[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carr?

Whoop That Trick

The biggest reason is they are playing against a young, inexperienced St Louis secondary (my wife graduated with Chris Johnson, and speaks to him every once in awhile, Andre Johnson is a tough draw for his first NFL start). But Carr has the talent to do that on a regular basis, if the offensive line would give him time and the coaches would give him the opportunities. Yes, so far today it is great to be a Texan fan :D

Had to use him when Bulger went down a few weeks ago and nothing. I dropped him as my backup this week. Lost Bulger and picked up Martin and now he's gone. Small rosters and position restrictions led me to drop him, now i wish i had kept him :D:D and started him :D :doah:

Vick did good....I started him too...wish the game was closer so he didn't have to sit out the 4th...who knows what else he could have done..but oh well im not complaining.  :D

1175974[/snapback]

Exactly, at least he put up decent numbers so I won't complain. But still, Carr has already surpassed them.

The biggest reason is they are playing against a young, inexperienced St Louis secondary (my wife graduated with Chris Johnson, and speaks to him every once in awhile, Andre Johnson is a tough draw for his first NFL start).  But Carr has the talent to do that on a regular basis, if the offensive line would give him time and the coaches would give him the opportunities.  Yes, so far today it is great to be a Texan fan :D

1175954[/snapback]

good info here.

I love it.  Houston playing it's way out of the Reggie Bush sweepstakes!

1175963[/snapback]

I could be wrong Cap'n, but I really dont think that the Texans would take Bush if they had the top pick. In fact I think Bush will end up a Packer or Jet after it is all said and done. I have said it for awhile now, but I think that the Texans would likely go after D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT from Virginia if they had the opportunity.

I could be wrong Cap'n, but I really dont think that the Texans would take Bush if they had the top pick.  In fact I think Bush will end up a Packer or Jet after it is all said and done.  I have said it for awhile now, but I think that the Texans would likely go after D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT from Virginia if they had the opportunity.

1176068[/snapback]

They would be out of their minds to pass on him.

1176073[/snapback]

Actually, I think the Texans would trade out of that spot. Dominick Davis is legit. He is very talented. The Texans have major needs on the O-Line and all over the defense. I think if they had the # 1 pick, they would have plenty of suitors, and they would play them against one another for a nice package to trade out of the spot. Just my $.02

Actually, I think the Texans would trade out of that spot.  Dominick Davis is legit.  He is very talented.  The Texans have major needs on the O-Line and all over the defense.  I think if they had the # 1 pick, they would have plenty of suitors, and they would play them against one another for a nice package to trade out of the spot.  Just my $.02

1176080[/snapback]

D. Davis is very overrated. You don't pass on Bush. If they do, they will regret it.

1176073[/snapback]

Sure it would be hard to pass on a player of his talent (the guy is awesome), but I think it is pretty easy to see that the bigger need is on the offensive line. Domanick has done a more than servicable job, and after signing him to a 5 year, $22 million deal just this August, I dont see why they would try to replace him, just one year later. Bush is a few inches taller than Davis, but I think their running styles are too similar for them both to be effective sharing a backfield. (I mean neither are power backs, so you would basically be paying 2 backs who do the same thing)

Ferguson is no slouch, by any means. He is a top 5 overall pick on a lot of '06 draft boards, and #3 on quite a few (behind Bush and Leinhart, of course). He not only is the #1 ranked lineman this year, but was also the top lineman (and predicted first rounder if he would have came out) in '05.

On top of this, Bush has said publicly that he is not sure that he will come out this year, and wouldnt even say the chances are 50/50.

Edited by Ziachild007

I know what you're saying Zia. Bush is coming out. He'd be insane not too. I know the Texans need o-line help, but they've been neglecting it for years, why stop now? I don't want Bush in the AFC South. I hope you are right. Ferguson would be a nice pick. But not a game changer. Bush reminds me of Marshall Faulk. DD gets hurt too much. And you'd be surprised how a game breaker makes an offensive line look better.

I am sure he would much rather be a Jet.  :D

1176120[/snapback]

Rather be a Packer.

Perch thinks Reggie is another Chris Perry, but then he thinks Bush is a good presdent too.

Next year we'll re-visit his comment.

Edited by Randall