[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

boller

biggamer3

the way he is playing down the stretch, he just might be #1 qb potential.

m clayton will be a stud next year.

1236877[/snapback]

It's hard to say it but you might be right. Clayton is gonna be a force in this league and I think the running game can't be half as bad as it's been this year. Boller could put some numbers up next year, especially with a healthy defense too.

Depends if Billick is retained or not. A young QB like Boller could really regress having to learn a new system.

1236884[/snapback]

Agreed. Fossil will probably stay, which will definetly help. Buy I don't think Billick's future is too bright...

Would love to see him replace Turner though... :D

The popular opinion on Ravens Radio is that Billick has known he is gone after this year for a few weeks. He's been very upbeat with the media, and the team has been playing much better.

Funny how quick the fans/host turn. Four weeks ago you could have hung Boller from the Bromo Seltzer Tower downtown. Now he's drawing comparison to Bert Jones. "Well, you known Jones sucked his first three years and then really turned it around".

The Ravens are 0-7 on the road this year. Lets see Boller do this on the road before we even think about naming him a top QB, much less Ravens starter for next year. Destroy the Brownies, don't just eek out a win (Houston).

Not a chance.  Boller sucks.  He has always sucked, and that won't change.  This is clearly a case of a guy playing to his potential in meaningless games against weak opponents.  Too little too late.....

1237010[/snapback]

He just looks bigger because he sucked all the life out of the Vikings.

Not a chance.  Boller sucks.  He has always sucked, and that won't change.  This is clearly a case of a guy playing to his potential in meaningless games against weak opponents.  Too little too late.....

1237010[/snapback]

I agree. He has a horrible throwing motion... and he looks physically weak. I'm sure he could play in Detroit, but that's it.

1237010[/snapback]

I love how people are so quick to label a QB as a bust. Give me a break and have a little patience. They said the same crap about how Favre had a horrible throwing motion.

I think that Boller has earned the starting spot for next season. He still has a lot to prove and should be benched if he regresses next year, but he certainly has played well over the past three games. Brees didn't look like an NFL starter until his fourth season, so it's certainly possible that Boller may just have been a late-bloomer as well.

I think that Boller has earned the starting spot for next season.  He still has a lot to prove and should be benched if he regresses next year, but he certainly has played well over the past three games.  Brees didn't look like an NFL starter until his fourth season, so it's certainly possible that Boller may just have been a late-bloomer as well.

1237200[/snapback]

I can't see why Boller has suddenly taken off. It can only be a major change in play calling and game planning, plus the weakness of the opposition. Boller does have a set of talented receivers though - I'll be looking hard at Clayton for #3 next year.

I love how people are so quick to label a QB as a bust. Give me a break and have a little patience. They said the same crap about how Favre had a horrible throwing motion.

1237104[/snapback]

Quick?

The guy had one decent year at CAL really. He has been in the NFL for three years and never had more than 13 touchdowns or 2500 passing yards. Other than his last two games against GB and MIN, his season this year has been nothing special. I would not be so quick to put too much emphasis on the last two games versus three years of work.

Admittedly no one should be compared to Favre, but since you bring him up, he had 18, 19 and 33 TDs in his first three years and never less than 3200 passing yards.

You can throw out this year,as far as stats go, he's been injured over half the season and after week one, his next games back were against Pittsburg and Jacksonville. It's possible that he's matured over the season and being out for 9+ weeks has helped his mental toughness , which is what most experts felt were his downfall.

I could see him being a good QB next year, taken what he's learned this season and moving forward. It wouldn't be surprising to see him as a top 15 fantasy QB next year.

1237104[/snapback]

'Quick' huh? This guy was a first round pick and has been in the league for what, 3 years now? Every year its the same sh** in the pre-season, Billick talking about how his QB is ready to take the next step. He has to give up on him and admit defeat. He had a few decent games last year and the year before that, just like he did against GB and MN these last two meaningless weeks. Doesn't mean anything. Harrington and Boller are in very similar situations, and I don't expect Harrington to be a Lion next year....jury's still out if Boller will be a Raven.

Don't mention Favre and Boller in the same sentence please.

Yeah, that Trent Green guy ... the guy who sat on the pine for five or six years before getting a sniff in WAS about seven years ago ... he's a real stiff.

So was that Rich Gannon fellow. What a pathetic QB.

...the NFL QB is a tough position to play for someone who has high expectations and doesn't deliver immediately...

In some ways, I'd rather be a lowly drafted QB who has a chance to learn the game behind a solid veteran in hopes of succeeding down the road, than to be a highly touted pick thrust in the games too soon, and fail and lose confidence.

I'd rather be a lowly drafted QB who has a chance to learn the game behind a solid veteran in hopes of succeeding down the road, than to be a highly touted pick thrust in the games too soon, and fail and lose confidence.

1237377[/snapback]

I'd rather be a career third-stringer earning the rookie and then veteran minimum for 10 years before retiring in one piece and wealthy. :D

...the NFL QB is a tough position to play for someone who has high expectations and doesn't deliver immediately...

1237377[/snapback]

This is exactly the point. He was a high draft pick, you can't wait around for these guys (see Tim Couch). Gannon / T. Green are exceptions, guys who played hard, weren't drafted as high and became very valuable late in their careers. You want Boller to stay in BALT until he is T. Green's age? Maybe Gannon's age? I don't see what one thing has to do with the other.

This is exactly the point.  He was a high draft pick, you can't wait around for these guys (see Tim Couch). Gannon / T. Green are exceptions, guys who played hard, weren't drafted as high and became very valuable late in their careers.  You want Boller to stay in BALT until he is T. Green's age?  Maybe Gannon's age?  I don't see what one thing has to do with the other.

1237440[/snapback]

Boller has played what adds up to a total of about two seasons. The line is playing the best (as far as pass blocking) since he's been here. The last 3-4 games, he has not had to run for his life as soon as he gets the ball. Also, he now has Mason, Heap and Clayton. All healthy, all the absolute starters the last 5-6 games. No rotating WRs, not missing Heap.

I'm not saying he's the starter next year. The Ravens should cut Wright (we know what he can/can't do) and bring in a vet if possible (McNair, Collins). If a vet isn't available, draft a guy in the 2-3 round if the right player is there.

Edited by Big Red

Or Vince Young in the 1st.

1237495[/snapback]

In my opinion, our priority is an offensive line. Look at what Denver has done with a top line, Plummer at QB and the RB of the week/year. If our O can put up 20-28 points a game on a normal basis, our D will make that win 90% of the time.

Boller has played what adds up to a total of about two seasons.  The line is playing the best (as far as pass blocking) since he's been here.  The last 3-4 games, he has not had to run for his life as soon as he gets the ball.  Also, he now has Mason, Heap and Clayton.  All healthy, all the absolute starters the last 5-6 games.  No rotating WRs, not missing Heap.

I'm not saying he's the starter next year.  The Ravens should cut Wright (we know what he can/can't do) and bring in a vet if possible (McNair, Collins).  If a vet isn't available, draft a guy in the 2-3 round if the right player is there.

1237452[/snapback]

All good points...I just don't think they can wait another year just hoping that Boller can figure it out. I think they could sign a veteran free agent to come in and be much better than Boller. You are right about the pieces being there, Mason has been solid along with Heap and solid running game (I realize the running game sucked this year but I would expect that to be fixed by next year).