[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

boller

biggamer3

Look at what Denver has done with...Plummer at QB

1237549[/snapback]

This sorta piqued my interest;

Boller's first 35 games - 530/945 (56.1%), 5467 yds (5.8/att), 31 tds (3.3%), 30 ints (3.2%)

Plummers first 38 - 682/1224 (55.7%) , 8051 yds (6.6/att), 41 tds (3.3%), 59 ints (4.8%)

:D Remarkably similar as far as the percentages go. Of course, I have no idea what that means. :D

This sorta piqued my interest;

Boller's first 35 games - 530/945 (56.1%), 5467 yds (5.8/att), 31 tds (3.3%), 30 ints (3.2%)

Plummers first 38 - 682/1224 (55.7%) , 8051 yds (6.6/att), 41 tds (3.3%), 59 ints (4.8%)

:D Remarkably similar as far as the percentages go. Of course, I have no idea what that means. :D

1237629[/snapback]

If we don't get a line, it means nothing.

I still think Boller is option #1. Option #2 CANNOT be Anthony Wright. Griese, Collins, McNair, Dilfer (ha), anyone with actual experience.

This team still has lots of needs. Ed Reed has one year left on his contract. Jamal doesn't want to be here (don't think he's wanted for the $$$ he'll ask for) and Ray wants more money. Keep Boller (he's under contract), let Jamal walk (or limp), pay Reed top $$$ and let Ray know he's under contract. If he doesn't want to finish his last two years, shop him around.

The problem with Boller is that any "surprise" associated with has about a 50% chance of being on the downside.

1237731[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that - if he goes back to sucking, I'd hardly be startled.

Beatin on the NFC North for a couple games doesn't really catch my eye as anything spectacular. Granted he's showing life, but this is stuff they expected a year ago.

1236993[/snapback]

Agreed. Home games vs the Packers and Vikes will make a lot of QBs look better than they really are. I think Boller is just another one of the Qbs(Harrington, Ramsey, etc) that just cant get it done in the NFL. They may have their moments, but nothing you can rely on consistently.

One thing I will say for sure regarding Boller, is he certainly gave Maguire a stiffy last night! Jeezus Christmas, you woulda thought Paul was watching Boller dissect the greatest defense in history (with his opposite hand) the way he was carrying on about him. Not to be outdone, Joe chimed in with something to the effect that "a QB has to throw the ball in front of the receiver where he can catch it" or something profound like that. Ridiculous sensationalization of average play as usual for the Sunday Night idiots.

The thing I can't figure out is why in the world would anyone put this much time or effort into writing about Kyle Boller!! 

1237755[/snapback]

Getting a leg up on on NEXT year's potential breakout players is how you win titles, junior.

Getting a leg up on on NEXT year's potential breakout players is how you win titles, junior.

1237764[/snapback]

I mean I can see Eli, Losman, Leftwich, maybe Grossman, you know guys with some talent. Kyle Boller will never be capable of making good enough decisions or throws to be successful. You've got to be kidding me

I mean I can see Eli, Losman, Leftwich, maybe Grossman, you know guys with some talent.  Kyle Boller will never be capable of making good enough decisions or throws to be successful.  You've got to be kidding me

1237778[/snapback]

Well, reading the pro and con, you at least have a basis for deciding to buy into or avoid the player. :D

As pointed out above, Drew Brees wasn't that far removed from where Boller is right now in the court of public opinion a couple years back.

Being entrenched and homegrown in the Baltimore area, and being a Redskins fan, I love to be able to objectively analyze all the talk I hear about Boller and the Ravens. I root for them second, but can still be objective... He's had his chance, and JUUUUUst when we thought he was done, he starts throwing up sick stats. Does anyone remember last year when he did this at the end of the year?? He cant' play well when anything's on the line. Now, he's playing for his job. If whoever the coach is can find a way to instill that drive in him on a mostly weekly basis, then the Ravens will be in the playoffs next year, it's that simple. The rest of the team is good enough, they just need a Top-one-third-of-the-NFL QB...

Boller was supposed to be THIS year's sleeper QB!!  :D

1236983[/snapback]

That was my thought.

1236989[/snapback]

:D

When he's a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick in 2007 drafts remember who told you so in August of 2005. It begins with the re-signing of Jamal Lewis who returns to form.

:D

Are you serious!?!?!?  Jamal is gone, Billick is gone, and I would include Boller, but he was never really there to begin with.  Can you say Vince Young anyone?

1239263[/snapback]

Young? Are you serious? :D

No way he makes it as an NFL QB, the guy does not know the first thing about reading a defense.

Are you serious!?!?!?  Jamal is gone, Billick is gone, and I would include Boller, but he was never really there to begin with.  Can you say Vince Young anyone?

1239263[/snapback]

Yeah, just what the Ravens need...to suffer through another couple years of a rookie learning how to play in the NFL...

Incidentally, I'd be shocked if Young came out this year. He is not ready.