[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Even in Pre-Season Manning is still.............

Big Score 1

1-10-ATL18 (8:33) E.James up the middle to ATL 11 for 7 yards (E.Hartwell).

2-3-ATL11 (7:54) P.Manning pass incomplete to M.Harrison.

PENALTY on ATL, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at ATL 11 - No Play.

1-6-ATL6 (7:40) E.James left tackle to ATL 2 for 4 yards (E.Hartwell).

2-2-ATL2 (11:40) P.Manning pass to T.Walters for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

2nd & 2 from the 2 and it was because of Edge's running & a penalty that got them there from the 18 yard line....so you'd think Manning gives Edge a little Goal to Go Love, right? I mean it's only pre-season and all, so why not throw Edge a bone?

Nope!

Even in pre season Manning's a Greedy Bastage! :D

Seriously though, seeing how the above played out last night with Indy's #1 offensive unit in and how the Indy's O went last year, I'm tweaking my top tier RB rankings just a tad.

Why didn't they hand it off to the fullback, why'd it have to be Edge?

913841[/snapback]

they don't have a fullback

Edge doesn't like the preseason anyway. Manning figured he'd save him from the extra carries.

Manning figured he'd save him from the extra carries.

913869[/snapback]

Now that's a crafty vet move by Manning. Thinking of Edge's well being and all.

Y'know, I bet when they're showering after a tough game, Manning offers to wash those hard to reach spots on Edge's back too.

Manning's such a nice, considerate, thoughtful fellow. :D

Please, please, please lets have another season of "Edge is the 3rd or 4th ranked fantasy RB and I'm going to come to the huddle and whine about Manning throwing for TDs!!"

913973[/snapback]

Ok, I guess.... :D

After last year, I must admit that I'm surprised you asked for it, but since you said please three times, we can do that.

Ready, set, go......

I'm a poor widdle Edge owner and Manning's a Greedy Bastage for taking all the TD's that rightfully belong to me as the Edge owner.......

........Oh woe is me, woe is me :D:D:D

Devil!  Get ouuuuttttttt!!!!!!

913973[/snapback]

:D Edited by Big Score 1

Harrison dropped this td pass from Manning in the endzone...

914139[/snapback]

I saw Javon drop one in the Packers scrimmage last night...he got the right position and all...even both hands on the ball....and it just went right through..

I think come week 1.. we won't be witnessing such blasphemous behaviour...

914139[/snapback]

point?

I saw Javon drop one in the Packers scrimmage last night...he got the right position and all...even both hands on the ball....and it just went right through..

I think come week 1.. we won't be witnessing such blasphemous behaviour...

914141[/snapback]

Not to mention that was pass interference on Walker too!

point?

914164[/snapback]

Well, this thread was about the fact that rather than run when they are inside the 20, Peyton tries to throw it into the endzone. On that play, the Colts were in the redzone and Peyton was throwing for the score as usual. Marvin just let it slip through his fingers. Edge wont be getting alot of love inside the redzone...

While I agree that the Colts will continue to pass in the red zone, the Colts were also missing starting center Jeff Saturday in that game. Left guard Ryan Lilja slid over to play center, a position he'd never played at any level. Back-up left tackle Makoa Freitas played left guard. Right before the TD to Walters, starting LT Tarik Glenn came out of the game with an equipment malfunction. I guess what I'm getting at is they didn't have a lot of beef out there for a goal line run.

But even if all the starters had been in there, Manning still probably would have passed. That play they ran has become their favorite inside the five. I don't blame them, it ALWAYS works.

Edited by CaptainHook

But even if all the starters had been in there, Manning still probably would have passed.  That play they ran has become their favorite inside the five.  I don't blame them, it ALWAYS works.

914190[/snapback]

Well........except for when Manning throws a pick, which isn't that often.

I had Edge in my local last year..... but it didn't make me rape Manning as a selfish player at all. When his team is in the red zone, he leads them to scores. Winning football games is, and will always be more important than who scores. I've never seen Manning as selfish, he does what he has to ...... he gets a TD, and it doesn't mean squat to him who or how it happens.

I had Edge in my local last year..... but it didn't make me rape Manning as a selfish player at all. When his team is in the red zone, he leads them to scores. Winning football games is, and will always be more important than who scores. I've never seen Manning as selfish, he does what he has to ...... he gets a TD, and it doesn't mean squat to him who or how it happens.

914316[/snapback]

:D

914316[/snapback]

Rovers, the last sentence of the 1st post says it all.
Seriously though, seeing how the above played out last night with Indy's #1 offensive unit in and how the Indy's O went last year, I'm tweaking my top tier RB rankings just a tad.

913832[/snapback]

Personally I was curious to see if Indy was going to nut up this year or not and show us that they could play some smash mouth football when / if they wanted to.

If you've watched Indy's O'Line trying to go mano eh` mano (and not just last year, but the last three years or so), you'd know they ain't very good at it. Excellent pass blocking finesse line, but a bust 'em in the chops and move 'em off the ball at the line of scrimmage......uhhh no! They're a bunch of slack jawed pusslys in that respect. I'm honestly left to wonder...if a squirrel crawled up one of the Indy O'lineman's pants...would he die of starvation?

And I'm not even going to get into Indy's play calling on the rare occasions when they do try to punch it in on the ground, from short yardage. A freakin' mushroom has more imagination.

The whole point was, here it is in pre-season, when games don't mean a thing. Teams have the perfect opportunity to work on decencies from the previous year. So, given that chance, what does Indy do? They chose to do what we all know they can do.....Manning pass for a TD. Did they really need to work on that?

Seems to me, not much has changed with the Indy O. It doesn't look like Edge will be all that involved in short yardage and Goal to Go situations and people might want to adjust their Top Tier RB rankings accordingly. While you may not find that news worthy, others might.

The whole "Manning is a Greedy Bastage" thing, is just Schick from last year and it's always followed by a :D .

So come on Francis....lighten up a little will ya..... :D

The whole point was, here it is in pre-season, when games don't mean a thing. Teams have the perfect opportunity to work on decencies from the previous year. So, given that chance, what does Indy do?

914620[/snapback]

While I agree that the Colts will continue to pass in the red zone, the Colts were also missing starting center Jeff Saturday in that game.  Left guard Ryan Lilja slid over to play center, a position he'd never played at any level.  Back-up left tackle Makoa Freitas played left guard.  Right before the TD to Walters, starting LT Tarik Glenn came out of the game with an equipment malfunction.  I guess what I'm getting at is they didn't have a lot of beef out there for a goal line run.

914190[/snapback]

Pass on Edgerrin James at you own peril. loaf, you were crazy to take Priest over Edge!

Edited by CaptainHook

While I agree that the Colts will continue to pass in the red zone, the Colts were also missing starting center Jeff Saturday in that game.  Left guard Ryan Lilja slid over to play center, a position he'd never played at any level.  Back-up left tackle Makoa Freitas played left guard.  Right before the TD to Walters, starting LT Tarik Glenn came out of the game with an equipment malfunction.  I guess what I'm getting at is they didn't have a lot of beef out there for a goal line run.

914190[/snapback]

I understand that Hook, but when those guys were playing last year and the year before and the year before, in real game situations, they still sucked at bust 'em in the chops, smash mouth football.

So why not give the back up O'Linemen some short yardage run blocking work? You ain't gonna get better at something unless ya try.

I stand by my statement;

I'm honestly left to wonder...if a squirrel crawled up one of the Indy O'lineman's pants...would he die of starvation?

914620[/snapback]

I think you are overstating it a bit.

914685[/snapback]

Which part....

The squirrell bit?

~ or ~

They suck at smash mouth mano eh` mano move the pile football?

~ or ~

The complete lack of imaginative play calling on Goal to Go runs?

Personally out of the three, the only one I'm overstating, is the squirrell bit. (I'm pretty sure Indy's O'linemen have nuts :D )