[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Football cards

Piranha

I bought and 'collected' these for a long period of time throughout

the early 90's, and I am looking to unload them.

Anyone know of a site or a place I can go and put them up for sale?

any collectors out there?

Bad time Piranha, from what I understand the bottom's falling out of the card market.

937552[/snapback]

Newer cards are not making much money, but old cards still make a lot. Trust me, my father had thousands upon thousands of cards that were given to me to sell after his death. I'm selling them on E-Bay and there is still a big market out there.

Newer cards are not making much money, but old cards still make a lot.  Trust me, my father had thousands upon thousands of cards that were given to me to sell after his death.  I'm selling them on E-Bay and there is still a big market out there.

937564[/snapback]

Why wouldn't you hold on to them Menudo?

Newer cards are not making much money, but old cards still make a lot.  Trust me, my father had thousands upon thousands of cards that were given to me to sell after his death.  I'm selling them on E-Bay and there is still a big market out there.

937564[/snapback]

News to me :D Sounds like Ebay is the place to go.

Why wouldn't you hold on to them Menudo?

937571[/snapback]

Well, I asked him that before he died about keeping them. He has an amazing collection. However, my parents don't have much money and never did, and my Dad insisted that when he died, I take the cards and sell them and divide the money 50/50 with my sister. We tried to talk him into going into business with them or selling them himself, but he wanted something to give to his kids, because he and my Mom don't really have much else to their name. I am simply honoring his wishes. It is a lot of work, and is sad to sell them, because he loved collecting, but I am doing what he wanted me to do with them.

P.S. If there are any card collectors on here, PM me. It is an incredible collection.

Both football and baseball, but more football.

Edited by Menudo

Well, I asked him that before he died about keeping them.  He has an amazing collection.  However, my parents don't have much money and never did, and my Dad insisted that when he died, I take the cards and sell them and divide the money 50/50 with my sister.  We tried to talk him into going into business with them or selling them himself, but he wanted something to give to his kids, because he and my Mom don't really have much else to their name.  I am simply honoring his wishes.  It is a lot of work, and is sad to sell them, because he loved collecting, but I am doing what he wanted me to do with them.

P.S.  If there are any card collectors on here, PM me.  It is an incredible collection.

Both football and baseball, but more football.

937594[/snapback]

That makes sense. I was just curious. I'll PM you about the cards.

News to me  :D  Sounds like Ebay is the place to go.

937573[/snapback]

Ebay has done wonders for buyers in the card and comic markets. Since the internet has made it easier for sellers to find the items they need, the prices have majorly dropped (for everything-but-the-classics) in the past 10 years. The supply has become easier for the demand to find...

Ebay has done wonders for buyers in the card and comic markets.  Since the internet has made it easier for sellers to find the items they need, the prices have majorly dropped (for everything-but-the-classics) in the past 10 years.  The supply has become easier for the demand to find...

937662[/snapback]

Football Cards! Sheesh@ What a Geek!

Excuse me, I have to go draft my Fantasy team now....

While we are pimping ourselves out...I had like 150 Danbury mint collectors plates dropped in my lap....a lot of baseball, some Marino, some Lindros and some that are less desirable (Princess Diana and Titantic - H8 Maybe?). I have sold a lot of the baseball on ebay, as well as some wwII plates (all gone). If anyone has an interest - God knows why - PM me.

Edited by Duchess Jack

For better/high value cards, you can get a much higher price if you ahve the professionally rated for condition.

I know www.psacard.com is the website of a reputable company that does this, I'm sure there are others out there now.

938068[/snapback]

IMO, rating cards killed the hobby

For better/high value cards, you can get a much higher price if you ahve the professionally rated for condition.

I know www.psacard.com is the website of a reputable company that does this, I'm sure there are others out there now.

938068[/snapback]

BGS is superior :D

IMO, rating cards killed the hobby

938841[/snapback]

UNLESS...........you opened a pack of Topps Finest BB and picked out a Lebron James Gold Refractor numbered to 25, sent it in to BGS and got a 9.5 grade like i did. CHA...CHING!!! :D:D

I would estimate it being worth around 3-6 grand. Not too shabby!!

Ebay has done wonders for buyers in the card and comic markets.  Since the internet has made it easier for sellers to find the items they need, the prices have majorly dropped (for everything-but-the-classics) in the past 10 years.  The supply has become easier for the demand to find...

937662[/snapback]

Boy you ain't kidding. It has killed the value of my Mad magainze collection. Have every issue #24 (first in magazine format), through #152. They go for about half of what I paid for them back in the 80's rummaging through old card and comic shops. You would think they would have doubled by now, that's a factor of 4, sheesh! Oh well, the real fun was the hunt, so I guess I got what I wanted out of the hobby.

Tom G.

Boy you ain't kidding.  It has killed the value of my Mad magainze collection.  Have every issue #24 (first in magazine format), through #152.  They go for about half of what I paid for them back in the 80's rummaging through old card and comic shops.  You would think they would have doubled by now, that's a factor of 4, sheesh!  Oh well, the real fun was the hunt, so I guess I got what I wanted out of the hobby.

Tom G.

939717[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. now, to me it's just not worth it to keep them.

My biggest posession, an OJ Simpson rookie card in mint cond. (homer).

And I'll probably keep that just for fun.

The rest of them, gone. and I have a ton of marino, elway, etc...

all in mint condition....