[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts in Tokyo

CaptainHook

well from seattle to seoul, which im sure is the route they took takes 12 hours, i watched 4 movies and ate 3 meals and some snacks...but im sure thier food and drink is much better than my coach class united airline flight

Why can't the NFL have a preseason game in a US city with out a professional team? I'm with Hook on this one, there is no way I want to travel 16 hours in a plane to play a game in front of people who probably do not even watch the NFL. :D

Why can't the NFL have a preseason game in a US city with out a professional team?

907588[/snapback]

Well, they are having the Superbowl in Detroit this year so I guess they thought that was enough... :D

I was just thinking, they flew out of Indy around 3 o'clock this afternoon.  It's a 16 HOUR flight.  Right now, they are only a little over half way there.  No thanks.

907413[/snapback]

Kinda like getting up a 5am to watch football. Are you going to do it or catch the replay?

Saturday, Aug. 6 Atlanta vs. Indianapolis (ESPN2, 5 a.m. ET)

(Replay: ESPN, 6 p.m. ET)

I was just thinking, they flew out of Indy around 3 o'clock this afternoon.  It's a 16 HOUR flight.  Right now, they are only a little over half way there.  No thanks.

907413[/snapback]

Hey Hook,

I used to actually fly to Hong Kong 3-4 times per year. On the carrier I flew on (Northwest), from wheels up in Indy to wheels down in Hong Kong was 24 full hours.....(including layovers) :D

Indy to Minneapolis (2 hours), Minneapolis to Narita Japan (14 hours), Japan to HK (5 hours). It sounds horrible, however, if you are in business class seats, which I'm assuming that all the NFL players are, it's actually not that bad of a flight.

Business class on an international flight is much different than the first class seats you see when you travel within the US.......All of the business class seats are even wider than normal first class, plus, the seats actually fold down completely flat so you can actually sleep, and each seat has their own personal video monitor with a boatload of movies to watch if you can't sleep.

So I'm sure these guys will be takin care of!!!!

There were some pictures of the guys in flight on colts.com. Supposedly the Colts only had a 14-16 hour flight. Manning said the players were told the best way to avoid jet lag was to stay awake the whole flight and sleep when they got there, since it would be late. Still, they are only going to be there a little over 4 days. I would think your "clock" would be pretty confused.

There were some pictures of the guys in flight on colts.com.  Supposedly the Colts only had a 14-16 hour flight.  Manning said the players were told the best way to avoid jet lag was to stay awake the whole flight and sleep when they got there, since it would be late.  Still, they are only going to be there a little over 4 days.  I would think your "clock" would be pretty confused.

912562[/snapback]

Since they are only going to Japan, that would only be the 14 - 16 so that is accurate. I tacked on 6 hours to make it to HK. But it's true what they said.......I've tried both ways. Sleeping as much as possible and staying away the entire time.

Staying awake is the best option, and then as you land, take a couple of Tylenol PM's and knock yourself out for 8 - 10 hours, and get up.

Your internal clock does get messed up, but if you stay awake the entire trip & get 8 hours in.......the first few days are not that bad, then around day 4 it usually hits you and your internal clock can't be fooled any more..........So when you go over there, you need to only do it for a few days or plan on staying 2-3 weeks.....I've unfortunately done both......