[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

kyle orton!

whitem0nkey

They need Benson now. The Bears have a true shot at respectability if they can put out an O that will just chew some clock to keep the D fresh into the 4th quarter.

The D will be a monster. The O monstrously bad potentially.

I'm sure Blake needs more time with the playbook. Anyone know why they bagged Krenzel last year? He at least won some games....

I still have yet to draft, and haven't seen this kid play, yet. Anyone have any insight on him?

I think he's only played against second-stringers, right? Does he look poised? How are his reads? Quick release? Accurate? Obviously, I wouldn't want to go into the season with him starting for me, but does he look worth a reach as a back-up, or to early to tell?

They need Benson now.

953099[/snapback]

Not sure about that. Jones has been tearing it up against first-string defenses and with Hutch under center this pre-season. On the other hand, Benson has yet to do anything in the NFL. The only way they'd "need" him right now is if Jones was injured.

Rookie QB starting... that not respectable.. that will be tragic.

LOL.

953111[/snapback]

well they have a defense equal to Pitt, we have a great line, good run game....Oh I say PLAAAAAAAAAYOFFS!!!!!!

And once Benson will play watch out NFL here come the bears.......

The bears will not be hibernating!!!

well they have a defense equal to Pitt, we have a great line, good run game....Oh I say PLAAAAAAAAAYOFFS!!!!!!

And once Benson will play watch out NFL here come the bears.......

The bears will not be hibernating!!!

953172[/snapback]

Equal to Pittsburgh? The Huddle doesn't think so, but bring on the season and we'll see.

I still have yet to draft, and haven't seen this kid play, yet. Anyone have any insight on him?

I think he's only played against second-stringers, right? TRUE Does he look poised? YES How are his reads? DECENT, considering Quick release? Very Accurate? Good, his TD toss to ClarkFriday was great!Obviously, I wouldn't want to go into the season with him starting for me, but does he look worth a reach as a back-up, or to early to tell? :D

953104[/snapback]

113.4 quarterback rating on Friday.

I'm not convinced that he will be the opening day starter. This last game against the Browns, could turn out to be a showcase for ready-to-be-cut-players, so it's not really the acid test. But if the Bear discussion w/ him was 'it' yours to lose', then he may well start the opener. Ya gotta give the Bears one thing.....they make headlines, good or bad!

Not sure about that.  Jones has been tearing it up against first-string defenses and with Hutch under center this pre-season.  On the other hand, Benson has yet to do anything in the NFL.  The only way they'd "need" him right now is if Jones was injured.

953169[/snapback]

Well I think given the QB situation they need as many offensive weapons as possible.

Even with a healthy Jones they still need Benson cuz Jones isn't a pounder.

And they'll need that to keep the D fresh....

Equal to Pittsburgh? The Huddle doesn't think so, but bring on the season and we'll see.

953193[/snapback]

Fantasy-wise, sure. Don't think we were talking about pure fantasy worth here, though. Chicago's D will be solid... not a great fantasy D, though.