[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J.J. Arrington

Roo

I heard a lot of positive reports, but this kid looks like a scared sheep in preseason, and has really stunk it up, despite a passing attack that sould keep D's honest.

His stat lines are really terrible. I know it's preseason so I should probably just relax, but I had high hopes for this guy in my flex. Right now, he's looking like a 15 carry, 60 yard guy at best.

Marcell Shipp has outplayed him, he does not pass block well (a must with Warner at QB) and he seems to go down at the first touch. Other than that, he's a great RB.

Despite the Denny Green love, I expect Shipp to slowly but surely force himself into becoming the Cards starting RB this year.

Sorry I can't make you feel better, but that's exactly why I risked my 1.03 rookie draft pick on Benson instead of Arrington. I didn't see JJ play this preseason but all the reports I heard were him fumbling and not making any yds after the first hit. I am however convinced that JJ will have a better year stats wise than Benson this year. I just think Benson will be a better back in the long run.

personally, i wasn't buying into it from the beginning. at first in the draft, it was the big 3. all of a sudden, by the time we had our rookie draft in fusion, it was the big 4. i had the 1.6 rookie pick and was mucho excited when braylon fell to me there. (big 3, arrinton, williamson). i passed on arrington in all leagues i participate in. just one of those things. gut feeling. i don't think he lives up to his bloated hype. it shouldn't have been there in the first place is my contention.

Shipp's a bum. He has no upside, aside from the fact that he was a starter for a bad team. Denny seems to think the kid can play. I tend to take the coach's opinion. He knows what Arrington can do. I'll reserve my judgement on JJ for now, but to be honest, if I had to choose between Shipp and Arrington, I'd take the kid. Kevin and Julius Jones--not great early, but later...

Fortunately, I don't have Shipp or Arrington. :D

Edited by Ruffian

I heard a lot of positive reports, but this kid looks like a scared sheep in preseason, and has really stunk it up, despite a passing attack that sould keep D's honest. 

His stat lines are really terrible.  I know it's preseason so I should probably just relax, but I had high hopes for this guy in my flex.    Right now, he's looking like a 15 carry, 60 yard guy at best.

965542[/snapback]

You're nuts.

There's no way Arrington gets 15 carries and/or 60 yards a game.

Hard to tell if you think he'll get more......or less.  :D

966412[/snapback]

I was hoping to avoid this question, but now that you've pinned me down....I fall on the "more" side.

I'll say Arrington's year-end rushing stat line looks something like: 285, 1,200 and 8. I'll throw in 40 receptions for another 220 yards and 2 TDs. I'll also say that his stats are back-end loaded with his best games coming in weeks 10-17.

I was hoping to avoid this question, but now that you've pinned me down....I fall on the "more" side.

I'll say Arrington's year-end rushing stat line looks something like:  285, 1,200 and 8.  I'll throw in 40 receptions for another 220 yards and 2 TDs.  I'll also say that his stats are back-end loaded with his best games coming in weeks 10-17.

966439[/snapback]

And I'll tend to agree with that as long as Denny shows patience and as long as the Cards aren't miles behind every game.

I'll say Arrington's year-end rushing stat line looks something like:  285, 1,200 and 8.  I'll throw in 40 receptions for another 220 yards and 2 TDs.  I'll also say that his stats are back-end loaded with his best games coming in weeks 10-17.

966439[/snapback]

That sounds good to me i drafted him in my keeper league to push ahman green to my #3 back . I 'm hoping he does it in the back half of the season. BTW mcgahee is my other rb