleeve", puhleeeaze, that's his F'n job!!!!!

But I think with todays wide spread media accessibility, we have reached an age of accountability. There was no way for Mr Limbaugh to hide his many rants which the majority of American citizens find to be highly offensive. He is far too much of a polarizing figure to be palatable to mainstream America and he is now reaping the fruits of his labors. Please cite your sources in regards to him being "highly offensive" to a "majority of Americans". And by the way, the "fruits of his labor" are more than you, your family and your families family will ever earn. I guess that's because the "majority of Americans" are "highly offended" by his "racist, political, and idealogical views". I'm sure if Olberman wanted in on a pro team, you'd be welcoming it with open arms.

You Rush apologists are a real hoot. :D

I have yet to see anyone in this thread apologize for Rush.

Explain / try-to-explain = yes

Say "I'm sorry that he did/said ____" = no

...what is an apologist again?

:wacko:

:D

Edited by muck

I have yet to see anyone in this thread apologize for Rush.

Explain / try-to-explain = yes

Say "I'm sorry that he did/said ____" = no

...what is an apologist again?

:wacko:

:D

Heckuva job there Mucker.

What is is is?

Edited by bushwacked

No, you people believe him and all his attacks and smears on the other side because that's what you're told to do, so there. And even if you take out the quote he now denies saying about slavery, there is still a huge archive of things he can't deny that show his true colors.

And by the way "Left Wing motus-operandi" makes me laugh. You should look up words you don't know before you use them. :wacko:

It would be great if this thread wouldn't devolve into petty political squables because then we are going to resort to name calling and all sorts of stuff and I'd rather not do that. I get enough of that at home (not name calling but rather more heated arguments) as my wife and I are pretty much on the opposite ends of the political spectrum - at least our kids will be well balanced.

It's easy to get mean very fast when the person is sitting 2000 miles away. If you're going to say something then say it as if the person were standing in front of you. You can disagree with someone without insulting them.

It would be great if this thread wouldn't devolve into petty political squables because then we are going to resort to name calling and all sorts of stuff and I'd rather not do that. I get enough of that at home (not name calling but rather more heated arguments) as my wife and I are pretty much on the opposite ends of the political spectrum - at least our kids will be well balanced.

It's easy to get mean very fast when the person is sitting 2000 miles away. If you're going to say something then say it as if the person were standing in front of you. You can disagree with someone without insulting them.

I agree. In my reply I was trying to show the immaturity of the attack against those of us who aren't Rush fans. He was blasting us for smearing Rush by, of course, smearing us. I usually don't take the bait on stuff like that, but when it's that ridiculous, it's tough.

I agree. In my reply I was trying to show the immaturity of the attack against those of us who aren't Rush fans. He was blasting us for smearing Rush by, of course, smearing us. I usually don't take the bait on stuff like that, but when it's that ridiculous, it's tough.

Rush sells hate. Those who hate buy. Therefore it is not a surprise when you see his minions react the way they do when poor Rush has been "put upon."

Rush can play the victim now so it all worked out just as he wished. Everyone can calm down now.

Rush sells hate. Those who hate buy. Therefore it is not a surprise when you see his minions react the way they do when poor Rush has been "put upon."

Rush can play the victim now so it all worked out just as he wished. Everyone can calm down now.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Calling people who listen to Rush hate mongers is an over reaction. And your Black Helicopter theories are simalirily an overreaction as well.

I personally don't care for Rush (I think he's too obnoxious most of the time) but I do believe he makes some good points. And you're overlooking the larger fact that he has MILLIONS of listeners. Ask yourself WHY he has so many listeners. Is it because they are all racist hate mongers? Or does it have to do more with the fact that they don't like the direction the current administration is moving the country in? Or the constant barrage of left leaning attacks on conservative values?

Calling millions of people who disagree with you "hate mongers" simply because they don't agree with you is disingenuous.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Calling people who listen to Rush hate mongers is an over reaction. And your Black Helicopter theories are simalirily an overreaction as well.

I personally don't care for Rush (I think he's too obnoxious most of the time) but I do believe he makes some good points. And you're overlooking the larger fact that he has MILLIONS of listeners. Ask yourself WHY he has so many listeners. Is it because they are all racist hate mongers? Or does it have to do more with the fact that they don't like the direction the current administration is moving the country in? Or the constant barrage of left leaning attacks on conservative values?

Calling millions of people who disagree with you "hate mongers" simply because they don't agree with you is disingenuous.

I used to go to church and my pastor pimped out Rush because he was hand and hand with the Conservative movement. I bet many of those MILLIONS of listeners also are religous.

I used to go to church and my pastor pimped out Rush because he was hand and hand with the Conservative movement. I bet many of those MILLIONS of listeners also are religous.

And millions aren't. What's your point?

So you had a poor pastor. Doesn't mean s$%t.

And millions aren't. What's your point?

So you had a poor pastor. Doesn't mean s$%t.

Actually it means that many of his listeners are herded to his radio channel. Add race and fear to that and you've got success.

Edited by WaterMan

So glad that this great crisis is over. Once again we see just how important free speech is to all of us-that is until someones says something that we disagree with.

Nobody here is saying that Rush is not free to say whatever he likes. We also have the right to criticize him. See, it works both ways. He's free to be an idiot, and I'm free to call him one.