[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. to the Jets?

ebartender

If Herm Edwards is heading to KC, does this increase or decrease the probability that TO ends up a Jet?

Relatedly, if HE leaves, does NYJ-management tell the new coach that he doesn't have a choice but to deal with TO, thereby eliminating most of the proven coaches from the search?

Yeah, TO wants to go to a team with the QB with the weakest arm in NFL, who is coming off shoulder surgery.

1241876[/snapback]

He already fought his way out of San Fran and Baltimore to hand pick Philly because of Donovan McNabb. However, as soooon as he got to a soft spot in his mega-contract, he was nooooo longer happy and threw the sissy hissy of all sissy hissies ... His choice will have nothing to do with helping a team -- only about where the spotlight can be most brightly shone on him and his mega millions ...

He's a cash paid friend -- nothing more ...

As for me, I hope it comes down to this: "Does Winnipeg have the coin to sign him?" :D

:D SEND HIM ANYWHERE BUT PITTSBURGH!!! :D

He already fought his way out of San Fran and Baltimore to hand pick Philly because of Donovan McNabb.  However, as soooon as he got to a soft spot in his mega-contract, he was nooooo longer happy and threw the sissy hissy of all sissy hissies ... His choice will have nothing to do with helping a team -- only about where the spotlight can be most brightly shone on him and his mega millions ...

He's a cash paid friend -- nothing more ...

As for me, I hope it comes down to this: "Does Winnipeg have the coin to sign him?"  :D

:D SEND HIM ANYWHERE BUT PITTSBURGH!!! :D

1242571[/snapback]

EDIT COMMENT: Wait!! a "cash paid friend" doesn't rhyme with "nothing more"!! Censorship wrecked my rhyme!! Ohhhh, the injustice!! :D

There is no really good team that has a "missing piece" that TO could fill.  And there is certainly no really good team that will take on a proven headcase like TO is.

So TO will spend the rest of his career in some also-ran.  It would be interesting to see him go to Atlanta and get over and underthrown by Mike Vick.  That should have T.O. longing for a reconcilation with Donovan McNabb by the time next preseason is over.

1242328[/snapback]

San Diego does not have a big threat WR. KC Does not have a big threat WR. Atlanta does not have a big threat WR.

Mort did a piece earlier in the year where he put the Broncos as the most likely followed up by the Cowboys. I can see the Falcons being interested...that WR core sucks horribly.

As a Broncos fan, not sure how I feel about that one.

Edited by Jo

I agree.  I'd find it extremely difficult to root for that idiot.

1241961[/snapback]

Yeah...........till week 8 and he's got 1000 yds and 10 tds!!!!

Send him to the Bears, that'll give me yet another reason to hate the Megan Fox bag!!

Interested to hear Rovers take on this one.

I have litttle faith that TO will go to a team without a legitimate passing game.

1241847[/snapback]

If Pennington could throw just half as many TDs to TO that he did to Moss at Marshall it would be a great year.

Yeah...........till week 8 and he's got 1000 yds and 10 tds!!!! 

Send him to the Bears, that'll give me yet another reason to hate the Megan Fox bag!!

1242663[/snapback]

Some of us have principles. I wouldn't root for him if he had 2000 yards and 20 TDs. Period.

I'll gladly welcome T.O. to the Jets. He'll be on his best behavior for the next year or two and god knows we could use a receiver...or two, and a QB and a RB and a TE and a new offensive line.

However, I think he'll end up on the Texans. TO, Andre Johnson, Carr and Reggie Bush...not a bad nucleus on offense. Then, if they could just get a couple of decent offensive linemen - they'd be a formdable offense to contend with.

San Diego does not have a big threat WR.  KC Does not have a big threat WR.  Atlanta does not have a big threat WR.

1242577[/snapback]

I'd be really surprised if T.O. goes to the Bolts. They have to lay out money for Brees, LT and a big new contract for Antonio Gates (or watch Antonio go to another team), and Schottenheimer is not well known for his tolerance of the donkey crowd.

KC seems like a reach too. They need to lock up LJ, and work on some offensive line and QB successors for Shields, Green and Roaf. I think that the Chiefs are ok with Kennison, Gonzo and LJ/Priest catching out of the backfield. They need to work on the defensive side of the ball a little more.

Atlanta, maybe, but like I said in my original post, if T.O. thought he had it bad when he had Steve Young, Donovan McNabb and (back when he was good) Jeff Garcia throwing to him--wait for the fireworks that are going to hit when Mike Vick can't hit a wide-open T.O. 30 yards downfield.

I'll gladly welcome T.O. to the Jets.  He'll be on his best behavior for the next year or two and god knows we could use a receiver...or two, and a QB and a RB and a TE and a new offensive line.

However, I think he'll end up on the Texans.  TO, Andre Johnson, Carr and Reggie Bush...not a bad nucleus on offense.  Then, if they could just get a couple of decent offensive linemen - they'd be a formdable offense to contend with.

1243139[/snapback]

I can't see anything good happening if he goes to the Jets. If he gets the contract he wants, or close to it, he will be a good soldier for a little bit. But as soon as he realizes he has no QB throwing to him or the team is palying badly he will start his crap. He will blame everyone but himself and do so publicly.