[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks

Bonehand

Just got back from the game, Here's a few observations:

Things I liked:

Bobby Engram & Jeremy Stevens looked very good.

Starting D looked more solid than LY with some decent stops in the first half.

I liked seeing the free agents on D making a nice contribution (Darby, Herndon)

Julius Jones seems S C A R Y hard to tackle. Jumpin' over guys, scuttling sideways. Wow. I'm glad the Hawks don't have to face HIM twice a year. (As it is Steven Jackson gives me nightmares...)

Things I didn't like:

Hasslebeck's turnovers.

dropped passes still not solved completely.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic for a good season.

Edited by Bonehand

Just got back from the game, Here's a few observations:

Things I liked:

Bobby Engram & Jeremy Stevens looked very good.

Starting D looked more solid than LY with some decent stops in the first half.

I liked seeing the free agents on D making a nice contribution (Darby, Herndon)

Julius Jones seems S C A R Y hard to tackle. Jumpin' over guys, scuttling sideways. Wow.

Things I didn't like:

Hasslebeck's turnovers.

dropped passes still not solved completely.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic for a good season.

943109[/snapback]

Good observations, I passed on Engram laaaaaaate in a draft and regretted it from the get go. Stevens may be a great late pick. JJ looked very very shifty and ....well it is preseaon. I remember a few preseaons ago when Tim Couch and Quincy Morgan looked like the next Montana/Rice hook up.

I don't need to be cautiously optimistic as a Seahawk fan cause I live in Bronco land and they think they are going to win the superbowl every year. :D With Plummer as QB. :D Of course, it took them 2 years to figure out that Griese wasn't the next Elway. :D

I thought the Seahawks did great agains Jones.  He only had a couple good runs.  Seemed like they stuffed him quite a bit.

943124[/snapback]

Yeah, they did OK, but you could kind of feel (And maybe I'm just still twitchy from the LAST Monday night game against Dallas) That had he stayed in the whole game, he really would have gotten rollling. You are right though, when Tubbs and Darby were in, the front four was pretty solid. I definitely could see the D improving middle of the league, up from 26th or whatever LY.

And I must say, preseason or not, it was AWESOME to be at an NFL game again. GO HAWKS!

Edited by Bonehand

Any word on whose x-ray they were looking at on the Seattle bench? Looked like it might have shown a crack on the clavicle or whatever.

943130[/snapback]

Yeah, it was Charles Rogers...

:D

Actually, I couldn't see the X-rays from my seats in section 326...

Edited by Bonehand

Yeah, it was Charles Rogers...

Actually, I couldn't see the X-rays from my seats in section 326...

943136[/snapback]

Thanks for your original post.

I missed most of the first half because my oldest son's PC was on the fritz. What happened to DJax? Did he even see the field?

Nooooooooooo :D

Sorry.....sorry.  1st round rookie pick from 2 years ago.  And I STILL can't seem to shake that bad Karma. :D

Great observations, Bone!  :D

943202[/snapback]

Sorry, I wish the poor guy no ill will, but after all his bad luck the idea of Charles somehow breaking a bone in a game that he wasn't in 1200 miles away somehow just cracked me up.

Thanks for your original post.

I missed most of the first half because my oldest son's PC was on the fritz. What happened to DJax? Did he even see the field?

943180[/snapback]

I think D Jax was in for a minute at the very start, but I might be wrong, now that you mention it. He certainly didn't stand out to me like Engram & Stevens. Even Pathon & Jurevicious saw more action.

Sorry, I wish the poor guy no ill will, but after all his bad luck the idea of Charles somehow breaking a bone in a game that he wasn't in 1200 miles away somehow just cracked me up.

943205[/snapback]

That's OK Bone. It was VERY funny.....just gave me a mini-stroke for a sec. :D

Did Mo Morris get hurt?  He was limping off after that play to the sideline and never returned.  Any info Bonehand?

943257[/snapback]

Hey Swamp, (Or do you prefer "Mr. Nuts"?)

I didn't see Morris limp off the field at the game. I dug around though, & the only postgame injury report I could find is as follows:

Off the Seattle P.I. site

"DE Bryce Fisher suffered a cut above his right eye in the first half, but returned to the game. RB Dante Brown suffered a right shoulder injury in the fourth quarter and was taken to the locker room for X-rays."

So, the aforementioned X-rays must have belonged to Mr. Brown. No word on Morris at all. I will keep an ear open tomorrow & post any updates.

I think D Jax was in for a minute at the very start, but I might be wrong, now that you mention it.  He certainly didn't stand out to me like Engram & Stevens. Even Pathon & Jurevicious saw more action.

943208[/snapback]

We know what Djax can do we want to see our other guys play.

Julius Jones is pretty darn good.

1st quarter Defense on Hawks looked good.

Hasselbeck did ok. I expect more but hey its pre season.

Demarcus Ware. Good game.

Walter Jones didnt play too well.

Seneca Wallace blew it.

Did Mo Morris get hurt?  He was limping off after that play to the sideline and never returned.  Any info Bonehand?

943257[/snapback]

Mo Morris Update, from this AM's Seattle Times:

"RB Maurice Morris had his sore hamstring tighten on him in the second half, and he was pulled from the game."

Good observations, I passed on Engram  laaaaaaate in a draft and regretted it from the get go.  Stevens may be a great late pick.  JJ looked very very shifty and ....well it is preseaon.  I remember a few preseaons ago when Tim Couch and Quincy Morgan looked like the next  Montana/Rice hook up.

I don't need to be cautiously optimistic as a Seahawk fan cause I live in Bronco land and they think they are going to win the superbowl every year.  :D  With Plummer as QB.    :D  Of course, it took them 2 years to figure out that Griese wasn't the next Elway.  :D

943126[/snapback]

Easy on my Bronco's. The will win the Superbowl every year! They just need to get that first one under their belt. :D

I thought the Seahawks did great agains Jones.  He only had a couple good runs.  Seemed like they stuffed him quite a bit.

943124[/snapback]

Yeah, although giving up 12- and 14-yard runs isn't going to get them to the SB. He and Larry Allen completely blew Seattle's D-line away on one drive.

No offense to the homers, but neither of these teams looked like they significantly improved in the offseason (although Dallas' defense played rather well overall).