[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawk Camp

devilwoman

Good report. I like when camp opens.

This week, last week and week one of regular season, it appears to me only Hass and Alexander should end up draft candidates on my cheat sheet (in our flex system, 2WR start).

Hawks ARE deep, with upper mid tier and better performers D. Jackson, B. Engram, J. Pathon , J. Jurevicious, B.Shaw (and serviceable breather guys in Hackett and Taco), that WILL compliment and boost the teams production, but may be too deep to hold value as fantasy starters.

Nice group Hawks have assembled, and they may actually applaud #81(B.Shaw) this year?

The Seahawks will still be soft. Tougher, but still soft. They've still got one more bad egg (37) that they need to get rid of. There should be a marked improvement in toughness and attitude this season however because of the losses of the other two.

Darrell Jackson is going to have a great year. last year he got 87 catches. The only problem though with out Koren Robinson other teams can now cover Jackson better by putting double coverafe on him and not have to worry as much about giving up a big play. But Darrell Jackson Is a great WR to have on your team.

Will the Seahawks still be soft?  Or will they develop some toughness, both mental and physical?  I think that is their biggest question mark...

903351[/snapback]

The Hawks are going to have a lot of fire going into this season. With a lot of confidence that were gonna win the division again. I think Marcus Trufant and Michael Boulware will make big plays for the D. Grant Wistrom will also add some leadership to the D along with those guys. The Hawks didnt have any fire last year, they were just playing the game but it didnt seem like they put their hearts into it. This is going to be a great season for the Hawks.

The Seahawks will still be soft.  Tougher, but still soft.  They've still got one more bad egg (37) that they need to get rid of.  There should be a marked improvement in toughness and attitude this season however because of the losses of the other two.

903402[/snapback]

The Seahawks Success this season lies upon the shoulders of Shaun Alexander. What are you talking about a bad egg? He is a great player that likes to win and we arent gonna win if we dont give him the ball. He can get the job done for us. AHH some of things you say about Alexander just...

The Seahawks Success this season lies upon the shoulders of Shaun Alexander. What are you talking about a bad egg? He is a great player that likes to win and we arent gonna win if we dont give him the ball. He can get the job done for us. AHH some of things you say about Alexander just...

903435[/snapback]

Shaun Alexander is NOT a great player. Shaun Alexander does not care about winning as much as his personal agenda. I do not doubt AT ALL that he will have another fabulous statistical season in Seattle this year. The downside to Shaun is the reflection his attitude sends to the rest of the team. By Shaun (and Koren and Simmons) not being a team-first guy--even though he is looked to by younger guys to be a leader, the attitude rubs off on younger players who will then think this isn't a team worth dying for---which ultimately affects your whole culture of winning and could have a lasting impact. If were to cut Shaun today, would we get more rushing yards this year---no. By next year however, the attitude and hunger of this team would be incredibly improved over the level of the last 3 years of this Shaun era. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win football games. Not with rushing records.

Will the Seahawks still be soft?  Or will they develop some toughness, both mental and physical?  I think that is their biggest question mark...

903351[/snapback]

I don't think it is a matter of being soft. Believe the 'Hawks are both mentally and physically tough. The problem is 'fire'. They don't come out of the locker room fired up. They don't play the game as a life or death situation that they must win. After half-time you can see them come out... I don't know... guess you could say almost deflated. There is just no fire.

What they need is inspiration, a new attitude, and a coach that can supply that stuff. Not sure what the current coach says to them but you can almost bet it is more demoralizing than it is uplifting. He doesn't inspire anyone to do anything, much less inspire players to play at their absolute best. Guy is a wet dishrag when it comes to jacking up someone to play and keeping them there.

On the other hand... could just be the NW. People are a bit more laid back than they are in other areas of the country and the laid back is an almost uncaring attitude about being the best. Maybe this 'laid-back-ness' is some kind of virus that just attacks people that come here and when you move on it goes away, because you sure do see a lot of sports people do much much better once they are no longer up here. :D

They will probably win the division. Not because they are real good, but because everyone else is so bad. However, they won't go anywhere in the playoffs if they do.

Alexander will have another Alexander year.... but he won't beat last years stats.

Jackson will have a good year... but will probably still drop a lot of balls he should catch.

Hass will probably have pretty much the same stats as last year too.

In fact... the whole season will probably be a repeat of last year with the exception of Koren not being around to cause distraction.

Think it all boils down to: The 'Hawks are just going through the motions. Sometimes it's good enough to win, and sometimes it isn't.

Shaun Alexander made ONE bad comment after losing the NFL rushing title by one yard, and suddenly, you are comparing him to a criminal like Koren Robinson??? If Shaun were truly a greedy, selfish player, he would still be holding out. Instead, he came to a one year agreement with the Hawks, and is in training camp. Heck, EMMITT SMITH held out of camp, AND missed two regular season games one year. Does that mean Emmitt was a selfish football player??

Shaun Alexander made ONE bad comment after losing the NFL rushing title by one yard, and suddenly, you are comparing him to a criminal like Koren Robinson???  If Shaun were truly a greedy, selfish player, he would still be holding out.  Instead, he came to a one year agreement with the Hawks, and is in training camp.  Heck, EMMITT SMITH held out of camp, AND missed two regular season games one year.  Does that mean Emmitt was a selfish football player??

903467[/snapback]

YES.

I honestly believe the coming out flat thing was more about the players than the coach. For the last time, Shaun's freaking comments about the rushing title matter zero!!!!! The fans don't friggin care!!! They wanted the rushing title more than he did and were just as pissed off!!!

Shaun was condemned in this town long before he chased a rushing title. Shaun plays hard when he wants to. Its amazing to watch him on a game to game basis. He truly takes games off. He is the one that goes through the motions. You should see him when he's got something to run for, it's like night and day. When he wants to run hard, 5 guys can't wrestle him to the ground.....when he's cruising, one slight arm tackle from a corner sends him directly to his knees. Hawks fans are now taking it a bit personally that we backed him so heavily and he obviously doesn't play very hard all that often. We've seen what he can do when he tries, he just chooses not to.

camp update

905776[/snapback]

Actually, there was a great interview with Alexander yesterday on KJR. He really sounded positive & upbeat, & seemed to be energized by what was going on in camp. I really like what I'm seeing so far...

For the last time, Shaun's freaking comments about the rushing title matter zero!!!!!  The fans don't friggin care!!!  They wanted the rushing title more than he did and were just as pissed off!!! 

905584[/snapback]

Speak for yourself. Had Holmgren given him the ball on the goal line in that game and had he been stuffed again, Seattle fans would have boo-ed the coach for not going for the win. Bank on that.

Actually, there was a great interview with Alexander yesterday on KJR. He really sounded positive & upbeat, & seemed to be energized by what was going on in camp. I really like what I'm seeing so far...

905786[/snapback]

For those who care, this interview will be replayed this am at 10:50 on KJR 950 radio in Seattle, also avail streamed from their website.

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind. The interview got bumped due to breaking news (Mariners P Franklin popped for steroid use) :doah:

Edited by Bonehand

Speak for yourself. Had Holmgren given him the ball on the goal line in that game and had he been stuffed again, Seattle fans would have boo-ed the coach for not going for the win. Bank on that.

905916[/snapback]

I wanted that rushing title for Alexander as much as he did. I would have loved to see Holmgren give Alexander the ball more. with our O line Alexander isnt getting stuffed. He got us down the whole feild and doesnt get the TD. ? anyways I told everyone theres still a long term contract coming. "BANK ON THAT"

Shaun Alexander is NOT a great player.  Shaun Alexander does not care about winning as much as his personal agenda.  I do not doubt AT ALL that he will have another fabulous statistical season in Seattle this year.  The downside to Shaun is the reflection his attitude sends to the rest of the team.  By Shaun (and Koren and Simmons) not being a team-first guy--even though he is looked to by younger guys to be a leader, the attitude rubs off on younger players who will then think this isn't a team worth dying for---which ultimately affects your whole culture of winning and could have a lasting impact.  If were to cut Shaun today, would we get more rushing yards this year---no.  By next year however, the attitude and hunger of this team would be incredibly improved over the level of the last 3 years of this Shaun era.  And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win football games.  Not with rushing records.

903462[/snapback]

Finally some common sense regarding the birds. Between this and what Sky says hits it all right on the mark.

I wanted that rushing title for Alexander as much as he did. I would have loved to see Holmgren give Alexander the ball more. with our O line Alexander isnt getting stuffed. He got us down the whole feild and doesnt get the TD.  ? anyways I told everyone theres still a long term contract coming. "BANK ON THAT"

907546[/snapback]

Alexander was stuffed on the goal line earlier in that game.

1-1-ATL1 (3:47) S.Alexander left guard to ATL 1 for no gain (C.Lavalais, C.Hall)

Again, had he been stuffed when it counted in the 4th, Holmgren would have lost his last handful of fans, by not winning the game.

And just for kicks, this would be the play in which Shaun could have continued down the field to gain the yards neccessary for the rushing title.

1-10-50  (6:19) S.Alexander left tackle pushed ob at ATL 21 for 29 yards (C.Hall).

What they need is inspiration, a new attitude, and a coach that can supply that stuff. Not sure what the current coach says to them but you can almost bet it is more demoralizing than it is uplifting. He doesn't inspire anyone to do anything, much less inspire players to play at their absolute best. Guy is a wet dishrag when it comes to jacking up someone to play and keeping them there.

903464[/snapback]

:D:D:D

That sums it up right there.

I hold out that Paul Allen finally stepping in to get between Holmgren and Whitsitt might be a positive sign that he does actually give a crap about this team.

I don't think it is a matter of being soft. Believe the 'Hawks are both mentally and physically tough. The problem is 'fire'. They don't come out of the locker room fired up. They don't play the game as a life or death situation that they must win. After half-time you can see them come out... I don't know... guess you could say almost deflated. There is just no fire.

On the other hand... could just be the NW. People are a bit more laid back than they are in other areas of the country and the laid back is an almost uncaring attitude about being the best. Maybe this 'laid-back-ness' is some kind of virus that just attacks people that come here and when you move on it goes away, because you sure do see a lot of sports people do much much better once they are no longer up here.  :D

They will probably win the division. Not because they are real good, but because everyone else is so bad. However, they won't go anywhere in the playoffs if they do.

Alexander will have another Alexander year.... but he won't beat last years stats.

Jackson will have a good year... but will probably still drop a lot of balls he should catch.

Hass will probably have pretty much the same stats as last year too.

In fact... the whole season will probably be a repeat of last year with the exception of Koren not being around to cause distraction.

Think it all boils down to: The 'Hawks are just going through the motions. Sometimes it's good enough to win, and sometimes it isn't.

903464[/snapback]

I agree with what you are saying Sky. Maybe more fire as opposed to not being soft is a better why to characterize what is lacking with this team. I agree with your assesment here...