[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. to the Jets?

ebartender

Bring him in. and bring in favre while you're at it, who wants to keep playing but isn't really wanted in Green Bay.  It's new york - stuff like this can happen.

1241832[/snapback]

Favre isn't wanted in Green Bay? :D

Go there and tell everyone that and see what happens.

I think T.O would wait and see the QB situation in NY before deciding to go to the Jets. If Chad (Linguini arm) Pennington gets the nod T.O probably wouldnt go.

edit to add: Capn hook beat me to it and took the steam out of my Linguini arm reference :D

Edited by whomper

Bring him in. and bring in favre while you're at it, who wants to keep playing but isn't really wanted in Green Bay.  It's new york - stuff like this can happen.

1241832[/snapback]

The Jets seem to be committed to Pennington for now. Don't ask me why, I think he stinks. TO isn't coming to NY if Chad is throwing the ball, not a shot. Favre would NEVER come to NY. He's a small town guy who has stated that he won't go somewhere where the expectations are unreasonable for him. NY would certainly expect the Brett Favre of old.

I don't see Herm Edwards putting up with a guy like TO. Herm strikes me as a no nonsense type of guy and TO is far from no nonsense. Although maybe Herm would whip him into shape.

How about Minnesota, they have cap space and could use a No. 1 receiver. They dealt with Randy Moss who I would say is not as much of a donkey as TO but nonetheless he would probably fit right in there. I have no evidence to back me up, as this is pure speculation. I just see that as a possible fit.

Edited by blaw23

I think the main question is what options Owens really has. I would strongly suspect that he would - willingly - only go to a team with a great QB and offense that he could supply the "missing" ingredient. But most of the really good teams have strong management teams that would not want to mess with him I would guess.

I think just as important to this is what Owens would think seeing how Randy Moss went to a sub-average team and what it did to his production. The wildly entertaining thing about Owens is that the very best of all options for him was to go to the team that he just screwed over.

I don't see Herm Edwards putting up with a guy like TO. Herm strikes me as a no nonsense type of guy and TO is far from no nonsense. Although maybe Herm would whip him into shape.

How about Minnesota, they have cap space and could use a No. 1 receiver. They dealt with Randy Moss who I would say is not as much of a donkey as TO but nonetheless he would probably fit right in there. I have no evidence to back me up, as this is pure speculation. I just see that as a possible fit.

1241975[/snapback]

At this point I don't think there's a single team where he will "fit in". He'll be playing somewhere of course but I guarantee there will be a divide in the lockerroom. He's a me first guy and that doesn't fly too well in the NFL.

I think the main question is what options Owens really has. I would strongly suspect that he would - willingly - only go to a team with a great QB and offense that he could supply the "missing" ingredient. But most of the really good teams have strong management teams that would not want to mess with him I would guess.

I think just as important to this is what Owens would think seeing how Randy Moss went to a sub-average team and what it did to his production. The wildly entertaining thing about Owens is that the very best of all options for him was to go to the team that he just screwed over.

1241990[/snapback]

He wants to go where he can get the most money.

He wants to go where he can get the most money.

1242233[/snapback]

True but I think that is tempered by ego that wants to go to a team with a chance of getting the ball to him.

True but I think that is tempered by ego that wants to go to a team with a chance of getting the ball to him.

1242242[/snapback]

Yeah, but the problem is that the teams that are going to be desperate enough to want to sign him are probably also the teams with the most problems offensively...

Yeah, but the problem is that the teams that are going to be desperate enough to want to sign him are probably also the teams with the most problems offensively...

1242267[/snapback]

And this is the beauty of this whole situation. He will go from a team that throws the ball a ton, has a Pro-Bowl QB, and has a good chance of being a contender to a team desperate for either some offense or a guy who will help sell tickets. It would be great to see him play for a team that wins 4-6 games next year. Especially if the Eagles bounce back.

And this is the beauty of this whole situation.  He will go from a team that throws the ball a ton, has a Pro-Bowl QB, and has a good chance of being a contender to a team desperate for either some offense or a guy who will help sell tickets.  It would be great to see him play for a team that wins 4-6 games next year.  Especially if the Eagles bounce back.

1242276[/snapback]

There is no really good team that has a "missing piece" that TO could fill. And there is certainly no really good team that will take on a proven headcase like TO is.

So TO will spend the rest of his career in some also-ran. It would be interesting to see him go to Atlanta and get over and underthrown by Mike Vick. That should have T.O. longing for a reconcilation with Donovan McNabb by the time next preseason is over.

I think T.O would wait and see the QB situation in NY before deciding to go to the Jets. If Chad (Linguini arm) Pennington gets the nod T.O probably wouldnt go.

edit to add: Capn hook beat me to it and took the steam out of my Linguini arm reference  :D

1241881[/snapback]

Not for members who read from the bottom up!