[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK-top 5 RB's next year.

Randall

Pick the top back and list your top 5.  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the top back and list your top 5.

• LT
    • Larry Johnson
    • Edge
    • Shaun Alexander
    • Tiki Barber
    • Corey Dillon
    • Jamal ;)
    • Clinton Portis
    • Lamont Jordan
    • Westbrook
    • Warrick Dunn
    • Ricky ;)

Alexander is #1 if he stays with Seattle and the Seahawks get Hutchinson re-signed.

Larry Johnson is #2 if the KC can retain most of it's guys.

LT slips to #3 for me. A bad o-line is starting to wear him down late in the season. It's happened two years in a row now.

Edge is #4 if he stays with the Colts.

Tiki Barber is #5.

Rudi Johnson is #6.

Portis is #7.

Alexander is #1 if he stays with Seattle and the Seahawks get Hutchinson re-signed.

LT slips to #3 for me.  A bad o-line is starting to wear him down late in the season.  It's happened two years in a row now.

Tiki Barber is #5.

Rudi Johnson is #6.

Portis is #7.

1238636[/snapback]

I agree with the good Captain here, 'cept I would put LJ over SA (though I think the difference is probably a coin flip or so).

LT slips to #3 for me.  A bad o-line is starting to wear him down late in the season.  It's happened two years in a row now.

Tiki Barber is #5.

Rudi Johnson is #6.

Portis is #7.

1238636[/snapback]

A lot of "ifs"...but what Hook said!

Tiki Barber is #5.

Rudi Johnson is #6.

Portis is #7.

1238636[/snapback]

Agree with this completely as far as #6. Beyond that I haven't a clue - Dom Davis, perhaps?

BTW, no Reggie Bush? :D

I agree with the good Captain here, 'cept I would put LJ over SA (though I think the difference is probably a coin flip or so).

1238648[/snapback]

If you are using past performance and chance for future success as a guide, it's not really that close of a choice.

Alexander PPG

2004: 18.93

2005: 23.37

average together: 21.15

Larry Johnson PPG Started

2004(5 games): 26.62

2005(8 games so far): 27.94

Average per game: 27.4

That puts LJ at 6 PPG higher. Granted his sample size is smaller, but this is 2 different seasons of performing like this and a total of 13 games.

The only question about LJ in my mind right now is if he can handle it for 16 games. He has been durable in his career both in the pros and in college, so it's only a small question.

And for those that talk about LJ as a product of the KC line, you only have as much of a point as you have saying the same thing about Alexander running behind the left side of his line. They both run behind the 2 of the top 3 or 4 lines in the league, so IMHO you have to credit the backs and lines equally.

If you are using past performance and chance for future success as a guide, it's not really that close of a choice.

Alexander PPG

2004: 18.93

2005: 23.37

average together: 21.15

Larry Johnson PPG Started

2004(5 games): 26.62

2005(8 games so far): 27.94

Average per game: 27.4

That puts LJ at 6 PPG higher.  Granted his sample size is smaller, but this is 2 different seasons of performing like this and a total of 13 games.

The only question about LJ in my mind right now is if he can handle it for 16 games.  He has been durable in his career both in the pros and in college, so it's only a small question.

And for those that talk about LJ as a product of the KC line, you only have as much of a point as you have saying the same thing about Alexander running behind the left side of his line.  They both run behind the 2 of the top 3 or 4 lines in the league, so IMHO you have to credit the backs and lines equally.

1238682[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't buy much into the "product of the line" thinking. BUT, if KC loses Roaf and Shields, both of whom would be in their fourteenth NFL seasons next year, I'm definitely going with SA. If KC can bring both those guys back, AND the Seahawks can't get Hutchinson done, I might go with LJ first. There is a lot still up in the air.

And for those that talk about LJ as a product of the KC line, you only have as much of a point as you have saying the same thing about Alexander running behind the left side of his line.  They both run behind the 2 of the top 3 or 4 lines in the league, so IMHO you have to credit the backs and lines equally.

1238682[/snapback]

Being concerned about the future of Johnson's line and saying he's a product of it are two different things. I'm not saying he'a a product of that line, but having that line sure as hell can't hurt.

Besides, Walter Jones is staying put.

Being concerned about the future of Johnson's line and saying he's a product of it are two different things.  I'm not saying he'a a product of that line, but having that line sure as hell can't hurt.

Besides, Walter Jones is staying put.

1238719[/snapback]

:D I wasn't trying to argue that point at all. More to the point there have been several people on this site that have somewhat downplayed what LJ has accomplished because of Roaf and Shields. Those same people forget that Alexander has Jones and Hutchinson, and they are roughly as good as Roaf and Shields.

There have been several games in Alexander's career when Jones didn;t play. Alexander's numbers suffered greatly. The same will probably be true for LJ, but we have yet to see that.

There have been several games in Alexander's career when Jones didn;t play.  Alexander's numbers suffered greatly.  The same will probably be true for LJ, but we have yet to see that.

1238740[/snapback]

We have seen that. Roaf missed several games this year with his hammy problem. It was right about the time LJ took over full time. He still had over a 100 and TD's. I would just worry about LJ if they have to do a complete overhaul on that line. Otherwise, he'll be fine.

We have seen that.  Roaf missed several games this year with his hammy problem.  It was right about the time LJ took over full time.  He still had over a 100 and TD's.  I would just worry about LJ if they have to do a complete overhaul on that line.  Otherwise, he'll be fine.

1238744[/snapback]

:D I thought Roaf had made it back by the time LJ took over full time.

Anyways....major changes on any offensive line will because to review any RB's potential. For now, I take LJ with the top pick.

:D  I thought Roaf had made it back by the time LJ took over full time.

Anyways....major changes on any offensive line will because to review any RB's potential.  For now, I take LJ with the top pick.

1238747[/snapback]

The other Johnson, the one not Rudy, is probably the real deal but #1 overall I don't want any worries. I had Alexander and Chad Johnson on the same team this year and it was so nice. But that's just a matter of personal preference.