[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't insulting trade offers piss you off?

TheCMB

I'm so sick of trying to make win-win trades that would make both teams better, and then I get ridiculous counter-offers back in return. I never see offers like this actually go thru, so why does anyone even bother to make them?

Anyone else have this problem?

I've been on both sides of that. If someone throws a BS offer at me, I throw a BS offer back with a note that says if it's rejected, they need to pick it up or don't bother responding. The reality though is that some times, the people offering those junk trades don't necessarily really know enough to know how junk the trade really is. I find that there are times when playing their game and going back and forth throgh god knows how many trades, sometimes I end up getting a steal just because I wear them down.

Case in point, last week a guy offered me some junk for Heap. We went back and forth, and I ended up getting Plaxico on the 100th trade proposed (previous postings on the topic last week). Not saying it always happens, but it can work out for you if you play along.

Edited by craiginthecapital

I've got some jacka$$ in my league that's offered me Terry Glenn for Edge and Robert Ferguson for Mewelde Moore. I just found out that he offered another guy Joe Horn for Shaun Alexander. I can't tell if he's a (the really bad word)ing idiot or he just thinks we are. I've called him out 3 times now for his stupid trade proposals but it doesn't look like he's letting up.

Not sure what's THAT insulting about Eli Manning for Branch?

Trading often starts with testing the waters. I don't like to give too much right away and may start with a low ball offer. Like, for instance, I am trying to trade with another coach who has Palmer and Brady (I need a QB in a bad way). I'm going to shoot for Palmer with a mid level RB(Benson) and expect him to counter with Brady. I'll take it because Benson won't play for me much this year barring injury.

If I bites with Palmer...BONUS!

I had a guy offer me Mewelde Moore and Stokely for TO and KJ..... are you serious?????

1042376[/snapback]

See, I think this is just a case of him reading something about Moore getting starts and suddenly thinking he had the next LT to trade. Not sure if it helps, but if he thinks that highly of Moore, it probably means he undervalues his other RBs and they might be easier targets. He'll think you're simply downgrading the deal and should probably settle for less as well.

Just a thought.

I'm so sick of trying to make win-win trades that would make both teams better, and then I get ridiculous counter-offers back in return.  I never see offers like this actually go thru, so why does anyone even bother to make them?

1042322[/snapback]

I would not have made the deal either. but I do not consider the deal insulting. I don't value QB's as much as most people though.

I have got some offers in 8 years of FF that would make any man snap. I just chew them out and tell them try again.

1042510[/snapback]

I actually did snap with that Edgerrin trade. I sent the guy an insulting e-mail that I posted up on our message board and then called the guy and asked him for an explanation.

I would counter with something just as stupid, or I would just not respond at all that generally gets the point across...about 7 years ago some guy offered me Vinateri for Fred Taylor...This was when Fred was the darling of the league and lead me to my first championship...I wanted to rip him..but I just did not respond...for months he would ask me about the trade offer and i would just not say a word..it ate him up...NEWBIE TOOL probaly understands now..but please even a Newbie knows better.

Edited by sacosud

Did you draft Eli Manning to be your starting QB?  Is he your starter now?

You aren't going to get Torry Holt for him.

If you need a receiver and don't need Eli... I'm not saying you can't do better, but it's hardly insulting.

1042451[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm not saying I should get Torry Holt - but I think Eli's worth a lot more than Branch. And that was a counter-offer to a pretty fair (in my opinion) multi-player deal that I offered him.

I agree I've seen much more lopsided offers than Branch for Eli (Glenn for Edge is a great example!), but it's just the most recent example and it's just wasting my time...

I'm so sick of trying to make win-win trades that would make both teams better, and then I get ridiculous counter-offers back in return.  I never see offers like this actually go thru, so why does anyone even bother to make them?

1042322[/snapback]

Totally agree, When I offer a trade, I look at projects, current stats, injury status etc... I usually offer something that is fair to both teams and something that can help both teams.

If I am in a position to offer garbage and receiver quality players, then I would consider that a league of Morons and that would be no fun.

Everytime I get a crazy trade offer, I usually type back to the other owner

GET REAL, have a nice day :D

I have a guy in my league (all friends) that finally admitted to making offers just in hopes of one of us accidentally hitting the accept button. 

Once we found that out, we just let his offers sit.

1042588[/snapback]

I accidentally accepted the Moore/Ferguson trade. I posted on our boards that it was done in error and woke up the next day to see that it had been voted down. i thanked everyone and told the league idiot to quit sending me all trade offers.

One fella in my league offered me either TJ Housmawhatever or either of his defenses,jax or cinci. for Ronnie Brown of the Phins.Not all 3 just one of those options!!!!Just for fun I said Mewelde might be available and he said absolutely not :D

I think some people just think because you have a little extra at one position that you'll give it up for turds.

Did you draft Eli Manning to be your starting QB?  Is he your starter now? You aren't going to get Torry Holt for him. If you need a receiver and don't need Eli... I'm not saying you can't do better, but it's hardly insulting.

1042451[/snapback]

amen. analyzing a trade is more about "how much does this upgrade my overall in game scoring" than it is about "is player a as good a pro player as player b".

If Eli is you #3 QB, behind Palmer and Brady (where he'd be on the Bavarians) and you're desperate for WRs -- say you thought Andre Johnson, Burleson, and Javon Walker would light it up ... then you might be salivating over the offer of Branch.

Don't like a trade offer? Decline it. Not complicated. "No thanks, I'm looking for a greater return for my team than what you've offered." Simple.

a guy in our league offers up either marvin harrison or randy moss for a "stud" RB. two weeks go by. he ends up trading harrison and lee suggs for drew bennett and kevan barlow because harrison has done nothing for him and he needs to shake things up. two days later, harrison goes off and the guy who traded him remains winless (if he'd kept harrison, he'd be 1-3). everyone in the league makes fun of him.

today, i offered jimmy smith and chris brown for moss, just to see what he says (i considered it a low starting point, but not insultingly low). he says no, everyone made fun of him and now he's done making trades.

i hate guys who make completely lopsided trade offers, but i hate even more the guys who ACCEPT them. the harrison trade should've been put to a vote, but it wasn't. the rest of the league is worse off for it.