[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiki on PTI

Skrappy1

Anyone else watching Pardon the Interruption on ESPN? Tiki just said that Jacobs will be vulturing all the goalline TDs from him and that he'll need to score from 20 yards out to get into the endzone so he might hurt your fantasy team this year if you rely on him for TD production. Not that we couldn't have figured that out previously, but you've gotta love that kind of honesty. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how many of his TDs were scored outside of 10 yards last year?

957868[/snapback]

I'd bet a prety fair amount.  Was that a rhetorical question?

957873[/snapback]

Wow, I would have lost that bet in a big way.

Only 3 of Tiki's 15 total TDs last year were scored from outside of 10 yards (2 long runs and 1 long screen pass). :D

10 of his rushing TDs from last year were from 5 yards or less, and 1 of his receiving TDs was from 5 yards or less.

Edited by Skrappy1

I'd say just flat out avoid him

957897[/snapback]

Well, I wouldn't go that far, he still can be very productive in a point-per-reception peformance scoring league. He just won't make a very good #1 RB and is being overvalued IMO. I thought that well before seeing him on PTI, I just thought it was funny to see him address fantasy owners and to be so forthcoming when he did. :D

I got Tiki at #23 after getting Alexander at #2. I was feeling pretty good about that until I heard about what was said. And of course another team took B.J. in round #6, too early but I would liked to have had him.

Well, I wouldn't go that far, he still can be very productive in a point-per-reception peformance scoring league.  He just won't make a very good #1 RB and is being overvalued IMO.  I thought that well before seeing him on PTI, I just thought it was funny to see him address fantasy owners and to be so forthcoming when he did. :D

957909[/snapback]

yea...the Tiki owner in my league took him in the 1st round at #6 overall over the likes of Edge, DD, KJ, Deuce and so forth......

yea...the Tiki owner in my league took him in the 1st round at #6 overall over the likes of Edge, DD, KJ, Deuce and so forth......

957951[/snapback]

That guy is stupien :D

Edited by Pancake

he thinks his team is set  :D he also took Brady in the 3rd....had rudi in the 2nd...his only bright spot besides djax..

957977[/snapback]

Sometimes team managers that do things like that ruin the experience for everybody else....expect for the guys draft right after him and get to pick up the diamonds that were left behind.

Well, I wouldn't go that far, he still can be very productive in a point-per-reception peformance scoring league.  He just won't make a very good #1 RB and is being overvalued IMO.

957909[/snapback]

Think the Dunn/Duckett situation would be comparable to Barber/Jacobs?

Sometimes team managers that do things like that ruin the experience for everybody else....expect for the guys draft right after him and get to pick up the diamonds that were left behind.

957983[/snapback]

not when it's a money league :D

Think the Dunn/Duckett situation would be comparable to Barber/Jacobs?

957991[/snapback]

I bet probably pretty close, although I'd still much rather have Tiki than Dunn (Tiki has averaged over 1,784 total yards a year for the last 5 seasons and isn't as fragile as Dunn).

not when it's a money league  :D

957992[/snapback]

Money talks and bullsh1t walks.

For me its more about the pride at this point as Ive been in a league with my buddies for almost 10 years now and you cant put a price on bragging rights or when they try to heckle you and you just tell them "SCOREBOARD!"

Uh, you guys all know that Tiki had like 1 TD two years ago, right? Anyone who drafted him expecting another 15 TDs was living in a fantasy world to begin with.

Smart Tiki owners such as myself also picked up Jacobs.

Peace

policy

Uh, you guys all know that Tiki had like 1 TD two years ago, right?  Anyone who drafted him expecting another 15 TDs was living in a fantasy world to begin with.

Peace

policy

958104[/snapback]

yeah but the year before that he had 11 TDs!

I expect 1,200 yds and 4-7 TDs from Tiki this year and consider him a mid to late round 2 RB.

Uh, you guys all know that Tiki had like 1 TD two years ago, right?  Anyone who drafted him expecting another 15 TDs was living in a fantasy world to begin with.

Peace

policy

958104[/snapback]

Got them both in PrimeTime.

Edit: Have Dunn and Duckett too :D

Edited by Puddy

Uh, you guys all know that Tiki had like 1 TD two years ago, right?

958104[/snapback]

Actually it was 3 TDs (2 rushing, 1 receiving) but we'll let you slide on that. :D

Anyone who drafted him expecting another 15 TDs was living in a fantasy world to begin with.

Abolutely. Again, I originally posted this more because I just thought it unique that Tiki directly addressed fantasy owners.

Tiki just said... he might hurt your fantasy team this year if you rely on him for TD production.  Not that we couldn't have figured that out previously, but you've gotta love that kind of honesty.  :D

957856[/snapback]