[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Jenkins

PaulOttCarruth

I saw he scored two TDs last night. Since it's the preseason, that's nothing to get excited about. However, I saw that Dez White injured his knee in the game. While they're calling it "mild", those types of injuries seem to have a way of lingering. With him, Roddy White, and Price battling through injuries, Jenkins looks like he could be a good play in the last round of a draft. He was a #1 pick last year from Ohio State -- and those Buckeyes typically are fast starters. Boston, Galloway, Glenn, etc. all had big success in their first and/or second seasons.

Any Atlanta homers have insight? Has he been dropping balls? I think that might have been a knock on him.

Watching the game last night Vick looked very comfortable throwing to Jenkins. I think this year he will make it a point to get to his wideouts more often & Jenkins IMO looks like the best option for the moment.

Cris Carter wasn't bad.  All he does is _____________.

But regarding Jenkins, how bad does it need to be that you have to wait for an injury to none other than Dez White in order to have a few decent games.

948962[/snapback]

True, but opportunity is everything. Do you think Muhammad or Drew Bennett would've put up the stats they did last year without Smith and Calico getting hurt?

:D  Interesting analogy.

948984[/snapback]

I am merely saying the Jenkins will go on to start 124 consectutive games for the Falcons and become a football legend...and then have a horrible disease named after him.

And it all was made possible by Dez White getting hurt this summer.

I am merely saying the Jenkins will go on to start 124 consectutive games for the Falcons and become a football legend...and then have a horrible disease named after him.

And it all was made possible by Dez White getting hurt this summer.

948995[/snapback]

I gotcha now. :D

But regarding Jenkins, how bad does it need to be that you have to wait for an injury to none other than Dez White in order to have a few decent games.

948962[/snapback]

Bad analysis. One could make a very long list of all the star players who had to wait for an injury to get on the field.

I didn'y realize this, but according to Football Prospectus Jenkins was considered one of the Leagues's top Special teams players LY, so I guess that makes it less of a surprise that he could make a contribution if given the chance.

I didn'y realize this, but according to Football Prospectus Jenkins was considered one of the Leagues's top Special teams players LY, so I guess that makes it less of a surprise that he could make a contribution if given the chance.

949034[/snapback]

Sounds like a young Derrick Mason. He spent the first three years of his professional career, and portions of his fourth and fifth, as a Kick and Punt return man. Then became a terrific WR

Vick definitely looked more comfortable in the pocket. Most of the time, before he took off, he'd cycle through his options and if nothing was there, he'd wait for a hole to open up in the middle and shoot through it. Last year he would have spun around a couple times to get to the outside, sometimes getting buried for 15 yard losses.

As far as Jenkins goes, remember that this is only preseason. If I'm not mistaken, he beat a rookie corner for his first touchdown catch. I don't think that's saying much. I think the second one came in the 2nd half, when the backups were playing.

Here's some more "bad" analysis. Vick isn't very accurate. Can Jenkins catch everything that comes his way? No. Can he become a stud on a team that rushes more than almost every other team and throw most of it's passes to the tight end? Who was the last receiver, since Vick has been playing, that has been a break out player for the Falcons?

I've seen Jenkins play and he could be a great player, but opportunity is everything. Is replacing the great Dez White in the Falcons offense a great opportunity? I think that there could be other opportunities around that could be much better. But take that with a grain of salt from a bad analysis person.

Vick definitely looked more comfortable in the pocket.  Most of the time, before he took off, he'd cycle through his options and if nothing was there, he'd wait for a hole to open up in the middle and shoot through it.  Last year he would have spun around a couple times to get to the outside, sometimes getting buried for 15 yard losses.

As far as Jenkins goes, remember that this is only preseason.  If I'm not mistaken, he beat a rookie corner for his first touchdown catch.  I don't think that's saying much.  I think the second one came in the 2nd half, when the backups were playing.

949237[/snapback]

I couldn't really tell, but the second one looked to be thrown to another receiver, only to be tipped to him.

He was on my board before the game last night, but was taken during the game in Outraged. If Vick ever gets the hang of the offense, I see Jenkins being a guy that can over take Price in that offense, but that's not saying too much.

I couldn't really tell, but the second one looked to be thrown to another receiver, only to be tipped to him.

He was on my board before the game last night, but was taken during the game in Outraged. If Vick ever gets the hang of the offense, I see Jenkins being a guy that can over take Price in that offense, but that's not saying too much.

949343[/snapback]

I thought Pirce was already a 4th WR.....

He made some tough catches yesterday but also dropped a few, including tipping a ball that led to an INT. What he might've been lacking in so far was confidence, and last night's peformance should help.

But it's hard not to be skeptical of his chances to have sustained success, given his lackluster performance to-date and the fact that Vick is still pretty much a work in progress as far as the passing game.

From what I've read, he's been penciled in as a starter since the beginning of training camp so I don't know what this White debate is about...

Anyway this guy has hooked up with Vick during the offseason to practice routes, is a 2nd year player who's now had a chance to learn the WCO, 1st round pick out of OSU...

There's a lot to like here, and its not just because he's on my dynasty team. :D

The downside of having Vick as your QB is certainly a big risk :D , but if there was one WR in ATL I would take a chance on, its Jenkins. :D