[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coach Chat

Brentastic

Right, but Al doesn't care.  He just wants his high powered offense and so do I for fantasy purposes.  If it does happen, consider me a buyer of all things offense in Oakland next year for fantasy.

1253517[/snapback]

....I think that team would need to move to Austrailia to fit both Davis' and Matz's egos.

....I think that team would need to move to Austrailia to fit both Davis' and Matz's egos.

1253831[/snapback]

yah, i dont think Al Davis would let him come, because Martz wouldn't want him peering over his shoulder all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
Word.

1292484[/snapback]

I agree, but teams could have much worse. Plus you gotta count on him learning from past experiences. That's what life is all about. Belichick wasn't a SB coach his first time with the Browns. Martz was in the SB as a first time HC. I think he'll end up being a great HC before it's all said and done and I'd love to see what he would do with Moss/Porter/

Edited by Brentastic

I agree, but teams could have much worse.  Plus you gotta count on him learning from past experiences.  That's what life is all about.  Belichick wasn't a SB coach his first time with the Browns.  Martz was in the SB as a first time HC.  I think he'll end up being a great HC before it's all said and done and I'd love to see what he would do with Moss/Porter/

1292500[/snapback]

He had PLENTY of opportunity to address his issues with the Rams and didn't seem too willing to change.

Of course, his worst seasons were 7-9 and 2-3, so you're correct that things CERTAINLY could have been worse. He's far better than Dom Capers if you look at the #s (just to grab a name of another retread who's gotten some consideration).

He had PLENTY of opportunity to address his issues with the Rams and didn't seem too willing to change.

Of course, his worst seasons were 7-9 and 2-3, so you're correct that things CERTAINLY could have been worse. He's far better than Dom Capers if you look at the #s (just to grab a name of another retread who's gotten some consideration).

1292556[/snapback]

Well sometimes it takes getting fired and a new situation to finally turn things around. I also think time away from the game helps, which in this case (if he gets hired) won't help him. Bottom line: I agree with you to a certain extent, but I think Martz's critics are a bit too harsh. I have seen plenty of coaches with much more experience do a lot worse and since OAK is clearly an offensive-focused team, I think Martz is the best person for their HCing vacancy.

Just for the sake of discussion, let me ask you this: Who do you see as a better option in OAK for the coming seasons?

Well sometimes it takes getting fired and a new situation to finally turn things around.  I also think time away from the game helps, which in this case (if he gets hired) won't help him.  Bottom line:  I agree with you to a certain extent, but I think Martz's critics are a bit too harsh.  I have seen plenty of coaches with much more experience do a lot worse and since OAK is clearly an offensive-focused team, I think Martz is the best person for their HCing vacancy.

Just for the sake of discussion, let me ask you this:  Who do you see as a better option in OAK for the coming seasons?

1292632[/snapback]

I thought it was basically a done deal that they're going to pursue Whisenhunt?

Edited by Swampnuts

Just for the sake of discussion, let me ask you this:  Who do you see as a better option in OAK for the coming seasons?

1292632[/snapback]

:D I'd probably go with Al Saunders, myself.

I thought it was basically a done deal that they're going to pursue Whisenhunt?

1292722[/snapback]

Sadly for we Steeler fans, I think they are going to snag Whisenhunt. He will be missed, and I'm assuming Russ Grimm will take over. Grimm is very highly thought of in the organization, but he has never been a coordinator before, so that makes me a bit nervous. However, Whisenhunt does deserve the opportunity, if he gets it.

Sadly for we Steeler fans, I think they are going to snag Whisenhunt.  He will be missed, and I'm assuming Russ Grimm will take over.  Grimm is very highly thought of in the organization, but he has never been a coordinator before, so that makes me a bit nervous.  However, Whisenhunt does deserve the opportunity, if he gets it.

1294787[/snapback]

Ahhh, but what if the Raiders pick Gil Haskell, OC of the Seahawks, thus leaving room for Holmgren's good friend Martz to step in as OC in Seattle? :D