[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Juicy match up for Lloyd & Battle?

Big Score 1

Four things I've noticed about the 49er's.

#1) Rattay ain't all that bad (541 passing yards & 5 TD's through 3 games! :D )

#2) 49er's don't have much D

#3) Barlow really does suck (through three games 121 yards & 1 TD :D ), so they ain't got much of a running game (although I like the looks of this Gore kid)

#4) Both Lloyd & Battle are both in their magical "3rd season" as WR's and Rattay really doesn't have anyone else to throw to.....well Johnny Morton is an option I guess. (In case you haven't been paying attention, both TE Eric Johnson & WR Rashaun Woods, have been place on IR)

So lets take a look at what / how Cardinals pass D has done.

Week 1

172 yards and 2 TD's in week one to Eli's Giants and their conservative approach to the passing game, as they got two Special Teams TD's & 2 rushing TD's.

Week 2

216 yards & 1 TD to the Rams. Now that looks funky right? This was a game where Mad Mike Martz actually used Jackson & his running game. Believe it or not, the Rams had 21 rushes & 1 TD by the RB's in that game :D

Week 3

242 yards & 0 TD's by Hasslebust & the Sea Hags. This was the game where Alexander owners were creaming their jeans, as he torched the Cards for 140 yards & 4 TD's. Passing game was really an after thought

So you're probably saying, OK Big Score 1, what's the deal here? Looks like the Cards pass D has been passable (pun intended). Not so fast boys & girls, take a look at this little tidbit of info.

Cardinals | Rolle Likely Needs Surgery, Will Miss One Month

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:27:59 -0700

"Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals CB Antrel Rolle (knee) will likely need surgery to repair his meniscus and will be out at least a month."

So now you're looking at a 49er offense that doesn't run the ball real well, but can throw the ball, going against a D missing one of their starting CB's. Throw in the fact that they're facing an offense that is equally challenged at running the ball, but definitely has the pieces to throw the ball well (?McCown?) going against the 49er's sieve of a D and I see a high flying score fest in Mexico City.

Yes, you read that right. This game is being played in Mexico City!

Anyway my point is, I expect a good weekend from Rattay, Battle & Lloyd. If they're on your roster and you haven't put them in your line-up yet, this week might be a good week to dust them off and play them. :D

Battle has a hamstring pull. I never touch a WR who has a hamstring pull. I would leave him out of my lineup this week.

1030777[/snapback]

49ers | Battle Misses Practice, Probable for Week 4

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:08:01 -0700

"San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (hamstring) missed practice Wednesday, Sept. 28 but is listed as probable for Week 4".

Normally I'd agree with you on WR's & hammy's Doc Holliday (just watched Tombstone again last night & it's still a great flick, love the line "I'll be your Huckleberry" :D ), but everything I'm hearing is that it was nowhere near a full blown pull or tear, more of a twitch like what Vick suffered against the Sea Hags. And we all saw how much Vick's hammy bothered him as he ran all around and over and through Buffalo's D.

I'd definitely keep an eye on the situation, but wouldn't be too worried. If Battle practices Friday, then there's not a doubt in my mind he's a go.

{Edit: What's weird is that the 49er's official web site has him listed as probable with Knee. Same on NFL.com's injury report. I do know that the 49er's didn't schedule Battle for an MRI, so it doesn't seem like they're very worried about whichever one it is, knee or hammy. :D}

Edited by Big Score 1

49ers | Battle Misses Practice, Questionable for Week 4

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:37:39 -0700

"San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (hamstring) missed practice Thursday, Sept. 29 and is listed as questionable for Week 4. If Battle were unable to play, WR Johnnie Morton would start in his place."

Looks like Battle will miss this one. :D

49ers | Battle Misses Practice, Probable for Week 4

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:08:01 -0700

"San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (hamstring) missed practice Wednesday, Sept. 28 but is listed as probable for Week 4".

Normally I'd agree with you on WR's & hammy's Doc Holliday (just watched Tombstone again last night & it's still a great flick, love the line "I'll be your Huckleberry"  :D ), 

1030887[/snapback]

It's, "I'm your Hucleberry."

I hear that Antrell Rolle will miss this game with a knee injury. Meniscus tear. Those are never good. Their #2 CB David Macklin left last week's game with an injury as well. I don't know about his status for this week though. It appears the Cards will be short at CB.

Also, the 49ers lost Mike Rumph to a torn foot muscle in practice and put him on IR. Starting cornerback Ahmed Plummer will also miss the game, as will LB Jamie Winborn.

If you've got a WR on one of these teams, start them. :D

Here are two different takes on Battles injury. One's from Stats Inc the other from KFFL.

Arnaz Battle #83 | Wide Receiver | San Francisco 49ers

Height: 6-1 Weight: 217 Born: Feb 22, 1980 - Dallas, TX College: Notre Dame

Draft: 2003 - 6th round (24th pick) by the San Francisco 49ers

Profile | Split Stats | Situational Stats | Career Stats | Game Log | News & Notes | Photos

News and Notes

Sep 29 Battle's strained hamstring has improved over the past couple of days, and the 49ers expect him to be ready for Sunday night's meeting with the Arizona Cardinals in Mexico City. The receiver did not practice with the team on Wednesday, but he has been listed as probable on the injury report.

Advice: Unless Battle suffers a last-minute setback, he will be in the starting lineup opposite Brandon Lloyd this weekend. In three games this season, Battle has 15 receptions for 171 yards and two touchdowns.

Sep 29 San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (hamstring) missed practice Thursday, Sept. 29 and is listed as questionable for Week 4. If Battle were unable to play, WR Johnnie Morton would start in his place.

Good catch Jumpin Johnies. :D

However, most leagues require line-up submission before the start of the 1st game Sunday. Considering Battle's game isn't until Sunday night, he's a risky start. I'd love to play both Lloyd & Battle in a league where I have them both, but at this point, it's just too risky. Lloyd's a definite go for me, but not Battle.

Now I may plug him back into my starting line-up depending on positive team practice reports that come out later today and any good news tomorrow.

I just picked up Rattay too for extra QB insurance, made possible by Kevin Fauolk's injury.

one thing about this game has me concerned, thought: the altitude: 7400 feet above sea level, which is half again as high as Denver.

How do you think that would impact the game? WOuld it make a rushing attack more difficult, or more successful against winded DLinemen?

just picked up rattay in a league.....

am thinking of starting him this week (in lieu of favre)....

1030675[/snapback]

I say go ahead. I just picked him up and I am starting him over leftwhich and Favre.

This game will be the worst played defensive game of the year. No doubt.

It's being held in Mexico, so it's like a showcase for the NFL. Wouldn't surprise me if the refs let this one go wild. i don't think they're going to call too many penalities, that would make is more boring.

and then you got the 2 worst defenses in the league. They've given up a combined 197 pts in 3 games.

Smells like a shootout. Start all receivers from these teams if you got them as neither team can run it.