[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams destined to disappoint.

Dirk Digler

Tennessee Titans - Just terrible and will fail to meet the expectation. They will have even more ugly moments this year and will inch closer to an embarrassment.  I've never seen a team with more durabilty issues then this one.

928311[/snapback]

I don't think the expectations were high enough to disappoint...

I'd say the Falcons...

Seems like the Steelers have been the same way for the last decade or so.  :D

928326[/snapback]

2004: 15-1

2003: 6-10

2002: 10-5-1

2001: 13-3

2000: 9-7

1999: 6-10

1998: 7-9

1997: 11-5

1996: 10-6

1995: 11-5

1994: 12-4

3 Total losing season's in the last decade. 7 - 10+ Win Seasons :D

I'm not saying they are bad it just seems like one year they do well and then the next they regress. Granted, they did have a good year last year so... :D

I'm sure Stewart played a pretty big part in that inconstancy.

928364[/snapback]

See stats above. Only two times they really regressed a good bit in the last decade were 2003 and 1998.

Diggler has two g's newbie.

928368[/snapback]

I think he is an alias for Big Red or Trots. He is delusional about the Ravens and can't spell.

Edited by Menudo

See stats above.  Only two times they really regressed a good bit in the last decade were 2003 and 1998.

928372[/snapback]

you're right. i guess 98 and 03 just stick out a bit in my mind. i would argue they took a step backward in 02 from 01. Wasn't that the year their def went from dominating to everyone abusing their corners :D

Buffalo - Despite a great defense, McGahee, Moulds and Evans, I don't see Losman stepping up enough to get the Bills into the playoffs.

Eagles - I think they'll be an OK team with or without TO, but will be a shadow of the '04 team.

Chicago - not sure a lot of people expect a lot, but Muhammad and Benson will not be saviors for this team.

Atlanta - will this be the year people realize that despite his amazing athleticism, Vick will never be the kind of QB that carries a team? I really like Atlanta's D, the Dunn/Duckett punch, but unless they develop a passing game, a seasonal wildcard is about the most they can hope for.

Jacksonville - not a believer in Leftwich. What's up with Taylor and Smith? Any more word on Smith supposedly failing another drug test?

Pittsburgh - Exit Burress, Ward isn't at camp, Staley isn't healthy, the Bus is 109 years old. Roethlisberger's winning percentage takes a serious hit this year.

Miami, Cleveland, Tennessee and the Niners - I don't think most expect much from these teams, so I doubt they'll disappoint. I like Tennessee, so it's hard to watch the train-wreck, but they killed themselves cap-wise.

And my beloved Broncos - I am holding great hopes for them this season, but am aware of their tenuous situation. They need to get the RB situation figured out and soon. Lelie needs to step up in a big way, so does Watts. They face some pretty stiff competition in the AFC West and I don't think importing the entire Cleveland D line does them a lot of good. :D

I can freely admit that I can see where people feel there will be a fall-off for the Steelers this year. I for one know they won't be able to come close to 15 wins. I"m also not naive and I do realize that the Ravens certainly improved themselves and that the Bengals will be better with Palmer's continued development. However, I still see an 11 win season and an AFC North title for the Steelers due to the fact that their defense, which was tops in the NFL last year will get better with a 2nd year under Dick Lebeau, improvement from 2nd year starters Polamalu, Hope, and Haggans. Offensively, they obviously need to get Ward into camp, and I still think that will happen. Their offense line will once again be solid, as Max Starks can step in for Oliver Ross without a problem. Ross was way over-rated. If Cedrick Wilson continues to show what he has been showing in practice, Burrress will not be missed, and this offense will continue to be efficient. Those that worry about Staley's health and Bettis' age just haven't seen enough of Verron Haynes. Haynes has done nothing but good things when given a chance. Anyway, that is my rant :D to defend my team.

My pick for a teams that takes a plunge this year, has been picked by many are the Green Bay Packers. I also look for falls from the New York Jets and Denver Broncos.

Edited by Menudo

I don't know many that feel Atlanta will do anything to begin with, so disappoint me? They will not.

If you are looking at teams disappointing from last year to this year from a record standpoint , I'd put Atlanta on top with Philly and Pitt following them. They collectively had 9 losses last season, i'd bet that that total doubles this year.

I think he is an alias for Big Red or Trots.  He is delusional about the Ravens and can't spell.

928379[/snapback]

I understand why you think of me when hearing a name such as Dirk's, but I would never use an ali-ass.

As for the subject at hand, I can see both the Ravens and Steelers disapointing. With Boller a big ? and the Steelers WRs problems (Plax gone, Ward out) as well as their injured/old RBs, the door may be open for the Bengals and Marvin Lewis to pass both teams.