[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones Top 5 - Benson "screw loose"

NavinRJohnson

It's a tale of two running backs for SI's Peter King, who spent some quality time last week with the Cowboys. "Julius Jones is going to have a monster year," says King. "Take my word for it. If you have a fantasy team, take him very high. He'll be one of the top five backs in the league. Parcells is going to feature Jones big-time." As for the Bears' Cedric Benson, King is, well, not so impressed. "I think Benson's got a screw loose," says King. "He's holding out while the prospect of a 1,600-yard season, once possible, disappears a little more every day. Kid, a lesson for you: Coaches tolerate rookies who hold out for a while. Then they bury them. Ask yourself whether it's worth pushing very, very hard for three or five or nine percent more in your contract now, or to match a deal like the one Philip Rivers got after the 2004 draft, at the risk of ruining your rookie year and spending it behind a back, Thomas Jones, who you know you're better than. Senseless."

Ask yourself whether it's worth pushing very, very hard for three or five or nine percent more in your contract now, or to match a deal like the one Philip Rivers got after the 2004 draft, at the risk of ruining your rookie year and spending it behind a back, Thomas Jones, who you know you're better than. Senseless."

945485[/snapback]

Yup.

I would. Rudi is a "good" fantasy back, but he has to compete with others for the ball. And Lewis. He can put up monstor yards, but the dude doesn't see the end-zone very often, and unless the change it, he never gets any receiving yards, and is always being pulled on passing downs....

I think JJ will put up more points then these guys this year....

"Julius Jones is going to have a monster year," says King. "Take my word for it. If you have a fantasy team, take him very high. He'll be one of the top five backs in the league. Parcells is going to feature Jones big-time."

945485[/snapback]

He said the same thing about Rudi Johnson last year. I mean, it could come true, but just because Peter King thinks so doesn't make me shift my views in any significant way.

Julius

Jamal

Rudi

Parcells will use the hell out of JJ, and Bledsoe will do just enough to keep defenses honest. Don't forget the ear to ear grin that Parcells displayed in that Monday night game last season against Seattle when he saw his prize tear up the Hawks.

Doesn't look like Jamal will get any help from Kyle, and is Jamal going to be 100% when the season starts. He's never had a huge TD year. Chester will also get alot of touches.

Looks like Perry will be pushing Rudi for time, coaches are impressed with Perry.

He said the same thing about Rudi Johnson last year.  I mean, it could come true, but just because Peter King thinks so doesn't make me shift my views in any significant way.

945558[/snapback]

:D Yeah, he also claimed Danny Woeful would be a top fantasy QB in Steve's Spurrier's system and we all know how that turned out.

PLUS, Peter King can't pick a game if they offered a free hoagie.. He picks underdogs and if they do happen to win he thinks he did something special.. Maybe if he laid REAL money he would realize he sucks at picking also!! HEHHEHEHEHE

And Lewis. He can put up monstor yards, but the dude doesn't see the end-zone very often, and unless the change it, he never gets any receiving yards, and is always being pulled on passing downs....

945540[/snapback]

:D Baltimore has passing downs?

I would. Rudi is a "good" fantasy back, but he has to compete with others for the ball. And Lewis. He can put up monstor yards, but the dude doesn't see the end-zone very often, and unless the change it, he never gets any receiving yards, and is always being pulled on passing downs....

I think JJ will put up more points then these guys this year....

945540[/snapback]

He says he will be catching the ball more this year to open up defenses.

JJ is a taleted guy, but unless Bledsoe remembers how to play football soon, he'll have a rough go of it this year.

947067[/snapback]

Again, not a valid argument, IMO....Vinny?...Hutchinson?...it's not like JJ had Peyton under center when he tore it up last season.

Vinny stunk last year, and JJ had some monster games nevertheless.  Drew should be a little better than Vinny. :D

947261[/snapback]

JJ had his "monster games" last year against bad defenses where the QB was a non-factor. Against the better defenses he was very ordinary (or worse).

Week 11 @BAL 30 carries 81 yds 2.70 avg. 0 TD

Week 12 CHI 33 150 4.55 2

Week 13 @SEA 30 198 6.60 3

Week 14 NOR 23 88 3.83 1

Week 15 @PHI 25 80 3.20 0

Week 16 WAS 22 57 2.59 0

Week 17 @NYG 29 149

I don't see how having Bledsoe @ QB allows JJ to do any better against the big boys. Bledsoe is just not good enough to make a difference against BAL, PHI, and WAS.

JJ had his "monster games" last year against bad defenses where the QB was a non-factor.  Against the better defenses he was very ordinary (or worse).

Week 11 @BAL 30 carries 81 yds 2.70 avg. 0 TD

Week 12 CHI 33 150 4.55 2

Week 13 @SEA 30 198 6.60 3

Week 14 NOR 23 88 3.83 1

Week 15 @PHI 25 80 3.20 0

Week 16 WAS 22 57 2.59 0

Week 17 @NYG 29 149

I don't see how having Bledsoe @ QB allows JJ to do any better against the big boys.  Bledsoe is just not good enough to make a difference against BAL, PHI, and WAS.

947284[/snapback]

As do most good runners post good games against bad defenses. Matchups make a difference. Even the premier runners will have average or bad days against tough D's. You don't think JJ will have monster games again this year against the terrible D's? That's when you take advantage and start him.

As do most good runners post good games against bad defenses.  Matchups make a difference.  Even the premier runners will have average or bad days against tough D's. You don't think JJ will have monster games again this year against the terrible D's?  That's when you take advantage and start him.

947532[/snapback]

I expect him to have a great year. But all this talk of a top 5 back for one reason or another (one reason being Bledsoe?? :D ) I feel is a little premature. Of course you "take advantage and start him" against the terrible D's. However, for the price you're going to have to pay to get JJ, you've got to start him every week.

I expect him to have a great year.  But all this talk of a top 5 back for one reason or another (one reason being Bledsoe??  :D )  I feel is a little premature.  Of course you "take advantage and start him" against the terrible D's.  However, for the price you're going to have to pay to get JJ, you've got to start him every week.

947546[/snapback]

Top 5 is really no big deal, if you look at the projected top 5 I would say there's really a top 2(Tomlinson/Alexander) and everyone else is interchangeable. A lot of variables involved in the success of who will be the next 3. Holmes durability comes into question along with Larry Johnson being a factor. The Edge gets yards but not alot of TD'S. McAllister was dinged up last year, new offensive coordinator and the erratic Brooks leading the team. McGahee has his own QB issues. D Davis, could lose goal line carries and has a history of getting banged up.

So you see JJ could easily slip into the top 5. Its up for grabs. Either way as you stated JJ should have an excellent year regardless, he does have alot of good matchups this year: SD, 49ers, OAK, SEA, ARI, DET, DEN, KC. :D