[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Ricky Watch

msaint

Brown has had two mediocre games, one good one. Depending on what happens week 5 vs. Buffalo, what do people now think about Ricky's role when he returns @ TB Week 6? And are Ricky owners trying to deal him to the Brown owner, or holding onto him?

Possibilities @ TB:

1. Starter, majority of carries

2. Split carries.

3. Handful of carries/goalline back

4. Spectator with killer case of munchies

1 and 4 seem extreme, but unless Brown goes off vs. TB, #3 seems the most likely at least to start. But might we see a RBBC from here on out?

:D

why week 6, doesn't he have a four game suspension. so that would be weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4?

1024123[/snapback]

MIA have a bye in WK4 so Ricky returns in WK6. I have Brown in a keeper league and I really have no idea what the plans are for the two of them, but 132 and a TD help Brown's cause. I think it will be RBBC but I don't know what the split will be.

I dropped R. Brown last week for M. Moore. Of course Brown goes of for 100+ and a TD. It may come back to haunt me, but I can't see the Dolphins not playing Williams. The Dolphins are either planning on keeping him or trading him and in either case I think they'll need to play him either to see what he's got or to showcase him for a trade. I see RBBC from wk 6 on out. JMO.

My guess is somewhere around a 70-30 split to start with it gradually getting to 50-50. The Phins need to get their #1 pick a lot of touches because he is the future of this team and having him watch Ricky isn't going to help him progress. At the same time, they need to showcase Ricky so they can get something of value in the trade market for him. For my fantasy reasons alone, I have no problem with Ricky getting carries this year as long as he's not there at all next year.

Week 4 - Dolphins have a BYE

Week 5 - Ronnie Brown gets the start vs a Buffalo defense that is giving up a lot of yards on the ground. And that was before they lost Spikes for the season.

Week 6 - Ricky returns to a RBBC. I can see a 50-50 split. When Ronnie Brown played at Auburn he was more of a specialty RB. He was used as a WR sometimes by lining up in the slot and causing all sorts of mismatches by having LBers cover him as he went out for passes. Ronnie has really good hands. They are going to line up both Ricky & Ronnie in the backfield with Ronnie then motioning to the slot. Defenses are going to have to worry about Ricky in the backfield and Ronnie going out for passes. I think Linehan is going to get really creative with these two.

I seriously doubt the Dolphins trade Ricky during the season. He's making close to league minimum. If anything, which I also doubt, they move him this offseason.

It's going to suck for fantasy purposes but as a lifelong fan of the Dolphins I'm really excited to see how both will be used at the same time.

I was psyched after R Brown's sub par performances but week 3 killed me. Where does this guy get off running for 100+ yards??? Doesn't he know that I have Ricky waiting on my bench? He's got some nerve. Hopefully he comes back to earth and posts 27 yard games until Ricky is stone free.

I think Brown's hammy is gonna give him fits from here on out and with Ricky there they might even sit him a couple weeks. At worst I see Ricky getting 50-50 split when he comes back.

IMO Ricky will see some carries but I don't believe he is the Runner he used to be.He did not look very good in the pre-season and is smaller than he used to be.I see this as a Priest-LJ type of situation.R.Brown hit the jackpot with his holdout and will continue to improve as the season wears on.Saban will give Ricky his 9-10 carries a game to spell Brown.If this team is 4-2 and playing decent ball I don't think Nick will do anything drastic to disrupt chemistry.

I just don't see a guy that quit on his team because he did'nt want to play football anymore, then coming back only because he was broke and about to be sued, being anywhere near the same productive back he was before. I bet he still does'nt want to play, and once he starts taking live hits, he'll want to play even less. It's not like he stayed in football shape over the last year, or was even involved with team trainers like someone who was out with an injury would be.

Brown, on the other hand, is young and wants to make his mark in the league. I believe he'll try harder and show more to coach's during pratice, and if I'm the head coach who drafted him, I'm sure I'd give him the lion's share of the carries.

Of course, this changes if injuries occur, but I figure Brown gets 70+% of the carries, and Williams learns a hard lesson in life.

I think it'll be RBBC when Reefer Boy returns. They need to give him a significant amount of carries to showcase him for a trade. I'm not sure how successful he'll be, though, as he looked a lot smaller and less powerful in the pre-season. Plus, that O-line sucks anyway. Thankfully, I'm steering clear of this mess.

I just don't see a guy that quit on his team because he did'nt want to play football anymore, then coming back only because he was broke and about to be sued, being anywhere near the same productive back he was before. I bet he still does'nt want to play, and once he starts taking live hits, he'll want to play even less. It's not like he stayed in football shape over the last year, or was even involved with team trainers like someone who was out with an injury would be.

Brown, on the other hand, is young and wants to make his mark in the league. I believe he'll try harder and show more to coach's during pratice, and if I'm the head coach who drafted him, I'm sure I'd give him the lion's share of the carries.

Of course, this changes if injuries occur, but I figure Brown gets 70+% of the carries, and Williams learns a hard lesson in life.

1025528[/snapback]

Every player in the NFL plays for the $$$.

If you think Ricky is the only player smoking Josh Gordon and doing God knows what else in the NFL then you are very naive.

He'll be back and he will be good.

Every player in the NFL plays for the $$$.

If you think Ricky is the only player smoking Josh Gordon and doing God knows what else in the NFL then you are very naive.

He'll be back and he will be good.

1025549[/snapback]

Every player in the NFL plays for the $$$? Do you mean that's the only reason they play? Even the guys who only make it to the pratice squad? The guy's making league min. year after year? The guy's with either no agent, or the one's who fire their agent to get into camp on time? The guy's whose medical bills in the future will be more than anything they can hope to gain in the NFL? That statement is just cynical and untrue.

Do I think Williams is the only player with a substance abuse problem in the NFL? No. In fact, I suspect there is a serious steroid problem in the NFL. Besides, I did'nt claim Williams quit his team so he could smoke pot, I said he quit because he did'nt feel like playing football anymore. I said he only came back because he was broke, and about to be sued for his signing bonus. He's not coming back because he misses the game.

Yeah, he's back, but I think he'll suck. You think he'll be good. So from week 6 on, I guess you'll be starting him. I'm sure you'll let me know how that works out for ya. Hey, I could be wrong, but thats my opinion.

Every player in the NFL plays for the $$$? Do you mean that's the only reason they play? Even the guys who only make it to the pratice squad? The guy's making league min. year after year? The guy's with either no agent, or the one's who fire their agent to get into camp on time? The guy's whose medical bills in the future will be more than anything they can hope to gain in the NFL? That statement is just cynical and untrue.

Do I think Williams is the only player with a substance abuse problem in the NFL? No. In fact, I suspect there is a serious steroid problem in the NFL. Besides, I did'nt claim Williams quit his team so he could smoke pot, I said he quit because he did'nt feel like playing football anymore. I said he only came back because he was broke, and about to be sued for his signing bonus. He's not coming back because he misses the game.

Yeah, he's back, but I think he'll suck. You think he'll be good. So from week 6 on, I guess you'll be starting him. I'm sure you'll let me know how that works out for ya. Hey, I could be wrong, but thats my opinion.

1025702[/snapback]

Whether he becomes a viable fantasy option remains to be seen. I have always said it will be a RBBC situation. I can definitely see a 50-50 split between the two.

My comments on Ricky have to do with me being a huge Dolphin fan. I'm excited to see them both in the backfield. They can both help the team win. That's all I'm concerned about. I don't own either for fantasy purposes.

They all play for the money. Sure the love of the game has something to do with it but even the guys on the practice squad with no agents are hopefully one day looking for a big payday. You can't tell me they like to bash each others brain in just for the love of the game only.

You think he'll suck. I don't. You don't go from being an elite RB and taking a year off to sucking IMO. I guess we'll have to wait and see Week 6.

If you were to trade him today, who would you go for?

I got a guy in one of my leagues who is a huge Miami homer. I was entertaining thoughts of offering him Ricky for Kevin Jones. Jones value is really low right now, but there's nothing to say that it's going to improve. I'm not convince that the Lions aren't going to dig their way out of this hole.